Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gnome sage Q: how do I turn weaksauce into not so weaksauce?

Post Fiend
    I know if i had a pumped gnome, i would be better than a pumped human or dwarf
    the only ones that scare me are avians and orcs, thats because of gains, something i cant make up for even with 20% GS and full military science

fog might be a problem, but then again, i only need to attack twice a day not 3 uniques a day like the avians in my team (we just had a war, a couple of them managed this) :)

my gnome is a A/M/t
    was doing a good job of attacking twice a day and doing mage ops as well as some thievery
    chastity is pretty good after a few fb and having to focus only on one province :) also i dont have a problem casting 4 times a day, so how would you defend against thievery and mage ops? without pop growth and without receiving aid

the biggest problem for me, i am not allowed to focus on one province, i have to help out team, and most kingdomes we war are organized so provinces sometimes get aid and try to bring me down :( (try hehe)

i aint saying im great in thievery, sure i fail a couple of times when it isnt info ops, but using the intel i get from you i can devised the best way to bring you down
    besides, the only ones i have problems with breaking are TMs, but if you have a TM like mage and thievery defense and offense, then i and any attacker wouldnt be a match for you, if you did have that, i wonder how well your military is as well as your nw :)
    if you ever war me, youll find out how troublesome all those questions are

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Yes, because making it so you can't use the one thing that made you pick your race in the first place is a 'waste.'
    And since everybody has a million thieves this age, watchtowers are a really, really, really big waste of space - I completely agree.

Your avians won't like hitting into my fog.
    fog is a none issue, work out attack times and get back to me - then consider that all i need to do is MV.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    fog is a none issue, work out attack times and get back to me - then consider that all i need to do is MV.
    fog pawned. rofl.

well i ve had my first war and I went with Doom's a/t/M build as too much atacking really kills of your army quick. i went with smaller attacks after the chains. also i held to 2 provs at less than 2k pezzies for about 6 days of war (one of which actually stopped being monarch) and it seems a prov is somewhat hampered with 50-60% BE and almost no income.
    now that im at 500+bpa it seems librairies become an option. and my offences which was opulant looking at almost full leets makes for a nice deterrent to wouldbe attackers.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by knark555 View Post
    now that im at 500+bpa it seems librairies become an option.
    Wrong. I would suggest doubling that bpa before you bring in libs.

In the ghetto, 500 BPA is more than enough to warrant libraries.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Demon
    Why wouldn't it warrant libs in a strong kingdom as well? Seems like a top kingdom would get better use from the libs than a getto - as a top kingdom should know how to tune a build better and play to their strengths. Am I missing some unintended consequence of chains+libs... or am I assigning too much thought to your statement?

And yes, for Sage 500 bpa is exactly when to start bringing in some libs. Personal preference as to how many exactly you want to run - the more BE type buildings you have the more the libs help. I'm at 7.5% on about 600 bpa... but I am aggressive with my libs use, others may not wish to be as aggressive.

Until someone else decides to run their own sim to confirm, refine, or dispute my results, my rule of thumb is probably going to hold up. For Sage (with +30% sci), X% libs at X*100 BPA.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

so what kindoff science should i aim for as i just passed the 1 mill books barrier

current science key:
    A T H F M C M
    2 1 4 .7.3 1 2

well im now at 25% alchemy 17% pop and magic is around 100% (this is with 7% librairies actually) though i will pump magic and/or crime more before and in war. im not sure about tools though forts, Td's maybe some rax dont seem to warrant any significant tools pump

also im looking at more homes than 10% and i will probly extend my intel gathering duties as to be abled to lose some TD's . still i can be nice to dish out riots or bribed generals when needed.and when honor whoring td's are probably a must. though the mod tpa is easily gained by big raw numbers and science. so that's my new dilemma.

i ran% [] i'll run% []
    -------V---------V
    Homes-10% to--17% my housing will be 20% so homes needed to sustain copious amounts of cheap gnomes

Farms---6% to---5% maybe even less as i can pump my food up at will now at 80% though

Banks---10% to---0% as it is i can run 55% draft 150-200% wages and still science active though

Guilds---20% to--20% contrary to popular belief Chastity is a ***** with lots of 7 days of vows in the last war

Towers-10% to---8% magic science will be atleast 100% and probbaly more giving ample runes and mod WPA of 5+ easy

Forts----16% to--20% if run higher i might drop of some more wages so i aim for UB

TD's-----10% to--10% just a little bit less losses and small increase in mod TPA well beyond 10

Stables--7% to---4% for a small offence in a pince

rax------7% to---5% "

dung----2% to---1% "

librairies--0% to--10% at 2 bpa/tick i figure 24*2*7=336 bpa/week ; one week pump i'll be at 1000 bpa which warrants libs
    Last edited by knark555; 06-07-2010 at 13:05.

Thread Information