Thread: Is PK still possible

Is PK still possible

I cae back to Utopia last age after a 4 year break. And a lot of what I used to do isn't working now. Could someone please help me?

I remember my old kd used to steal all of a guys gcs and chain him so he couldn't attack because he made no money. I understand people can get aid and still attack. But I havn't once seen a prov get crippled by way of old tactics.

Also, we used to FB a guy and kidnap him until we couldn't kill anymore pezzies. After we would full chain him and 90% of the time the overpop would collapse his prov. Is this even possible now?

If so, how is it done now?

Post Demon
    Raze attack no longer destroys land in wars, only buildings, so killing people is very unusual these days

Yes, it's still possible to PK provinces. I've seen a province with poor activity die because he ran out of peasants.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend
    Yes, you can still kill provs.

Reducing pezzies to 0 with fireballs, kidnapping, MS, storms, chastity, and overpop is still very possible. Obviously requires a great deal of organization though, and either be able to keep track of trends of when certain provs are online and offline.

Reducing land to 0 is also possible, but is far less likely to happen in war, unless you have a UB far out of range, or T/Ms. (Minimum gain on a TM in war is 5 acres IIRC)

There's no better KD bonding activity than pezkilling a prov :)

I figured it was still possible...it has to be lol. But beginning of this age we dropped a guys pezzies to 35 and kidnaps wouldn't take any more pezzies and the FBs killed 0. We had provs in his NW because they had been chained down. They couldn't even kill any pezzies. The guy still had a huge army that was out as he was turned into a suicider. We cast chastity on him for 7 hrs and made more hits. He wasn't overpoped by 15% but he had to be overpopped by at least 35! He went 5 hrs before logging and our gnome SoTed him and he still had 35 pezzies. Was very frustrating. If anything I just want to see it one last time.

last time I checked, trad march could go to 0 acres during war. The biggest problem with provkilling is the nw differences that come into play. If your kd has a few really small guys aswell, it might work, but it won't be easy to provkill someone for sure. Especially not if the player is active and not new to the game.

Thanks for the help guys. Sucks that you can't PK like before...

Hmmm tbh I like the fact you can't easily pk a prov. Cause somebody at what? Let's say 300 acres is pretty useless too, why destroy the fun of the game fun for someone to have him start all over again, especially when it's after mid-age.

We had a prov pk'ed by himself once tho, he forgot to turn of wizard drafting after being chained :p

Post Demon
    We don't really go out of our way to PK people. We're happy to just take them out of the war and have them watch on the sidelines.

I do recall us chaining some guy from 1750-1850 acres down to 150 acres in 1 hour fairly recently (it was the monarch and it was on the first hour of the war... poor bugger). I seem to recall that he didn't login for the first couple of hours after this and he didn't collapse (a fair number of his troops were retraining from NM mind you, but nowhere near proportional to the land he lost).

He didn't collapse, but he did lose like 75% of his nw.

Even if you don't PK someone, you may as well have for tactical superiority purposes when you chain them that hard.
    Last edited by Magn; 10-08-2010 at 05:02.

Forum Fanatic
    more fun and worse for them to leave them at 50 or 100 acres so they cant restart actually and come OOP in 3 days rebuilt

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Lol i rather have myself at 50 acres then restart... 50 acres can explore up very cheap and get super aided and then hit all the small inactives oow while I still have my sci and wizzies (at least some of them) :D

Thread Information