38 84.44%
  • NO

7 15.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restart this Age 1h before OOP

Regular

Restart this Age 1h before OOP

Reason:
    1. Thievery ops didn't worked as they should - (HL - Rogue, 2 TPA faild over 20 OPS like Rob the Valuts and Greed)
    -didn't manage to get even one sabotage ops going of course I'v lost round 100 thieves

2.I'v tooked SoT with all my thieves and oversent 10% over the oponent defence but failed, even with gnome intel we failed..... so I'v lost another 150 leets without reason

3. Nothing worked on this OOP and the most active of us who wanted to do something right oop are the most afected

4. I'M ALMOST SHURE THAT THEY CAN'T DO THIS CAUSE OF THE FACT THEY DON'T HAVE A RESTORE POINT.

Thank you for your patience!

I would like to see the judgement on so called "bug abusers" to be annuled as well.

It is pointless to create a bug that wasnt there before and hunt people down for abusing it.

And note: Before anyone starts to call out me a cheater, I didnt used the bug, and put my monarch message up in a way that none in my KD uses it either. So suck it up...
    Utopia: a "Mess"ive multiplayer strategy game since Mehul sold it

Post Demon
    Might have been a more interesting poll if you had put up a series of alternative options rather than - here's one solution: say yes or no!

As for whether the bug was there or not before, why is that relevant? Retards will abuse bugs just the same whether they are new or old!

Forum Fanatic
    since no one could attack or do ops then when it restarts you will hopefully be able to and be just like oop again. so why the heck reset it? the gc and land will still be there.if you had a target i bet you didnt forget where it was.

bugs have always been made by accident. people saying"" after finding many posts about it then claiming they assumed the age would be reset is BS. no age has ever been reset before

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Demon
    Oh, but think of all those dicing DEs who weren't affected by not being able to attack!! It's so unfair!!! /end sarcasm

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by pmyraje View Post
    Might have been a more interesting poll if you had put up a series of alternative options rather than - here's one solution: say yes or no!

As for whether the bug was there or not before, why is that relevant? Retards will abuse bugs just the same whether they are new or old!
    lol know anything about statistics? that would ruin the poll. lmao

Regular
    A vote ? What for ? Answer will be yes at 80%.
    So they won't do it.

Exactly like when 80% of ppl urged them OF NOT broke the CB system that was working very well, urged them to make minors changes on races and to fix ALREADY EXISTING BUGS before anything else . But as usual we were wrong and they were right ...

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1 View Post
    lol know anything about statistics? that would ruin the poll. lmao
    I know enough about statistics to know that whatever options are put up the size of the response will be insufficient to be statistically representative. Giving alternative options for people to vote on would at least add some interest to the poll.

Stonedville (Wanna join us? #publicstoners)
    Like I already said, this age has to be brought back to 1 hour OOP.

This poll just confirms majority of community agrees with this.

So, s&b, you know what to do!

Post Fiend
    I started the round a day late so still wasn't oop, so wasn't involved in the negative troops bug other than wondering wtf all the failed attacks were about that showed up in the paper. No matter how you try to fix it now, unlikely you are going to totally undo the damage that has been done. My vote would be to restart the round from scratch going back to what we had last round w/out any changes and try to work out the bugs you still hadn't corrected. While it is going to annoy a lot of folks at least everyone would get a fair start and hopefully we could play a relatively smooth round for a change.

For all of you folks who seem to enjoy bending and breaking the rules, kindly get your thighs off your shoulders. Cheating to win makes a win rather meaningless and throws monkey wrenches into a game that is allready loosing players over crap like scripting, x-logging, farmingetc., and now this glitch. Did you really think everyone was going to see you at 1mil plus nw day one oop and figure you did it legit and marvel at what a great player you are? So now we likely all will have to sit on our hands while they try to undo the damage your exploiting the latest bug has done. Great fun for everyone, hope you are proud of your achievement.

Forum Addict
    Oh, but think of all those dicing DEs who weren't affected by not being able to attack!! It's so unfair!!! /end sarcasm
    Hmm, I'm confused. You normally seem to be at least somewhat informed, yet now you seem to pretend that not being able to attack or do ops would not imbalance the whole age.
    Are you a dicing d/e ?

I mean it's not just about d/e, what about warring kingdoms that planned to war OOP but find themselves with a dwarf/sheperd who doesn't communicate and explored up to the limit ? He's been getting free income all the time (and the game did run for many hours before being stopped again) and no one was able to hurt him. It's already hard work to get rid of such guys, but now it's just crazy. Maybe a super active kd can still manage rather quickly with bouncing 40+ attacks on him per day, but otherwise it's going to really drag the kingdom down. In this situation a reset is the only way I can think of to make things fair for everyone. There's a lot more thats been unbalanced by this OOP so I really don't get why people argue against a reset, unless they are just trying to be the largest province on their island and happy that no one can touch them.
    Quote Originally Posted by :p
    The chance of needing 20 NBs to cure the plague is c. 1/470 trillion.
    Your logic is non existent, You should read more than one post.

Post Demon
    I'm not saying it's a perfect solution - I;m saying it was 6 hours out of a 15 week Age and people who think those 6 hours will have any significant effect on what happens 15 weeks down the line are seriously over-estimating the effect of 6 hours worth of exploring or dicing.

I m a DE, but not an exploring one. I came OOP 600 acres with a load of off specs to attack with and I'm still 600 acres and still have all thse off specs ready to attack.

So I gain no advantage from not resetting other than avoiding the feckin' boredem of going through even an hour of bloody protection again (still less the 12 hours or full 72 that many have suggested) just because a few provinces explored a few more acres than otherwise. As an attacker I used those 6 hours to train more troops so I didn't just sit around stagnant. Since no-one could attack then the targets that were there OOP will still be there when we login next except for a few lucky explorers who managed to train enough more defence...but then sensible attackers may well have used the time to train equivalently more offence.
    Last edited by pmyraje; 30-05-2010 at 14:45.

I would think that resetting would be easier on their end too, rather than try to track down all the effects of exploiting the bug.

Forum Addict
    ...but then sensible attackers may well have used the time to train equivalently more offence.
    But.. thats not the way it works if the kingdoms attackers are at 450 acres and the explorer at over 1600 acres. And if the attackers have war buildings while the explorer is just pumping with banks/mills/armouries/forts whatever. In this case its a bit more difficult, or isnt it ???

It may not affect the charts that much, but it definitely has the potential to f... up a kingdoms plans completely.

Stonedville (Wanna join us? #publicstoners)
    they listened to the community, age is beeing reset!

Thread Information