Thread: Boards irregularity

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar

Boards irregularity

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthr...2#post15041552

The blue is quite calming, but I don't like the glare of the white...

and when the surrounding blue and white page mixes with the normal black and yellow with white text within the post window - truly terrible.

Will update the thread above as we learn more.

Can we keep it as blue? Change all the yellow to blue instead, and have a slight tinge of gray to replace the white. This will tone down the glare. This is pretty nice. :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, but did you try giving the boards some Activia?

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Scythe View Post
    Can we keep it as blue? Change all the yellow to blue instead, and have a slight tinge of gray to replace the white. This will tone down the glare. This is pretty nice. :)
    Bishop informed me about 'worksafe' mode. Which is the same thing but less ... 'mixed'. I'm on that now and feeling quite chilled after all the yellow and black. I miss the black though. /emo

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, but did you try giving the boards some Activia?
    You're probably on a different skin already Palem. It's just inexperienced and easily confused folks like me who are bewildered by the changing colours.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    nah, it just kicked in.

ewwy! Get it off!

I dislike Work Safe for the fact that the white is too glaring. A shade of gray would be better perhaps.

MY GOD, i shouldnt have pressed F5 and it would have lasted for awhile longer, this is horrible :<

A solution is being worked on as we speak. I agree Doom Scythe, the white is far too glaring. My goggles, they do nothing.

The white hurts me physically.
    I'll be back.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Enthusiast
    I can't even see quotes without selecting now, don't the people doing the themes test them first? This is ugly.

i can't read ****... this hurts my eyes terribly... fix it please before we all go snowblind...

EDIT: Default is the black with gold...but the gobsmacking artwork is back *blocks it with adblock*
    Last edited by Luth; 23-07-2010 at 00:52.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

NoobPirateGangsta
    Lord have mercy! They are breaking the forums too!

Like Luth's footer says, Jolt's motto: "If it ain't broke, let's screw it up"

LOL

However, I must say the look is much better. Just need better color scheme. So actually, decent job guys.

Worksafe - gives you the white and blue skin, harsh on the eyes.

Default - gives you the black and yellow skin, with artwork - I assume this is temporary.

Will poke and dig further.

Postaholic
    I actually like the worksafe one now, don't think its too harsh on the eyes...an alternative black background one wouldn't be too bad if it was done right though, but kept both

Thread Information