Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another KD bites the dust

blah
    Last edited by oCtodur; 24-06-2010 at 16:39. Reason: .....

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    or you could simply tell the support team about your situation. not that difficult.
    WTF do you think we did? All we get are automated messages about how 'suspicious activity' without specifying anything further. Now I try to bring my situation to the attention of the community and just get talked down to by a guy who has no real information.

Or are you suggesting we tell support about every time we go on vacation, log in in a web cafe, log in from work, log in from our phones, etc?

If the crawlers detect 'suspicious activity,' your cheating was really flawed.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    wrong, they werent whitelisted - you need to apply this age,not the one 8 years ago.
    Three points, one referring to the above, the others to obvious flaws in your otherwise brilliant plans:

1. You are claiming players now have to reapply for the whitelist every age?! Sorry, that's just ludicrous. For years, you've been able to maintain whitelists across ages. Why on earth would this have changed suddenly?!

2. I should not have to email you my friggin itinerary every time I travel internationally or interstate. That is too much to ask. Hell, even logging in from a wi-fi cafe is a huge risk under your current system, in case some player I don't even know logs from there.

3. Evidence provided after the event is still evidence. There have been countless changes to your system, not all of which every player is going to be aware of, and errors on your part do still happen. If they can provide solid evidence of an error on your part in deleting them, it is reasonable to expect they be reinstated without excessive grief from your end. That is called "customer service".

Why is it so much to ask that you re-apply for amnesty every age?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Shaman5 -
    1: not every age - this age since the cheating detection system is new and not all the old whitelist was able to be re-integrated. It been announced like 3 times already i think.
    2: If you normally log in from NA and next thing you log in from France then yes Shaman5 - a clever thing to avoid hassle would be to contact support.
    3: read the last line/s in thundergores announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    WTF do you think we did? All we get are automated messages about how 'suspicious activity' without specifying anything further. Now I try to bring my situation to the attention of the community and just get talked down to by a guy who has no real information.

Or are you suggesting we tell support about every time we go on vacation, log in in a web cafe, log in from work, log in from our phones, etc?
    I'm not talking down, i am explaining what you need to do, if you want to ignore my advice thats fine.
    Last edited by Bishop; 24-06-2010 at 22:31.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Bishop, why the hell should I have to tell you guys when I go on a holiday or business trip? It's none of your business, and frankly there are occasions where you genuinely have no right to know when or where I'm traveling for my work beyond what my IP might tell you.

I play the game because I enjoy it. Not because I want to give you the rights to play "Big Brother" on me. If I travel, that's my affair. And if I get wrongly deleted for it because of it, you can bloody bet I will raise merry hell about it.

You need to allow in your detection systems that people DO TRAVEL AND HAVE A RIGHT TO DO SO WITHOUT HAVING TO ALERT YOU OF IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman5 View Post
    If I travel, that's my affair. And if I get wrongly deleted for it because of it, you can bloody bet I will raise merry hell about it.
    You need to allow in your detection systems that people DO TRAVEL AND HAVE A RIGHT TO DO SO WITHOUT HAVING TO ALERT YOU OF IT!!
    Well, we are going back to the root issue of all this games.

Are this games public property?
    Nope.
    Do this games have an owner?
    Yeap.
    Do this games respct law in their country?
    Yeap.
    Can this privately owned games developers make their own laws regarding who can or can't play them?
    Yeap.
    Can this privately owned games' watchers/police/mods/devs delete your account if you don't obey their law on their property?
    Yeap.

Then what you say is absolutely futile, and you should be glad you are not banned because you question their law. Because they are allowed to ban/suspend/delete you WHENEVER THEY WANT, FOR WHAT REASON THEY CHOOSE.
    It is their game, if they tell you that, if you want to play, you have to play standing on your head, then, if you want to play, you MUST STAND ON YOUR HEAD. Otherwise there are two options:
    1) They can raise the hammer. Whichever hammer you think of right now.
    2) You can choose to stop playing because you don't like playing while standing on your head.

Nobody said it is fair or just. But THEY CAN DO IT. And crying about it is useless.
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

The war on terror shall continue until the terrorists are all dead (at which point a bunch more players will be declared terrorists to keep the war business running)! Hail to the chief!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop
    You need to look at it from their point of view. This game has a horrible rep for cheating - if you are logging in the same place as a kdmate how else do you expect to be treated? If you suddenly log in from the other side of the world then yes, you should expect to be considered a cheater.
    You need to look at it from the player's point of view. This game has a horrible rep for mismanagement since it was sold 2 years ago. If you repeatedly delete innocent players and verbally abuse them, how do you expect to be treated? If flawed management continues to bumble through one embarrassing mistake after another then yes, you should expect to be considered incompetent.

That said, this is all good news. The sooner management realizes they can't turn this around, the sooner they'll close it down and set the community free to look for alternatives, possibly before everybody has left. Maybe they'll manage to drop the count below 6000 from deletions alone if they try hard :)

As for trolling, I find it interesting that the definition has changed from "stirring trouble with other posters" to "saying things that make the management look bad". Was the Patriot Act the main source of inspiration?

On a related note, it's good to see VT2 and Bishop teaming up. We seem to have located a new Axis of Evil.
    Last edited by Catwalk; 27-06-2010 at 09:59.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

We're gonna fight terror with terror.
    This is only just the beginning.

Our plan is to unleash a shock and awe-campaign. Once we have the terrorists at our mercy, we will move in swiftly, and any who stand in our way will be destroyed.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame o- shame fo- can't fool me again.
    Last edited by VT2; 27-06-2010 at 12:08.

Admit it VTnub, you're a (semi) useful tool for the establishment now.

You got the quote wrong:
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Stewart
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 8 times, am I a f**king idiot?!
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...=synd_facebook
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

I just love seeing people get deleted.
    Of course, it's a given they'll replace the real cheaters with pretend-cheaters, just so they have someone to delete, and pin the blame on.

In fact, they already did this.
    'Abusing' petty bugs, or bugs that are obvious, and will lead to resets because they're that horrible, means you get smacked with three days of lock-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman5 View Post
    Bishop, why the hell should I have to tell you guys when I go on a holiday or business trip? It's none of your business, and frankly there are occasions where you genuinely have no right to know when or where I'm traveling for my work beyond what my IP might tell you.

I play the game because I enjoy it. Not because I want to give you the rights to play "Big Brother" on me. If I travel, that's my affair. And if I get wrongly deleted for it because of it, you can bloody bet I will raise merry hell about it.

Their game, their rules, by creating an account, you choose to abide by those rules. Do I care, no not really. (shrugs)
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Enthusiast
    Actually Bishop we were just told we suffered one of our deletions because a guy went from europe to china on business. He had to show a plane ticket and still thundergore said it was too late to reinstate his province. One would think a competent programmer would put something in the deletion system that lets him bring innocent players back, but instead we have to throw away a valuable move code. Essentially, it seems like omac wants everyone to notify OMAC every time they log in from somewhere other than their homes.

Question to all: Is there anything the programmers have done to 'improve' the game that doesn't make it worse?

for the record - i am going to nyc soon -- so what starbucks should I avoid? dont want to get anyone deleted --
    I have written support about my traveling a few times times - support has never responded to that or to the fact that i have brothers and people living in the same cities playing in my kd even though they wrote omac ---

so yeah since they dont reply - should I also send in plane tickets before I go?

Thread Information