Thread: Pop science

Pop science

I'm an elf/sage going A/M and I'm wondering if pop science is worth it. Since is game is NW based rather than acre based, isn't it better to have higher mods for things rather than a higher raw value (elites/wpa/etc)? Like making more TGs rather than homes to buy more elites. Should I also put more into income/be/magic sci so i can replace banks/towers/guilds for TG/WT? That way I'd hopefully get the same mod opa/wpa/tpa with less nw (because of not training elites/wizzies/theives).

Any insight on this would be awesome! thanks in advance!

having a high nwpa because you have a monster army isnt a bad thing imo - i always pump pop sci far more than any other category
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    NW is not a bad thing in itself, it's only bad if it's filled with nothing. Making yourself more space efficient means the nw of the actual acres mean less, and so you're becoming more nw efficient. The only way to add army without it being beneficial is if you add elites just to defend with them pretty much.

Pop sci is the most important of all sci categories

Post Demon
    Back in the human sage days, before we got sci rates (when human *could* pump more or less any sci amount desired), I ran some sims to see when sci became not worth it due to NW.
    This is more applicable for sages than humans now - used to be human have the +sci effect bonus. It is all dated however and is only a rough guild-line.
    I believe I gave the prov 30% libs. Cause at the sci levels that are optimal, even the last 1% from 29% to 30% is better than any other building.

Food was the worst, only takes around 200-300 bpa before it is counter-productive. Weirdly enough, the *higher* the food bonus mult, the lower this point is.

Magic/Thievery were about equal for an A/T (or A/t) build - towers space matters. 500 BPA was about enough

I had no way to evaluate Military science for effectiveness. I made a gen prov with +100% gains - it just hit gain cap all the time. 1k is a decent *guess*.

Income/BE - BE was sensitive to build strat and DR, but usually stayed a little higher than the optimal value for Income. Income usually wanted around 2,000 bpa once the prov was fully optimized.

Housing - the granddaddy of science. Optimal for human sage came out to be about 10,000 bpa. Yes, 10k BPA, as in +114% Pop. As in over 100 NW/A from housing sci alone.

This was intentionally a setup designed to exploit sci, and thus produce the highest break even points. (It also was the best strat, by far, if you could stat static and pump.) But it gives rise to a simple (and slightly simplistic) rule, based on the unachievability of 10k bpa:

"You can never have too much housing sci. Not even after a chain."
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

What are the MAX of all SCIENCES categorizes ?

sci doesnt have caps any more
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information