Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 48 Changes

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar

Age 48 Changes

Please post any feedback you have on the recent changes posted in the announcement board.

Keep the thread clean and on topic.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Thundergore; 03-09-2010 at 20:11. Reason: Adding link

I don't see any changes.
    Some numbers have been lowered. That's all.

Did you magically forget to look inside that HUGE thread you told us to create? What was the point of it if you weren't gonna use our input for anything?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    I don't see any changes.
    Some numbers have been lowered. That's all.

Did you magically forget to look inside that HUGE thread you told us to create? What was the point of it if you weren't gonna use our input for anything?
    Lowered numbers = change. Not applying suggestions or input in the next set of changes does not equal 'not using our input for anything'. It just means the input wasn't used right away.

Anyway this isn't a point I'm here to argue. Asking for changes isn't a pledge to apply all changes received. Some changes require more dev time (which is currently limited) than others. There are a host of changes I'll push for (most of which stem from that huge thread) once there are available resources.

Post constructively. If the changes are limited to fiddling with numbers then suggest flaws in how the numbers have been fiddled. Or recommendations for better number fiddling.

I know it's not a dream situation but let's be practical.
    Last edited by Thundergore; 03-09-2010 at 20:31.

Perhaps your english isnt that good then VT2, cause tweaking numbers are changes. Plus they have listen to some suggestions as well that people have suggested.

I really don't understand why Dwarves still have the 6/0 o spec. The entire reason for the 6/0 o spec was because DEs didn't have offensive elites, giving a 6/0 spec to a race with a 7/4 elite is silly.

Respectfully, what are you trying to get with those useless changes?... I agree with some of them... but man!, don't you "Developers" see your own "Charts"...
    Look at "A Survey of the World's Races" table:

MOST picked race: DarkElf with 21.11% from the total.
    Changes to DarkElf?... NONE

LESS picked race: Elf with 5.74%
    Changes to Elfs..... NONE!!

Followed by Orcs... Changes?... NONE!

LESS picked pers: Artisan WITH ONLY 3.38%
    Changes.... NONE!!

Followed by Merchant... changes NONE!

And I could continue with the list...

Seriously... you call that balance?, or are you trying to balance? what are your goals with those changes?, cause if you're going for Race/Pers Balance I'm afraid to tell you that you're doing it WRONG.

Again... Respectfully, i'm just trying to help you get some users back, or avoiding you loosing more.

add +1 General to Artisan ... and we call it a deal.

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Weakening the 2 most powerful races and the most powerful personality is certainly a step in the right direction. However it is only a baby step, more will be needed to get to get most races to more than barely playable or only playable as a support role. Elf and human are nearly unplayable on their own or as specialized roles. Gnomes are only playable as a very specialized role and halfling while slightly stronger than gnome is not much better able to do much beyond very specific specialization. Sage and shepherd are still by far the most powerful personalities, most of the others needs to be boosted. Go through 10-20 iteration like this and we might end up at a really good place.

Great change making fools gold and chastity unfriendly!
    Last edited by oyzar; 03-09-2010 at 22:12.

Forum Addict
    Thundergore -

Your changes are inadequate and will not shift or balance races. You absolutely must do the following:

1. Lower gains bonuses to Avians and Orcs. The majority of all kingdoms are attackers, not T/Ms, and giving outlandish gains/attack times to these races puts them head and shoulders above everyone else.
    2. Improve the speed and sustainability of Humans. That spec decrease is killer, find a way to balance it.
    3. Improve Halfling and Elf economies. They are just unsustainable as it is and don't have the economies to match attackers. I get that some races need to be T/Ms, but a pure T/M or a hybrid T/M needs some kind of advantage to their economies to balance out the attack bonuses other races get.
    4. Get rid of the off spec on Dwarfs. It makes them much more balanced, you can even give them +30% BE back. Just trust me on this one.
    5. Make Artisan useful in some way. It's totally useless now. A BE bonus would work, even if it combos with Dwarf well.
    6. Find a way to make Rogues and Mystics more useful. Look at all the crap Shepherd gets. Now look at Rogue and Mystic. Maybe there's a reason Rogue and Mystic are viewed as specialized roles and not widely run.

We're basically re-playing last age if you stick with the changes we have now. As someone who played in a kingdom that was among the biggest Avian kingdoms all age, let me give you the spoiler alert: Avians are still really, really good.

Regards,
    TheRock
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

Artisan, Rogue, and Mystic with +1 General ... This will surely twist up the balance-meter.

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

@Tactician (Replaces War Hero) ??????

It's already replaced at Age 47, not 48!!!

Seriously... I don't care about the small race tweaks... JUST GET CB BACK OR MAKE SOM 100% ACCURATE!!! If not everyone I bet most of the utopian community feels the same as I do...

Post Fiend
    Just some fiddeling with numbers then. I'm no expert on this but some thoughts.

Additional changes:

Elf:

50% lower Military Losses (better economy)
    Duration spells last 2 more hours (up to maximum) (something to make them stand out abit more)

Dwarf

Remove 6/0 off spec and give back +30% BE

Gnome

Some kind of population bonus either +5-10% population or houses gives 10-11 population instead of the normal 8.

Halfling

Dunno

Human

Perhaps make the off spec cost 200 gc, would help in some situations.

Orc

Dunno, you could remove + gains from avians and make them more focused on speed and build a new orc around + gain but without the 0/4 def specs which makes it hard to play for many people.

Merchant

Either increase the amount gold earned (higher + income, bonus to banks or gold per acre) or increase the protection of the gold lower losses on both plunder and thief ops.

Tactician

Lower the cost of specs by xx % (perhaps 20-30)%.

Warrior

Opponent Casualties (when attacking or defending): +25% (from 15%)
    Own Casualties (when attacking or defending): -25% (from -15%)

Artisan

Lower contruction cost by 50%
    +5-10% BE

Post Fiend
    Lots of good stuff here.

Biggest complaint: why didn't shepherd get a nerf? Why didn't Artisan get a boost?

Post Fiend
    Oh, and if you do not think Dark Elf got nerfed, you're dead wrong.

Making FG unfriendly-only is a very big change.

Thread Information