Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Pimp - unable to load!

Utopia Pimp - unable to load!

Since I couldn't access the site, I think the next best place to ask is here.

I can't access the pimp site. I was able to get to the site and sign up an account about 3-4 days ago before it went down. After it is up again, some people are able to surf but I couldn't. I can't even load the homepage.

Here is the error I encountered:

Request timed out.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

I tried using some surf anonymously sites, with that, I managed to access the site, but couldn't log into pimp account.

Wonder if there is anything I can do to solve it?

Thanks!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    People are still trying to use Pimp?

Does yna still have her intel site?

It's probably invite-only now.

Pimp hasn't worked once the entire age, and all we get is complaints that it's the users breaking the 'database,' or how he 'doesn't have time for a side-project that doesn't bring in any money.'

OMAC should hire him.
    He'd fit right in.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

lol vt2... so right

we've had semi-luck with using pimp. and i prefer it because yna's product doesn't track ops. and it's too hard to track ops in the forums
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

We don't use anything currently, except the forums. It's gone kinda well so far.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

since the forums don't display the current date, it's nearly impossible to track them that way imo. that would be quite helpful (as i've suggested)
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Luth... the forums display the current date... they don't display the TIME but that is very easy for anyone to include in messages that require them.
    Just say "yes" and I'll go away.

Hallo, darling, no they do not. they display the date the post was made, but the current date is displayed nowhere in the forums, and it should be.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Nope still can't get in.

Is the current date at Province details? "as at ..."

Can't even get into site.

The old pimp was a work of art. The horses were always there beside the enemy showing return times, ops were clearly shown, there was an email to you to say your password in case you forgot, it didn't cut off the export lines in sot & som, it was always up & it didn't have mandatory columns to confuse the hel out of new to pimp people. It was possible to get a simple answer from the creator direct by email. Old people who had left didn't turn up under pimp codes which they shouldn't cuz it should go by kingdom page & they're not there.

Having a horrible time getting people into pimp & every negative response makes it worse. Got guy who can't join. Can't give him a new code cuz it only recognizes guy's who've joined. One guy said first that it crashed his computer & then that it crashed his browser. I find this extremely hard to believe especially since he's lazy and hordes his resources but can't dispute him cuz I have no proof. Would like an answer to this one. Is it possible the pimp site with no downloads can do this?

It's possible to have great ideas but sometimes simple is best. Great can unnecessarily complicate an easy concept.

Why not get the original template from Molesquirrel and start over from scratch?
    Never satisfied

Cannot login into utopiapimp.com as well, but (for whatever reason) the alternative site utopiashrimp.com seemes to work.... at least for me.

So... you want "as of March 11 of YR4 (next tick: 9 minutes)" on the forums....
    I'm not sure where they'd put it but... I guess they could do that.... really might as well add it to the info bar (red bar) so that it's on all pages.

@Bete Noire
    The Export Line error only occurs when you tell Angel not to post export lines... or if you post intel directly into pimp. Or it might have been something else... but I remember it was an easily fixed angel setting.
    Just say "yes" and I'll go away.

Hallo, ugh...

the current utopian date should be displayed at the top of the forum. on the list page and when you're inside threads. how hard is that? it was in mehul's code... and he didn't know what he was doing...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    it was in mehul's code... and he didn't know what he was doing...
    False

i should have put it in quotes... "he didn't know what he was doing" (according to some)
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Thread Information