Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now you FORCE me to report bugs?

Veteran

Now you FORCE me to report bugs?

Thundergore

On a separate note, if you believe you have been incorrectly suspended please see this thread.

As title says: now you FORCE me to report bugs ? WTF is wrong with you.
    When I reported the magic bug 999 times the developers didnt even bother to answer a whole age, and no you force me to report a bug or else get suspended ???

F .... YOU !!! Wake up an see what are you doing !
    FLATLINERS TLG KLA

Post Fiend
    It's in that secret rulebook that they have that you can't read that they punish your for disobeying :)

no, you only need to report this one if you abused it. If you didn't then you dont need to do anything.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Agreed

I thought the exact same thing when I read that thread.
    A little rediculous. It's like getting kicked out of the bar for not telling them their keg is empty. WTF.

And bishop, the announcement said, anyone who used the bug will be suspended.
    Now, there was only 500 something uses of the bug, by just over 300 provinces. I would hazard a guess and say that many of those provinces used that bug only once. Simple mathematics.
    Is a one-time use considered an abuse? Sounds like it.
    Why is everyone being suspended? I'm not one of them but this is BS.
    Last edited by KaptainK; 31-05-2010 at 13:58.

because bug abusing is against the rules. Please explain why entering a negative number does not constitute trying to manipulate the game in a way not intended. No one has yet provided a satisfactory answer to this.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

You'd best suspend all the DE's out there then, the ones that attempt l&p and BB with no guilds, fail miserably, then reset their province (and their mana), then try again and again until they eventually succeed.

Bug? No.

Exploiting a loophole? Yes

Bishop, here's your answer. People were frustrated after 3 hours of not being able to attack/op/do anything, no admins or developers were around to suspend the game until FOUR hours from OOP. People got bored and amused themselves by seeing how much GC they could accumulate when it was obvious to ANYONE with even a modicum of intelligence that the game would be reset or rolled back. Obviously we over estimated the dev's ability to be able to roll back to one hour OOP.

It's not like you can hide 23 billion GC easily you know :)

Please explain to us how, after an age of working semi-proper, it all of a sudden doesn't? How after testing the didn't catch such a major and obvious flaw? Oh right, they don't test. So we are the testers, and if we don't report our test results, well god damn, you're fired.

Post Fiend
    Bishop, i actuallyonce wrote "alot" in the War Room army fields, but nothing happened when i pressed Prepare Military. I was not aware that i can write only numbers from 1 and above and nothing else or ill be deleted. Also, werent Brian and Sean these who asked us not to send mass reports for things which they actually know and which are already reported? Its funny, its like i read a 12 year old kid talking when i read BnS statements these days.

also Bishop, i asked you in another thread but u forgot to reply - will Brian and Sean APOLOGIZE for wasting our TIME and MONEY with their incompetence to code properly? As a player who actualy GAVE money to these students i REQUIRE atleast an APLOGIZE.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Please explain why entering a negative number does not constitute trying to manipulate the game in a way not intended. No one has yet provided a satisfactory answer to this.
    well, because it doesnt say anywhere that I should not. If I try to put in a negative number in thievery, it tells me not to. And I think I tried a negative number in military training page too, and it tells me not to. now, when I do it in the war room, it doesnt say anything and the attack is sent with a negative army. that is one of the stupidest mistakes a programmer can make. you always have to validate user entry. not to mention testing changes before releasing them to public...

but anyways, Im just saying. Im fine with having been suspended for not having reported the bug (even though thats pretty dumb too). Im starting to get used to OMAC BS

boredom or frustration is not an excuse for abusing a bug, this abuse made the situation worse. The developers have decided to suspend those that abused it. No-one forced you to abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivic View Post
    As a player who actualy GAVE money to these students i REQUIRE atleast an APLOGIZE.
    Oh you poor poor soul. They don't apologize. There should have been a "fail clause" attached to that dough.

Post Fiend
    ah, interesting vivic. where exactly did S&B say not to mass report things? cause thats why I didnt bother reporting. I knew it had already been reported. and it would prove quite nicely how they contradict themselves.

Post Fiend
    moe - when u click on report bug - it says 1) do not create multiple threads about 1 bug.
    and every not complete idiot would not post if the bug he had to report was already explained 100 times

---

and for you bishop. how come when the bug abuse is not that visible or only concerning a small player base (like when my kd was the only sage kd in top 100 and we got ****ed by amnesia bug the whole age in every hostile) your b&s chefs do nothing, but when even nubs as hallo see it and whine b&s react immediately.

edit: i do not say let those that gained 2.1bill gc get away with it. but either u punish everyone or none. and so far u only punish when it makes u look good to the crowd of ghey fanboys

i reported like 25 bugs in alpha testing
    i reported several severe bugs during the first ages
    and what ? no reply. why should anyone even both reporting. the ambush bug still exists, the LL from fw bug still exists. it took u two ages to fix the amnesia bug (if at all. most likley it still exists). and so on and so on.

so maybe u should a) deal with all bugs and bug abusers the same way - or b) do not suddenly have ridiculous demands like posting in a 200 post thread about sth that was already mentioned 40 times. in every other forum u would be called captain obvious and get a rock as reward
    Last edited by mod[tiv]; 31-05-2010 at 15:12.

Post Fiend
    haha, you owned Bishop there. and theres another thread where someone said that the report bug feature was NOT FUNCTIONING during the first 2 hours OOP.

Multiple threads, yes - says nothing about not reporting it. It also doesn't say "if you abuse this bug for lols then it is ok".

again, no-one forced you to abuse this bug and keep quiet that you did so - you have yourselves to blame.

Thread Information