Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft modifcation ? Cannot change.

Question Draft modifcation ? Cannot change.

I cannot modify my Draft Rate ? It is grayed out.

you cannot change draft until 1 game week passes.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Every age we have at least 1 person asking this.....

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Every age we have at least 1 person asking this.....
    It almost seems like there's something not user friendly about the interface.

Not user-friendly? Greyed out boxes are a standard UI tactic. Maybe this is your first time on the interwebs, if so welcome!
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

what is this interwebs u speak of?!
    Last edited by Angelus; 15-09-2010 at 11:43.
    uTools for Firefox | uTools for Chrome
    [Angels - Mercy - Evolution - Rage ]

Enthusiast
    I think Lichemaster is saying to add a line underneath telling people that draft is disabled for the first week of play. Instead of just graying out the box.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    I think Lichemaster is saying to add a line underneath telling people that draft is disabled for the first week of play. Instead of just graying out the box.
    Yeah. I know perfectly well that greying out is standard (and following standards is a good practice) and it's a standard that started on desktop applications (not in the interwebs). But another standard is contextual help so it would be nice to either add a line underneath it or a tooltip when you hover the mouse over it or over a conveniently placed [?] next to it.

I actually think most things in this game should have a [?] close to it you could hover to get some help.

thats way better feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    thats way better feedback
    You'd get a lot of good feedback if you weren't such a troll.

Forum Addict
    It burns because it's true :(
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

Quote Originally Posted by 3510733 View Post
    You'd get a lot of good feedback if you weren't such a troll.
    If you cant be bothered to give constructive criticism then perhaps you shouldn't bother posting? There is far too much whining on these boards. To say that people do not give feedback because i get annoyed when they whine is not something you can prove. Allow me to inform you what trolling is - it is a post only intended to stir up trouble. Informing someone that the devs are using a standard mechanic is, arguably, useful information. Maybe you are trying to assist me with my posting style, if so then good for you. I reckon though you are trying to be smart - not a wise decision.

Post Demon
    Better than giving help on this would just be to enable it since it serves no sensible purpose any more.

The purpose it serves is to stop races or personalities with draft cost reductions from having too big an advantage during OOP. Since we still have a personality with a draft cost reduction then it servers a purpose - not as much of one since orcs lost free draft, but still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    If you cant be bothered to give constructive criticism then perhaps you shouldn't bother posting? There is far too much whining on these boards. To say that people do not give feedback because i get annoyed when they whine is not something you can prove. Allow me to inform you what trolling is - it is a post only intended to stir up trouble. Informing someone that the devs are using a standard mechanic is, arguably, useful information. Maybe you are trying to assist me with my posting style, if so then good for you. I reckon though you are trying to be smart - not a wise decision.
    My post did contain constructive criticism. It may not have been what you wanted to read, but it's 100% constructive.
    Lichmister wasn't whining at all, I don't get how you see "It almost seems like there's something not user friendly about the interface." as whining. He's just commenting on horrible interface using sarcasm to make his point less hositle.
    You are condescending to the utopian forum comminuty. Do you expect this to improve communications and the quality of feedback?
    I can safely say you are a troll. If you'd like, I can come back in an hour with quotes.

Thread Information