Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks mods... driving me away

Thanks mods... driving me away

So, apparently, my suspended province is ticking, and this is not a bug.
    I read about the bug in the forums, tested it out a couple times, laughed, did not report it in the forums because my understanding of the forum rules was not to flood the forum with the same bug over and over again. Meanwhile, I had tried to report a bunch of bugs in game (and could not, because that was bugged as well), so I sent an email, as per the information given us. My account is still suspended.

I played this game for six years, and came back because a friend asked me to. Apparently, I should not have. Not only does the coding suck, but management of the player base sucks as well.

You've been made into an example.
    This pleases Sean and Brian.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Yeah, that would pretty much be my point. Making examples of players is a great way to not have players in the near future.

well spoken. but omac does not understand this at all...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Fiend
    indeed. cause ppl have been abusing bugs since these guys took over. and they havent disappointed in one thing: many bugs! but now they felt is the right time to set an example like in the middle ages. and all bug abuses from the last 2 ages are forgotten (like ambush bug, amnesia bug...)

right, cos you perceive them as not having enforced the rules before (despite controversy on these same forums about ambush bug deletions) that means they cant enforce the rules ever?

vt2: you used to be so anti-cheaters, changed your tune a lot lately. why is that?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Bishop, i am anti-cheater also. You and the devs should learn to listen to its players instead.

Hows Rapture? Players in bad mojo there also.. lol

And you talking about cheating.. cmon now...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    right, cos you perceive them as not having enforced the rules before (despite controversy on these same forums about ambush bug deletions) that means they cant enforce the rules ever?

vt2: you used to be so anti-cheaters, changed your tune a lot lately. why is that?
    I'm also wildly anti-cheating. But this is a joke and far too random a matter to punish on. Hence a lot of resentful players. If this was top players abusing poor coding or really trying to get an advantage, that's one thing. But it isn't. Thus the ill-will.
    Honestly, the devs would have got more respect if they'd posted 'We're pissed. So take this, those of you that have pissed us off'. That would have been Mehul like. But to say 'It's a punishment for cheating' is ridiculous imo.

Bishop Bishop... plz tell us whats on your mind, not the mind that got brainwashed.

I know only nubs say we are cheaters. you cant beleive in this. Everyone acted out of the beleif to have a game-reset. Of course they did.

I am sure every KD that has irc activity can post loggfiles of almost every single playing laughing about it and saying it.

You are so wrong to punish the players for this... the devs are incompetent and i beleive you are also Bishop if you agree with the devs.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Enthusiast
    I think they should stop calling it cheating. This was punishment for vandalism. You guys aren't cheaters you guys are vandals that abused a bug for the "lulz" and now you don't find it so funny when there are repercussions for your irresponsible behavior.

This culture of not taking responsibility for any misdeed seriously annoys me.

You and the devs should learn to listen to its players instead.
    But which players should they listen to then? Its not like the community has one voice, there is thousands of them and everyone screams a different thing.

But to say 'It's a punishment for cheating' is ridiculous imo.
    Exploiting a bug is cheating or do you disagree, you feel it okey to exploit bugs then not get punished for it?

I am sure every KD that has irc activity can post loggfiles of almost every single playing laughing about it and saying it.
    I laughed at it, but i certainly didnt try it out cause i figured something would happend and its better off not too.

You are so wrong to punish the players for this...
    They did something wrong, usually a punishment is what occurs next.

Quote Originally Posted by korp View Post
    but which players should they listen to then? Its not like the community has one voice, there is thousands of them and everyone screams a different thing.

Exploiting a bug is cheating or do you disagree, you feel it okey to exploit bugs then not get punished for it?
    I laughed at it, but i certainly didnt try it out cause i figured something would happend and its better off not too.
    They did something wrong, usually a punishment is what occurs next.
    qft!!!
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Veteran
    I'm honestly puzzled while half of the users in tis forum all of a sudden joined the Omac/Jolt/Ninja Dev fanclub. There have been plenty of MESSups by the management of this game, but now all of a sudden it's believed that this age's broken OOP is to blame on "cheaters". With all the nice rhetoric that "Cheaters should be banned, once a cheater always a cheater". I just can't wrap my head around how anyone can think that, given the situation, the provinces that send out negative troops tried to cheat or abuse or whatever.

The way I see it, the game was broken at OOP, nothing worked. It's up to the devs to provide a working game. Now when the game was broken, people tried to see how broken, it's something that is to be expected (it's one of the reasons webdevelopment can be a pain, you always have to code from the assumption that your code will be "abused"). How is it possible that due to some convoluted logic, now the players that were confronted with this broken game are to blame and/or considered cheating for not playing the broken game (and instead just seeing how much it was broken)?!

I also think the reason "only" 230 provinces tried isn't that all others didn't want to be "cheaters", sure that goes for some, but it's much more because a large part of the server didn't know. It's not for nothing that top kingdoms with active players are the ones caught.

What I also don't understand how it is in anyway reasonable to just let the suspended provinces tick, giving them a really fun OOP with no army at all and vultures waiting.

I've read a lot of post comparing the situation to real life examples, (robbing an unlocked fold) or even topics acting like the devs are judges in a court, were people plead "can not be proven guilty of abusing the negtive army bug". Well, this game is not real life, so IMHO that makes all comparisins to real life weak at best.

A half year ago, I was hugely frustrated by this games management for ignoring the community, this time this sudden surge of "rightfulness" (or is it secretly enjoying the uproar, putting a little fire on it, and reaping the benefits in the form of 230 farms to prey on) makes me frustrated just as much. I was under the impression these forums were to discuss the game, but it seems to some the forums are the game. It's a shame because the forums were getting clean again, sadly it seems the mods are a little unsure how to handle this current forum-fight, letting the pro-omac/jolt/ninja dev and anti cheating trolls roam freely)

So yeah, i feel i'm driven away once again, this time both from the forums and the game, i'll be back next month ;)
    Last edited by Zistia; 02-06-2010 at 16:10. Reason: Watch your language, please, there are parents watching.

Quote Originally Posted by lichemaster View Post
    I think they should stop calling it cheating. This was punishment for vandalism. You guys aren't cheaters you guys are vandals that abused a bug for the "lulz" and now you don't find it so funny when there are repercussions for your irresponsible behavior.

This culture of not taking responsibility for any misdeed seriously annoys me.
    Perfectly said lichemaster....
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

They simply dont care. They being the developers. They haven't even acknowledged yet that the age was a bust before this happened and using the bug exploiters as an escape goat to send you all through protection again, cause their to stupid to set a back up a few ours before oop.

Thread Information