Thread: Did your kingdom merge this age?

Did your kingdom merge this age?

I would like to hear some stories of kingdom mergers this age. My kingdom had a very tuff last few ages with the OMAC take over n stuff and seemed we spent half of it killing inactives and begging people to stay in the game.

This age,, my kingdom got merge and I met some new people and we all seem to get along great! Activity is good,, I even passed off monarchy to the other monarch because he seems to be a great guy. We even got another war win under the guys belt. We had little drama but it was expected and after few arguments we all seem to respect each other.

How is everyone doing this age? How is your kingdom if you had a merge this age?

Post Fiend
    oh do Merges work? , tought that was impossible...

apparently none of the rest worked

Spliff did too much chronic.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

at age start many small kingdoms get merged
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

VT2, you should stop smoking meth

I would love a merge. We have maybe 7 OUTSTANDING players and having a hard time filling our kingdom.

dude maybe if we beg Thundergore he will merge you with us next age

Post Demon
    Don't know how the forced mergers work out, but the planned merger worked as well as could be expected. We fought a kingdom last age for about a week and a half - and after that epic war, we decided we would merge at the end of the age. Which we did. (And apparently they picked up 2-3 other provs from other war targets.) It was especially good for us cause we were losing people slowly and didn't have anyone that actually wanted to be king.
    Reslut? Because we merged into an existing kingdom, it was easy to settle chain of command - theirs. Cause we did it via move codes, we lost some, usually those not that dedicated. Churn continues to take its toll, but we'd be pure getto by now (I'd be king. All hail the inactive king!) if we hadn't merged, whereas now we clearly are worth sticking around if you land in us as a random. Admittedly, we still can't quite execute a chain right, and I'd just had someone ask what NM was in the forums. (To explain the NM question - we considered war against a almost pure DE kingdom. Kingdom listened when I said we could take their land in a smash-and-grab, but would get *murdered* if we didn't withdraw at min time. The listened as said "lets not even try".) But, despite our expected overabundance of TMs, we can fight hard, and individually smart, and generally do well given our number of players. All because of the merger.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

I am for the mergers!!

Lots of smaller KDs could benefit from this, whether it be forced mergers or agreed mergers. This idea should be looked into at least.
    Last edited by KrakenDomes; 27-08-2010 at 22:20. Reason: Typos cause im hizzigh
    #unforgiven

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.
    - Winston Churchill

Veteran
    Kingdom merges happens every age. Whenever it works depends on the people in the induvidual kingdoms. Mostly on the ego's of both monarchs :)

If you want to decrease the number of kingdom merges, the dev's should increase the number of legal trades a kingdom can carry out every age.

Regular
    I would love a merge. We have maybe 7 OUTSTANDING players and having a hard time filling our kingdom.
    dude maybe if we beg Thundergore he will merge you with us next age
    Don't beg, take own iniative, get together talk things threw and get the 7 people in on reservation.

Thread Information