Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GS work for honour gains?

Regular

Arrow

If you are a Lord, hit a Baron closest to your Networth.
    100% is the goal.

Age 63: Undead/Merch

Age 73: Undead/Paladin

If i knew the answer I'd post it, I'm not selfish like that Palem chap :)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    replying to Palem, honor difference which i mentioned doesnt work like the networth difference mech.. personally i never honor farmed a prince, so i dont know how much honor exactly i would gain.. since i'm a honor freak, i can tell you for sure that i used to get 35 honor point per attack against 100% sized provinces in war while both us being a lord.. this however changed dramatically when i gained 70hp per attack against a count while me still being a lord.. also both of us had not been attacked, so no GBP involvement here too.. tested this for 3 wars continuously and believed this was the system.. =D

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    35 honor for a lord-lord, 100% relative nw, war hit sounds incredibly made up. Even at lord level you should be getting hundreds of honor per hit, and that's not even with ideal situations.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrified View Post
    wow people are so not helpful. Here is my understanding - gains modifiers (orc, military sci, stance) and GS both have no impact on honor gains. GBP has some impact, however from what I have seen last few days it does not seem to be as heavy of an effect as land gains (I may be wrong).
    This, what petrified says is correct. I've spent the last 36 hours of my current war not actually trying to win but testing crap i cant compare orc v non orc but i can say gains science doesn't have an effect while at war. I've also been doing testing on ops primarily NM/NS/Prop honor gains as well as how much effect Patriotism has on prop.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    35 honor for a lord-lord, 100% relative nw, war hit sounds incredibly made up. Even at lord level you should be getting hundreds of honor per hit, and that's not even with ideal situations.
    agreed i can get about 25 honor per op proping a viscount so a land grab of lords should give a lot more.
    Last edited by Persain; 12-12-2013 at 21:31.

Post Fiend
    and what is your conclusion persain?

btw i dont understand pat on prop?

Patriotism protects against propaganda.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RawStuff View Post
    and what is your conclusion persain?
    ug, sry i didnt make that clear. My conclusion is what petrified said, GS do not lower honor losses. Science mods do not impact honor gains. That is if u take 150 acres or 120 acres you get ~ the same honor and its based on NW range of hit, GBP of target, and relative honor of yourself/target.

btw i dont understand pat on prop?
    Theoretically casting patriotism is supposed to reduce the gains your enemy gets when propping you. For example last age we had a halfer propping an enemy target. He got good gains, then the enemy msged him in game something like "bam, your prop shall not pass" and his gains were severely reduced. In the current war we had a halfer trying to prop one of our halfers. He got 10/30 successes or so and then our halfer casted pat....we're working on it

edit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Yes but HOW it protects is the issue, what % reduction. Is it fail rate, reduced gains, reduced max gains......our player is working on the math/concept.

Post Fiend
    wow freaking never heard of that.

edit: just saw it on the wiki... guess i never bothered to read it to the last word in my 10000x on the site. weird

be fun to hear more about it persain. if you ever want to get the info out when you find out that is :)

Strategy Moderator
    wow freaking never heard of that.
    edit: just saw it on the wiki... guess i never bothered to read it to the last word in my 10000x on the site. weird
    be fun to hear more about it persain. if you ever want to get the info out when you find out that is :)
    hehe, if i'm every able to get a real formula i'd post it in the wiki. until then all i can give are general concepts based on <1000 ops. Basically anecdotal evidence. I am happy to tell those to whoever asks me in irc. But unless i have a real formula I'm not going to go into 100 post argument/clarification with comments like
    were i to contradict widely accepted generalizations.

You don't really need the specifics though, assuming its a non-negligible amount (which it is) then casting pat is beneficial.

Enthusiast
    Ah but the devils in the details Bishop... for example without knowing the amount of protection i gain against prop (assuming i am a prop target) from Pat, how do i know if it is more beneficial to cast pat with my limited amount of runes or say cast several ToGs instead to generate income to replace troops lost to prop.
    A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFiwYQtGp0

Any and all opinions I express are mine and mine alone and are not a reflection upon my kingdoms way of thinking

Strategy Moderator
    You don't [B]really[/B ]need the specifics though, assuming its a non-negligible amount (which it is) then casting pat is beneficial.
    This is y i dont post what my kd finds in the forums because what is in underlined is wrong. And unless you can show me the actual formula you saying your right isn't going to mean much. Because "non-negligible" has no definition, 900 wizard propped v 1000 wizards propped=non-negligible. 9 v 10 when i have 1000's negligible...same formula.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Evillone View Post
    Ah but the devils in the details Bishop... for example without knowing the amount of protection i gain against prop (assuming i am a prop target) from Pat, how do i know if it is more beneficial to cast pat with my limited amount of runes or say cast several ToGs instead to generate income to replace troops lost to prop.
    If you care about optimizing that much, you're prolly motivated enough to test it yourself ;)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    If you care about optimizing that much, you're prolly motivated enough to test it yourself ;)
    I did quite a bit of testing on prop during my time with silly cats and as props gains are so randomized to begin with its awfully hard to tell if pat has any effect at all. Meaning its hard to distinguish between a reduced "maxgains prop" due to pat and just a poorer prop result.
    Last edited by Evillone; 14-12-2013 at 05:03.
    A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFiwYQtGp0

Any and all opinions I express are mine and mine alone and are not a reflection upon my kingdoms way of thinking

Thread Information