View Poll Results: Losing more honour from CF than war win

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absurd! honour loss during CF should be reduced!

6 66.67%
  • Absurd! honour gain from war win should be more!

2 22.22%
  • Fair! the honour loss during CF is to discourage kingdoms from staying in CF for too long

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Honour Loss During War

Angry Honour Loss During War

Okay, so my kingdom just finished a longer-than-a-week long war. It was intense, but we clearly destroyed them by the end, and finally secured the war win. Before the honour from the war win, I had "X" amount of honour. After the war win, I had X+40 honour. Afterthe first day of mandatory CF post-war win, I now have X-5 honour. Am I the only one who finds this totally absurd? (losing honour during CF after war) . I mean, I lost more honour from the CF then I gained from the war win!

/rant

Kingdoms should be allowed to use the full 48 hours post war protection without losing honor. For many wars, 48 hours isn't nearly enough to recover. Don't tempt kingdoms to cut it short to save honor.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    Kingdoms should be allowed to use the full 48 hours post war protection without losing honor. For many wars, 48 hours isn't nearly enough to recover. Don't tempt kingdoms to cut it short to save honor.
    Not trying to poke holes, but there are also many wars where 48 hours is more than enough. It all depends on what kind of kingdom you are in, and what wars are you engaged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Scythe View Post
    Not trying to poke holes, but there are also many wars where 48 hours is more than enough. It all depends on what kind of kingdom you are in, and what wars are you engaged in.
    Truesay, but even in some 72 hour wars, some provinces might need more than 24 hours to recover.
    And nevertheless, there is a MANDATORY 24 hour CF, and in that 24 hours, honor is lost regardless! I could understand if the honor lost was for the second, optional, 24 hour CF, but for the mandatory one? =/

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonspear View Post
    OAfterthe first day of mandatory CF post-war win, I now have X-5 honour.

/rant

-5 honor, so you are between 500 and 600 honor (1% honor loss). It's not like you are gonna lose honor bonusses that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Redmanwalking View Post
    -5 honor, so you are between 500 and 600 honor (1% honor loss). It's not like you are gonna lose honor bonusses that way...
    Please read more carefully before you post. I went from X+40 to X-5. And yes that 5 honour brought me under a certain threshold that made me lose 2k peasants =/
    Last edited by Moonspear; 25-07-2010 at 22:54. Reason: additional info

Postaholic
    ok, i understood it in a different way.

so you lost 45 honor in one day from marquis to count...
    vow, fantom, you're a honorwhore :p

but to answer your question. I don't think it's that odd. when you're protected by the CF after war, that's not very honorfull. It's like hiding from enemies
    Maybe they should give you the opportunity to not have a after war CF. But i doubt many KDs will use that...
    Last edited by Red; 25-07-2010 at 23:38.

*sigh* maybe I should have picked a more... different forum name ;p oh well...
    and its fathom, the measurement ;p
    also, its female: marchioness to countess

Hmm but in my case, the mandatory day of CF is taking a larger toll on honour than the honour gained from a war win (a very hard fought one mind you ;p)... I don't know... something just doesn't seem right with that... (yes, I'm pissed I have to wait until the next war to get marchioness again... if I don't get smashed oow in the meanwhile XD)

Postaholic
    It's annoying I know, guess we all have that sometimes...

But you probably gained a lot of honor during the war, so just be happy about that :o)
    Your opponent KD has only around 27k honor left. That's not much...

It seems you took a good part aswell and you're over average in your KD. It's normal you lose more than you gained with warwin

From what I see, you're the only one unscatched from the war. I take it that you're a t/m given the distribution of damage in your kingdom. May be you should consider it lucky to have the honour from war? :)

Hey, someone can be both grateful AND wanting at the same time ;D

We routinely have players drop honor bonus gained during war, during the post war CF. Form T/M provinces this is usually a permanent loss until another war. Since honor gain from out of war ops is essentially non-existant, the post war CF essentially determines what that T/M's starting honor will be for the next war. The real disadvantage to the T/M is that if they start a war already close to the next honor level and manage to gain the level back in the opening hours of the war, they suddenly find themselves far under pop cap with all the potential side-effects that can cause. Except now they are in a war, and what should be a welcome bonus can in fact become a critical penalty against them as their performance as a T/M is often far more dependent upon overall province economics than an attacker.

I can understand why the honor penalty was originally introduced, so that EOA wars could not be concluded and coast till the last tick secure in honor points for a kingdom without fear of outside attack. And maybe there should be an honor penalty during the last week of an age so that that indeed doesn't happen. But Having also just won a protracted war, where the end bonus was only 50 points, the CF honor Penalty took out far more than any of our provinces gained by winning. One way around this would be to make the war win honor bonus 1% more to account for the mandatory CF honor loss. Those kingdoms that won and are healthy can end the CF period with a net honor gain commiserate with their efforts. Those kingdoms that need the optional CF time, would leave with a net gain of zero%.

But as it stands right now, you win 1% honor with a win, yet lose 2% of your honor due to the inescapable mandatory CF. While attackers could conceivably make a single out of war attack and regain all the honor they lost, T/M provinces get stuck holding the bag with this current feature of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by redskullvw View Post
    One way around this would be to make the war win honor bonus 1% more to account for the mandatory CF honor loss. Those kingdoms that won and are healthy can end the CF period with a net honor gain commiserate with their efforts. Those kingdoms that need the optional CF time, would leave with a net gain of zero%.
    I like you =) Most of what you say is true, however I'd like to point out, if the defeated kingdom did get beat very hard, they might have substantially less honour overall compared to the winning kingdom. Therefore, 1% more honour from the losing kingdom would not fully compensate for 1% lost of the winning provinces (this would usually be the case). But the idea is good. Perhaps partially decreasing honour gained from losing kingdom, and adding a slight modifier to one's own honour? i.e. perhaps 2% from the losing kingdom, and your own honour is increased by 0.5%? Famous deeds by famous men result in bigger news than the same deed done by a lesser man (I think? Well, my opinion on history at least...)

Thread Information