Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Age 48 Changes

Here is a reply to some questions people have been asking

Sabotage gains: -15%
    This means the gains from sabotage operations, like Night Strike, are reduced by 15%. This applies to ops you do.

Sabotage gains: +40%/+15%
    This means the gains from sabotage operations, like Night Strike, are increased by 15%. This applies to ops you do.

Sabotage success:: +40%
    This is a tpa boost, but both the attacker and the defender are eligible to receive it. If both the attacker and defender are halfers they would both get the tpa*1.4 bonus.

Spell success: +30%/+15%
    Increases the likelyhood a spell will succeed (a straight wpa mod) - 1 wpa becomes 1.3 for calcs
    As with "Sabotage Success" both attacker and defender are eligible for the bonus.

Spell success: -25%
    This decreases the likelyhood a spell will succeed (a straight wpa mod) 1 wpa becomes .75 for calcs - this is on offense and defense of spells?
    As with "Sabotage Success" both attacker and defender are eligible for the bonus.

Spell potency (efficacy & duration): +30%
    Increases the effect of a spell or the duration.
    Timed spells (like Minor Protection) get a duration bonus only.
    Spells that have a delayed effect (doesn't 'happen' until the next attack) are not affected by the bonus (like quickfeet).
    Other spells get an efficacy bonus (like Fools Gold).
    There are three exceptions though. Mystic Vortex, Paradise and Tree of Gold are not affected by the Spell Potency bonus.

The only change is paradise, which was previously affected by it.

Espionage success:: +40%
    This is a tpa mod, but it can effect both the attacker and the defender. As with "Sabotage Success" both attacker and defender are eligible for the bonus.

TDs- do they apply defensively?
    Yes, an attacker's buildings mod the attacker's tpa while the defender's buildings mod the defender's tpa.
    Last edited by Bishop; 09-09-2010 at 10:41. Reason: clarity
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I just wanna say that the changes are very decent!

I think the balance of the game will be closer to what it has to be this age and this is a good step.. Thx devs..

That just sad to see poeple whinning always for anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Spell potency (efficacy & duration): +30%
    Increases the effect of a spell and/or the duration.
    Timed spells (like Minor Protection) get a duration bonus only.
    Other spells get an efficacy bonus (like Fools Gold).
    There are three exceptions though. Mystic Vortex, Paradise and Tree of Gold are not affected by the Spell Potency bonus.
    Just wanna clarify here.
    So you really mean "Increases the effect or the duration of a spell. " As oppsosed to and/or . As spells that have duration are not given the efficacy bonus and spells that have no duration are obviously not given the duration bonus, so there is never a crossover.
    Right? Sorry if I seem bereft.

Regular
    Thanks for that post, Bishop, it was very informative.

I was not aware the spell strength bonus didn't apply to tree of gold. Is this new or has it been around for a while?

One other follow up question does the spell success penalty on humans apply to self spells as well regardless of the guilds (similar to the old penalty) or is it just a straight wpa penalty?

Post Fiend
    Great changes for the coming age, far more balanced. Damn you thundergore you were trolling everyone weren't you, hope your satisfied.

Just a couple of questions:

If your a human and you send a def spec at a dragon, does it do 6 dmg or 5 dmg?

What are the effects of bribe general? What happens if you send more thieves (does it increase # gens bribed)?

Monarchy bonuses apply during hostile and war relations. So if i did SoT and SoM, would i need to manually add +10% def to both or neither?

Alot of people have mentioned how strong overpowered Avian were last age and human being weak..before last age I was human for 3 and went avian, and even though on paper its strong i didnt find it could compare with human income bonus and +1 def spec..i noticed humans in our kingdom and others were most often strong provinces...
    would be nice to have the 15 percent thief bonus and sci boost back..:)

Bishop I have a question about stealth %'s. If i left my province like this: Thieves 2,753 (8%). Will this mean my thieves on defense will be weaker than if it were say 50% or 75% stealth left?

Spell success: +30%/+15%
    Increases the likelyhood a spell will succeed (a straight wpa mod) - 1 wpa becomes 1.3 for calcs

So what if the other party is -25% Spell success? Which will be taken? Same goes to Thievery.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by shiuangdi View Post
    Bishop I have a question about stealth %'s. If i left my province like this: Thieves 2,753 (8%). Will this mean my thieves on defense will be weaker than if it were say 50% or 75% stealth left?
    No. Stealth remaining is irrelevant calculating mod TPA.

Post Fiend
    evokeD, both are taken. If I have +30% and you have -25%, then each of my wizards is considered as 1.3 for purposes of calculating spell success and each of your wizards is calculated as being only .75.

It does not mean the likelihood of success is increased by 30%. It means that your WPA is increased by 30% for purposes of calculation.

Note, there one situation where both duration AND effect could work, right. Meteor showers is a duration spell...but each hour it does a certain amount of damage.

My guess, though, is that the +30% only affects the duration and not the damage per hour. It's a bit moot this age since the +30% is given to all mystics, who are the only ones who can cast the spell anyway....but still....

Quote Originally Posted by Thundergore View Post
    Lowered numbers = change. Not applying suggestions or input in the next set of changes does not equal 'not using our input for anything'. It just means the input wasn't used right away.

Anyway this isn't a point I'm here to argue. Asking for changes isn't a pledge to apply all changes received. Some changes require more dev time (which is currently limited) than others. There are a host of changes I'll push for (most of which stem from that huge thread) once there are available resources.

Post constructively. If the changes are limited to fiddling with numbers then suggest flaws in how the numbers have been fiddled. Or recommendations for better number fiddling.

I know it's not a dream situation but let's be practical.
    i agree that all changes take time, but i would have to agree with most people here and say that the t/m (once a powerful weapon during war) are now weak compared to say shephards.
    i love the variety of choices of this game that affect the entire age, but this way we are all gonna be shephards this age..

i would love to see an elf with ToG or say 20% income. you could even add some BE bonus equal to dwarves, but please do something because only 5% elves in the game is way to little..

To be honest I had hoped you would abolish the SoT ect and put them back where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by sport_freak View Post
    i agree that all changes take time, but i would have to agree with most people here and say that the t/m (once a powerful weapon during war) are now weak compared to say shephards.
    i love the variety of choices of this game that affect the entire age, but this way we are all gonna be shephards this age..

i would love to see an elf with ToG or say 20% income. you could even add some BE bonus equal to dwarves, but please do something because only 5% elves in the game is way to little..

That-50% military wages would be great as well

Regular
    well - due to the fact that I see at least 6 race+pers combo that are balanced and preatty tempting to run I think those changes are good enough - but I think we can start a thread for next age changes, new races improvements and so on.... it's never to early as the speed of our beloved developers and programmers is quite slow.

no ones going to play avian next age..just wait and see

Thread Information