Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks mods... driving me away

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks mods... driving me away

So, apparently, my suspended province is ticking, and this is not a bug.
    I read about the bug in the forums, tested it out a couple times, laughed, did not report it in the forums because my understanding of the forum rules was not to flood the forum with the same bug over and over again. Meanwhile, I had tried to report a bunch of bugs in game (and could not, because that was bugged as well), so I sent an email, as per the information given us. My account is still suspended.

I played this game for six years, and came back because a friend asked me to. Apparently, I should not have. Not only does the coding suck, but management of the player base sucks as well.

You've been made into an example.
    This pleases Sean and Brian.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Yeah, that would pretty much be my point. Making examples of players is a great way to not have players in the near future.

well spoken. but omac does not understand this at all...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Fiend
    indeed. cause ppl have been abusing bugs since these guys took over. and they havent disappointed in one thing: many bugs! but now they felt is the right time to set an example like in the middle ages. and all bug abuses from the last 2 ages are forgotten (like ambush bug, amnesia bug...)

right, cos you perceive them as not having enforced the rules before (despite controversy on these same forums about ambush bug deletions) that means they cant enforce the rules ever?

vt2: you used to be so anti-cheaters, changed your tune a lot lately. why is that?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    right, cos you perceive them as not having enforced the rules before (despite controversy on these same forums about ambush bug deletions) that means they cant enforce the rules ever?

vt2: you used to be so anti-cheaters, changed your tune a lot lately. why is that?
    I'm also wildly anti-cheating. But this is a joke and far too random a matter to punish on. Hence a lot of resentful players. If this was top players abusing poor coding or really trying to get an advantage, that's one thing. But it isn't. Thus the ill-will.
    Honestly, the devs would have got more respect if they'd posted 'We're pissed. So take this, those of you that have pissed us off'. That would have been Mehul like. But to say 'It's a punishment for cheating' is ridiculous imo.

Bishop, i am anti-cheater also. You and the devs should learn to listen to its players instead.

Hows Rapture? Players in bad mojo there also.. lol

And you talking about cheating.. cmon now...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Bishop Bishop... plz tell us whats on your mind, not the mind that got brainwashed.

I know only nubs say we are cheaters. you cant beleive in this. Everyone acted out of the beleif to have a game-reset. Of course they did.

I am sure every KD that has irc activity can post loggfiles of almost every single playing laughing about it and saying it.

You are so wrong to punish the players for this... the devs are incompetent and i beleive you are also Bishop if you agree with the devs.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Enthusiast
    I think they should stop calling it cheating. This was punishment for vandalism. You guys aren't cheaters you guys are vandals that abused a bug for the "lulz" and now you don't find it so funny when there are repercussions for your irresponsible behavior.

This culture of not taking responsibility for any misdeed seriously annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by lichemaster View Post
    I think they should stop calling it cheating. This was punishment for vandalism. You guys aren't cheaters you guys are vandals that abused a bug for the "lulz" and now you don't find it so funny when there are repercussions for your irresponsible behavior.

Perfectly said lichemaster....
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

They simply dont care. They being the developers. They haven't even acknowledged yet that the age was a bust before this happened and using the bug exploiters as an escape goat to send you all through protection again, cause their to stupid to set a back up a few ours before oop.

Veteran
    1. thanks for suspeding my forum acount. I will give u a reason to suspend it even longer soon :))))

2. I argued so many ppl because I was and am anti-cheating, thing is.. same as VT2, I dont consider this cheating. The game was not working when we got OOP, when it worked a bit it was full of bugs, you couldn't do anything properly (attack, op, etc). Abusing a bug within a totaly broken game is not cheating to me.
    The age should have been reset EVEN IF ppl didnt abuse this particular bug, the other bugs where MORE than enough for a reset.

That's my opinion ! ( I know you Bishop have another and you will suspend my forum acount for that).
    FLATLINERS TLG KLA

Veteran
    One last question for Bishop: I want to punish cheaters... but instead of deleting them you are interfeering with ingame play. How can you force ppl that DID NOTHING against the rules to have this advantage over other provinces? Some people want a real competition !

Explain this !
    FLATLINERS TLG KLA

Quote Originally Posted by lichemaster View Post

this. Granted, it wasn't right of the devs/management to not have tested the game beforehand and to let major bugs like this run amuck.. but no one who used the bug to gain millions+billions of gc for "lulz" is justified in their behavior either. When you signed up for Utopia, you agreed to a ToS that specifically stated that bug exploitation was not allowed. I don't know why any of you are *****ing when you checked that "agree" box when you created your account.

So don't act like you're completely not at fault. The devs may have crappy programming skills and they may neglect to test the game, and these may be the ultimate reasons to the game's failure over the years under their management, but it doesn't change the fact that what you did was wrong and that they felt the need to let you know through some form of action. Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't you learn this in like, elementary school?

Also, if you're leaving the game, why don't you leave quietly and stop *****ing? Send a personal e-mail to S+B, get the ones in your kd/close friends to quit and move to bf or something where you can play bug-free, and don't show up on the forums again. I think the devs will get the point. We don't need to see your bawwing on the forums. I mean seriously, what are you guys.. like 10? Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Thread Information