Things are running smooth for now (touch wood) and a crop of final - tweaked - age changes seemed to have please plenty of posters and players.

Some might cynically say 'We're just out of beta', and they wouldn't be far off the mark.

It's at times like these that thoughts turn to the future. Evidence for this can be seen in the threads asking about and discussing varied topics such as revamping the game, new platforms for the game and new tools within the game. I thought I'd post something to address these kinds of threads.

When I think of revamping I don't think of game tweaks. I think of new features, more user options, bringing a game that has an unparalleled and dignified history up to date*.

And there are a number of complications and catches with that:

- *'Up to date' - A dangerous term. New players need to be attracted and held but this can't be at the expense of all the game's complexity and styling. These two areas could use some work but to make changes without consulting the playerbase wouldn't be the best way to proceed.

- Revamping - To me this implies new code. There's no dodging around it. Pleasant and welcome tweaks at age end/start are one thing, they can keep a game ticking over but new code is more than 'ticking over'. It's lifeblood. It's progression.

I'll not mince words, the game is not in the state it was when B&S made their exasperated post half a year ago. At the same time the work they've put into it previous to that and since that day hasn't moved the game to the tipping point they would have liked.

This 'tipping point' would be the point where the game not only sustains itself (covers cost) but generates a little more income, income with which new and existing plans could be sculpted into reality. With which proper coding can be carried out.

We're going to ask for your feedback and thoughts on where to go from here on very soon. We've got our own ideas but this isn't the time where we ignore our loyal followers and try to forge on alone.

It may be that whatever course of action we decide on will be disliked by many but what we hope (and what is essential really) is that it will be approved of by most.

Make no mistake - development time is limited. It wouldn't be a challenging position otherwise. Still there is a lot that all of you, any newcomers, any returning old guard and myself can accomplish.

Any comments or feedback please raise it here.

Thanks guys (and girls).