Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Another KD bites the dust

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    how would most people know that a kdmate logs in from the same place as them - is that what you are asking?
    Absolutely. There are only like 3-4 Starbucks within walking distance from my apartment, how am I supposed to know which one they go to for coffee? How can I be expected to know if they are going for lunch at Shake Shack and use the wifi in the park?

If I was not such a vigilant social networker (read: talk way too much), it wouldn't be unreasonable not to know that my kdmates and I don't live so close to each other. As it is, I expect Big and Stormi2ider have no clue that they will go to school and work about a block away from each other.
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

This may come as a shock to you, but so far, I've not heard of any real players, who only play their one account, getting deleted for anything.

Maybe you all shouldn't have gotten so used to breaking the rules.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

therock: a net cafe should be fine - i mean, what are the chances of a Uto player (of which there are 7k out of what, 6 billion?) interacting with another uto player at that same cafe?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    This is all starting to annoy me, Bishop.

I play on a wireless 3G/4G network that (apparently) assigns IP addy's anew each time I log on, and often switches from one to the other in mid-session due to signal issues.

SO am I gonna be in trouble with that?
    Alas, poor Utopia! For 10 years I knew ye well.

Postaholic
    therock: a net cafe should be fine - i mean, what are the chances of a Uto player (of which there are 7k out of what, 6 billion?) interacting with another uto player at that same cafe?
    it could happen, there were around i dunno 10 players in the college i was at, and by chance i ended up in a kingdom with 2 of them, i didnt know them and never met or talked to them before that, but we ended up in the same kingdom for a point and only found out after

Quote Originally Posted by WolfysBack View Post
    This is all starting to annoy me, Bishop.

I play on a wireless 3G/4G network that (apparently) assigns IP addy's anew each time I log on, and often switches from one to the other in mid-session due to signal issues.

SO am I gonna be in trouble with that?

as i've already said, not unless you interact with someone on that IP in a suspicious manner.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

2. I should not have to email you my friggin itinerary every time I travel internationally or interstate. That is too much to ask. Hell, even logging in from a wi-fi cafe is a huge risk under your current system, in case some player I don't even know logs from there.
    What I haven't seen mentioned and will also probably result in many more un-deserved deletions is changing IPs. Many people have ISP providers who use dynamic IP addresses, myself included, do the morons who came up with this plan need to know about that as well? Are these people conjsciously TRYING to kill this game completely? Because that will be the end result. I do cheater searching on another site, and the majority of players there do not have static IPs, I assume the same is true here and if simply logging in from a different IP is considered "suspicious" then I forsee about 75% of utopia being deleted within the next couple of months.

same thing applies Zermoid - its the interaction that is investigated. A legitimate player will not have issues. Obviously dynamic IPs are not new. Logging in from another IP is not usually suspicious by itself.

Forum Addict
    As I explained to you on IRC, when two Utopians on opposite sides of an alliance war (TheRock and PhiWha) are in the same office building, or three Utopians live/work/study within a five block radius (TheRock, Big and Stormi2ider), it's certainly not unreasonable to have it happen once or twice.

People also travel and log on at airports. If any Utopians are flying through London, they'll probably use Heathrow's wifi. Does that mean any two players who happen to go on Heathrow's wifi get banned if they hit each other?

Like I said on IRC, I'm fine with there being issues, I appreciate that you guys are making a good-faith effort to clean up the game, but if there's no real appeals process, and nobody has shown or said anything to me beyond "email support and get the boilerplate response with no real request or standard for proof of innocence", then it's not a good system.

I know of two other players who are friends in real life. They play in the same kd. One player visited the other (they live very close) and logged on to his account there. Frozen. Yes, he's probably innocent, but there's basically no shot at proving that. I think we can all agree that the players have no hope of getting the prov back. It's when there are longer stories and legitimate issues that are being ignored, that can be proven but aren't getting the opportunity to do so, that I take issue with, especially because I recognize that I am likely in the line of fire here.
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

You ever played any random, korean, 'free' MMO?
    They all have the same rules as OMACtopia. Most games do, actually.

Since you all now know for a fact that you can't share IP's, why is it so hard for you to stop doing it?
    It's not the game that needs to change, but your supposed 1337 style of play.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Enthusiast
    There are lots of scripts? im not seeing that myself, game numbers seem to be pretty constant.
    Exactly.

Veteran
    same thing applies Zermoid - its the interaction that is investigated. A legitimate player will not have issues. Obviously dynamic IPs are not new. Logging in from another IP is not usually suspicious by itself.
    Nice to know that it's not an issue, yet I know of at least 1 deletion that happened because of '14 IPs in the manner of 2 weeks' for a legitimate, non-cheating player with seemingly no chance of account restoration. Not only that, the player recently bought $20 of sitting credits which is much more valuable than being reinstated into the game.

no meeni -you heard that dudes side, not supports side. i suspect its a lot different.

Veteran
    I do admit it's something that could've been mentioned to admins earlier, I believe he mentioned that his workplace has some special setup that probably raised some flags. Still, even if the province is deleted what happens with the newly bought credits, and the account, and banned IPs?

Enthusiast
    I sometimes change IPs very frequently, like every hour, to get around Megavideo time restrictions. Obviously I also login to utopia every hour.
    So I've gone trough 14 IPs, or more, not in a week but (watching full seasons) in a day.
    Never had any problems so I am calling bull**** on that one Meeni.

Thread Information