Thread: Gangbang protection learn?

Gangbang protection learn?

Is there any GB protection when it comes to learn? I've just recieved 5 hits within 5 hours that cost me:

First: 120k books, 1200 elites
    Second: 72k books, 900 elites
    Third: 79k books, 734 elites
    Fourth: 93k books, 860 elites
    Fifth: 66k books, 930 elites.

So added up in 5 hours I lost 430k books out of 1063k and 4,6k elites out of 14k. Anyone else find this strange? We were finding war targets when we got waved and I had no schools at the moment.

The worst thing about this isnt the fact that I've gotta wait at least 150 hours (with a 100% sci pump strat) but the fact that if they hit me for land they would probably take around 500 acres which is piss easy to get back.

learn gives next to 0 gbp
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Suggestion: Give it some ;)

Forum Fanatic
    Suggestion: dont oversend .I think we found you today or you have a twin. If your the same guy leaving basically no defense at home results in this when you have very nice science .( or did )

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

just get schools - its what they are for.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

He is right I'd rather lose land than books. You would have to have a pretty crap strat to include schools if you are waving.

As I'm a pure T/M I wont ever send my armies out. And how could I get that high elite losses with all my armies out? Were at 105 dpa mod when we got waved :)

Schools are the most useless building in the game trying to get into war. Converting buildings (say 20% of land) would require me to stack too much gold and too much time spent beeing practicly useless ;)

Schools are great for pumping, and the protect is good and all.

Forum Fanatic
    theres your problem. your a T/M and cant retal.your a sitting duck with that much science and not enough defense to hold it.As to the elite losses. some people use elites for defense also.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

If you have a "100% science pump strat" wouldn't that include schools?

you lost almost half your sci - you should reconsider the uselessness of schools.

Of course a pump strat would include schools :) Just converted to war, so my strat does not include schools.

105 DPA should enough as a halfling I believe. If it matters it was 0.47 DPNW.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Enough for what? To not get hit?

Why wouldn't they hit you? It's not like you could do a thing about it...

This is why TM not preferred.

Forum Fanatic
    ^^^ what Palem said. you got tons of science .no offense and will always get fed for it because you cant stop them or make them pay enough in response to make them quit.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

Post Demon
    "Schools are the most useless building in the game trying to get into war." I just came OOW with 5% schools. Not cause I wanted them that much (I am a sage as well), but because I never leave war without them. So even when not building more, I have some around I didn't raze. (I keep sci "half-pumping" right up till war is declared).

And I'm betting the guy I double learned for 200 BPA (150 to me) wishes he kept some schools in war as well. Trying to claw back after a partial chain, only to watch your one remaining advantage go up in smoke. (And he was sage too! I figured it was still worth it.)

I'm planning on trying to convince my kingdom to switch from mass waves to learn waves against anyone with halfway decent sci - it's like a plunder except they can't spend them money to lower the gains. Only way to lower it is... you guessed it: schools.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Thread Information