Thread: Is this bannable?

Is this bannable?

I seem to remember reading something that said two provinces running from the same IP will get banned? So does that mean if my brother starts to play utopia from our home computer then we will both get banned. I seem to remember this is why I quit utopia in the first place a few years ago. Will we get banned even if our two provinces never interact with each other? Currently I've started up my account but I'm not letting my brother make one until I've cleared this issue up.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    send an email to support explaining your situation and asking to be whitelisted. Once you do that you both play an account.

utopiasupport@utopia-game.com

Post Demon
    Make sure you don't interact though and I wouldn't recommend trying to play in the same kingdom neven though it is theoretically allowed. Half our kingdom (all Singaporeans/Malaysians) got deleted the other day despite supposedly being on the whitelist. Dunno what their situation was - variable IP addresses or whatever, but they certainly weren't multis so it looks almost certain to have been an IP-related deletion.

i seriously doubt half your kingdom was whitelisted together. That old hat about SG players using the same recycled IPs is outdated. The IPs are basically transparent (meaning you log in consistency from a fairly unique IP, just like the rest of the world) - i guess some SG players think they aren't and that explains how they get caught so easily.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Well, maybe they were using internet cafes, I dunno, but they certainly got deleted and they had sent details to the devs for the whitelist at the start of the Age since they are a fairly sizeable group who knew each other in real life. It wouldn't be so bad if they had been told at the start of the Age, but 9 weeks in is pretty ridiculous! I guess it doesn't matter now though - they just join the long list of people who quit.

Enthusiast
    Looks like they also joined the long list of people who got caught cheating,got deleted and got mad because they could not play the way they wanted to.which as against the rules .
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    It is clear I am the best player in the game. I just need a kingdom that will fallow me and take my order. When that happens we can't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by pmyraje View Post
    Well, maybe they were using internet cafes, I dunno, but they certainly got deleted and they had sent details to the devs for the whitelist at the start of the Age since they are a fairly sizeable group who knew each other in real life. It wouldn't be so bad if they had been told at the start of the Age, but 9 weeks in is pretty ridiculous! I guess it doesn't matter now though - they just join the long list of people who quit.
    well, maybe they were actually cheating and feeding you some crap story about being in an internet cafe? Heres the thing - you cant prove you weren't cheating if half your kd logs in from the same location because that is exactly what a cheater would do. Especially someone who thinks his IP is recycled every 5 minutes.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Can't have been that easy if it took 9 weeks.

you assume they were cheating for the last 9 weeks

Post Demon
    I assume they weren't cheating at all unless it was one person having a schizophrenic episode with 7 or 8 different MSN windows open!

If they were cheating then doing it having put your names forward for a whitelist that you know will cause you to get scrutinised extra carefully would be a very dumb way of doing it! Proving you aren't a cheat is totally impossible anyway though so I can't blame them for just quitting rather than messing around in a pointless bid to get reinstated into a KD that has since had some of the slots filled with new players anyway.

well, i didnt say they were multies - obviously i have no idea if they cheated or not - maybe they xlogged each other in war just the once and got caught? Only they really know what happened. I seriously doubt ANY kd has half its players whitelisted though.

I bet someone somewhere was unfairly deleted at some time.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokapotamia View Post
    And I bet someone somewhere is currently cheating as well...

I have no sympathy for xloggers/cheaters. Our kingdom was reported for Xlogging after our first war and our husband and wife duo was deleted, then reinstated since they had the emails to prove they were white listed. If someone is deleted wrongfully, they can prove there innocence and get reinstated.

You know, this is a Catch 22 situation. When anti-cheating efforts were ramped up, more cheaters will get deleted. But at the same time, I believe there would be some collateral damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokapotamia View Post
    He does have a point. The most frowned upon by the community (and perhaps the most common as well) are cross-logging and multies. Whilst multies are pretty much a beaten to death subject, cross-logging are more situational I believe. Of course, you have the common cheaters who xlog and gets deleted, and sometimes make a hell lot of noise out of it. But then, there are also cases where one travels a lot, or one visits another kingdommate, or any other reason that results in sharing similar or same IPs. 1/3 of my kingdom mates have met with at least another kingdom mate in real life. How do you put that into place then? Some of them live only 1 hour drive away, so do they have to notify Jolt everytime they visit each other? Perhaps so.....

I'm not trying to disapprove what Sean and Brian are doing, but I just like to highlight there are possible scenarios like these. Perhaps most of the deleted ones out there are truly cheaters, I believe that too. But what about the 1 or 2 who are deleted wrongly? Won't they feel downright frustrated and unfairly treated? There is no real solution to this, and I cannot think of a better way to go around it as well. I'm just trying to highlight some of the possible real life situations that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DeDLySMuRF View Post
    And I bet someone somewhere is currently cheating as well...

I have no sympathy for xloggers/cheaters. Our kingdom was reported for Xlogging after our first war and our husband and wife duo was deleted, then reinstated since they had the emails to prove they were white listed. If someone is deleted wrongfully, they can prove there innocence and get reinstated.
    Lol... how does one prove his innocence? When I visited my kingdom mate, do I have to send a copy of the stamped passport? Or do I have to provide train tickets? For the most ardent cheaters, both can be forged. And what is this, do I have to go into so much trouble just to visit a friend? Those are my private life, and I don't think it's fair to be shared with a developer of a game, whom I have never met or talked before. At the end of the day, the judgement is in the hands of the devs. It's just as simple as that.

As of now, I haven't personally know of a genuine case where someone was deleted wrongfully, only heard of some. I will give the devs the benefit of doubt and continue supporting them, but do keep in mind that often, reality is more complicated than what you think.

Post Demon
    There really is no such thing as proving you aren't a cheater. If I had a flatmate who also wanted to play then supposedly that is allowed. If I run two provinces myself from two different PCs in the same flat then obviously I am a multi. From the point of view of the developers the two situations look identical though.

Thread Information