Thread: Returning old time player looking for Strategies..

Returning old time player looking for Strategies..

Hi. I used to play Utopia a couple of years ago, about age 13-17 and a short while at age 20+.

Just learnt that now we're able to play with friends through invite so asking some old friends if they would like to play again.

I've found a lot have changed and am a little lost. So I am looking for strategies/builts. Utopiatemple used to be very packed with the strats but I found only 1 or 2. Here, I also found a handful of brief guides.

I wonder if there is somewhere that I am missing out where the strategies and guides are mainly post at? Any links and advices are welcomed. Thank you very much.

see below
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

There are not much guides left. With only 6k players left in the game, it's not really in the interest of many to write guides. The best way to learn quickly is to ask a kingdom mate to teach you. Otherwise, you can ask in these boards here. As long as the questions are specific, you are fairly certain to obtain a reply.

Post Fiend
    Well i can help explain anythingyou want, but you will have to be more specific what are you having problems with?

just a heads up, its nw based gains not acre based gains (meaning having all elites isnt better than having mix with specs)
    info ops, such as cbs, soms (elites out is correct 100% fro everyone) arent 100% accurate unless your a gnome.

easiest race are avians and DE
    if your worried about cbs, then go halflings or gnome

Thanks for warm welcome.

Yea. I noticed a plunge in the popularity of the game. Maybe there are too many free mmorpgs out there, lol. Or is there another webbased game that has overtaken Utopia? I actually played Dominion for 1 week before finding it less exciting than Utopia, but I can't confirm that since it has become less active here.

I wonder if there will come a point in time where science pump is necessary like last time, I vaguely remember it is done about 1-2k acres.

I am a bit confused when I read the specs vs elites part. SOMs shows elite all out? And the use of Ambush against these units?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by evokeD; 15-06-2010 at 09:45.

Sci pumps arent as necessary as they were in the past as you can continuously draft science (moreso with sage) throughout the age. You can still benefit from a dedicated build to pump sci using banks and schools of course, but you wont ruin your age if you do not pump and instead do a few learns.

The values for armies out in a SoM are correct, yes.

Ambush guide (player written) is here http://www.wiki.utopia-game.com/inde...t_What_to_Send
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information