Thread: Game Paused - No ticking until further notice.

Development Team

Game Paused - No ticking until further notice.

I've taken the game down and suspended ticking until this War Room bug is fixed and relevant data is sorted out.

Right now I don't know how long this will take. Fixing the bug should be easy, sorting out the data will take longer though. In addition, we've had various other problems with the server today. We'll have to work on these too.

It's after midnight here, so I'm not going to try to fix things now. I'll have a look in the morning, assess the damage and update you with more info if and when I have it.

Development Team
    Sean and I are both in the office working on sorting out yesterday's issues - The negative attack units, messed up data and various other bugs. It's likely that this will take us at least the rest of the day.

We haven't decided what we're going to do with people that exploited the bug. We're going to gather more data first.

I'll updated again at 5pm GMT.

Development Team
    OK, some news. We've solved most of the issues that caused trouble yesterday (including the War Room bug) but we still have some more issues to resolve. Due to the widespread effects of the exploitation of the War Room bug we're going to have to reset all provinces (all starting with 400 acres again etc...).

All provinces will remain in their current locations.
    When the game comes back up it will be the End of Freeze / Start of Protection period.
    Protection will run for the usual 3 days before we go OOP (again).

We have the list of provinces that sent negative troops. We know how many times they exploited the bug and we know how many troops they sent.

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_ View Post
    Due to the widespread effects of the exploitation of the War Room bug we're going to have to reset all provinces.
    Just to clarify this point. We know who exploited the bug and by how much. However, it's not possible to revert all the secondary effects of this exploitation. Some provinces suffered attacks from the cheaters (buildings razed etc...), some provinces opped the cheaters (knowingly or unknowingly?) at times gaining substantial GCs. Even if we could track *all* of the resources it would be impossible to sensibly undo the secondary effects in all cases.

Thread Information