Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Best Kingdom ever?

imo sleepy is the best kd :) btw i see what u sayin bishop u can't prove ****, really every kd who is good gets accused of cheating, everytime a kd will rape another the rapist gets accused of x-logging or w.e lol and nobody even sometimes the players in that kingdom know if they are cheating or to what extent lol It is possible Palem that u have played in a cheating kd, that half ur players were multis, u dont know that for sure lol. So i guess unless ppl have solid proof that a kd is cheating or that their kd is so saintly than they should stfu :) ppl love to ***** in jolt, its jokes. E-penis competition ftfw !

p.s mine is bigger than yours. *puts on her hard hat and hides behind her shield*
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ PLUR ~ Spankers FTFW Hasta La Victoria Siempre
    -- visit us on irc #spankers

roros cant be good at anything so that excludes Sleepy! ..

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by moya View Post
    It is possible Palem that u have played in a cheating kd, that half ur players were multis, u dont know that for sure lol.
    I never denied that it's possible my kd was cheating. I'm the reasonable one. You're thinking of Fates.

p.s. Let's be friends =]

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    I'm awesome.
    I know.

It seems I forgot to mention you really have to be the king of the world to silently disappear back into the shadows once it becomes obvious to everybody that you were one of the biggest cheaters ever, and that what you pushed for pretty much destroyed the game.
    Isn't it nice how zero of the people who crusaded for this are now around?

Man, someone give me a medal for remembering all the bad stuff you people do.
    Eh. I rationalize you're trolling, which is whatever. That's your business to do, if it makes you happy -- then all the power to you. But my issue is an unprovoked swing at him when there was no mention or indication of him, and given his absence I see it as a personal strike against him rather than a common troll attempt. Which I will say is pretty low on your part.

Secondly, anyone that knows me knows full and well I may be nice but I'm blunt as ****, and I've called out Hans on a number of things. But one thing he is not is a cheater to the extent you said. He traded illegally, just like a large portion of the population. In addition if I remember right they had a munk account prior to my entry, but it was for managerial purposes and nothing ill in aiding to things like cross logging.

There were members in the past and right up until the end, including me, who had the programmatic knowledge to develop or manage something -- but that knowledge wasn't used.

And should I be wrong in some form, I can sincerely tell you that the last ages of Copy Cats was entirely cheat free. I spoke up even if people tried to glorify it remotely, in addition to when trades were tight the suggestion to illegally trade here and there -- you can damn well take my word for it I spoke up even to the mention. I had to make a sacrifice at some point, once -- but that wasn't even in regards to Copy Cats -- and it's part of the reason I quit this game considering how saddened I was at the positions people are forced into just to compete -- especially given the discussions of going significantly further with it, outside of me needing to place my focus elsewhere.

So I'd appreciate if you quit badmouthing Catwalk, because regardless of your personal opinion of him and while I concur that the entire trading system was a ****ty idea to begin with and I will concur from a personal perspective it is part of what destroyed the game (And it's only an opinion) -- he's put in and done more for the game and the people in the game than you can even contemplate and no one can try and take that position away from him.

Regardless of people's opinions of you, I do like you VT2 -- but at the same time, some of troll attempts are seriously uncalled for given their blatant ignorance and personality. Had Catwalk been around still and you guys were still fencing back and forth, then it is what it is -- but the attack was unprovoked and uncalled for. Sucker punches are for the weak.

Furthermore, the single greatest deterioration to the game has nothing to do with the pushes to legalize trading. It's the general elitism that the game follows at this present point, there is little to no community to fall into without having to search. Before, you could jump right into things, now you can't because if you're not following the herd -- you're just killed off.

It's both the community and the functionality/management of the game that is hurting, not one or the other. So don't sit there and be the pot calling the kettle black. I nor anyone should be stressed out by a game, not so much in the fact of getting up in the middle of the night to make a hit -- I actually enjoy that to an extent, or even getting up every hour on the hour to manage a war and make sure everyone is keeping pace (or NW whoring). What I have a problem with is the social aspect at this point. No one can talk without being flamed really, and that's sad. It's why the majority of the community is on IRC now, closed off from everything else. Furthermore, pretty much everyone is pressured into that type of dedication of the game. This game should NOT be a second job.

Who wants to bother here when all they get is ****? It seems to be getting better now than it was before, but I still see it. And the fact that it's quantifiable a much larger proportion of posts compared to the past in regards to the population sizes, it's worse to see it now. Back then, even if it happened the same amount or even more -- you could get over it because there were hundreds of posts that were rational in that same time frame to make you forget about that 1 asshat.

Furthermore, from what I've read -- the functionality is getting pretty stable and they are making some attempts to continue forward movement of the game, even if the resources are presently light.

I don't check in much though, but that's what I've gathered in the time I've checked in to see how everyone is.
    SYNERGY
    #synergy

>> Finn
    >> Formerly in Copy Cats, Lothlorien, and Pyromaniacs

Is Wizzy secretly a gay fish?

* &Wizard likes fishsticks
    <&Wizard> I love putting fishsticks in my mouth

but at the same time, some of troll attempts are seriously uncalled for given their blatant ignorance and personality.
    All troll attempts are uncalled for, you just getting played so freaking hard atm. The wisest course of action here would be ignoring him. Instead you go feeding and not just a bit, a ****load of text so he can laugh at you.

I agree, but I don't necessarily view his attempts as entirely trolling. I think they're personal, given their unprovoked behavior. Trolls commonly feed on present issues or relative issues based to the discussion, or entirely irrelevant ones that are so irrelevant they in themselves become relevant.

This though was just a personal random swing, given there really isn't anyone around that speaks up for Catwalk anymore besides me, and I only check in one day of the week really. So it was purely chance.

I personally don't agree with trolling, but I understand the rationality that people enjoy it -- so I just laugh and don't get butt hurt over it, even if they're directed at me.

Had I just rationalized they were entirely trolling, then I would have just let it go. Considering Hans is a friend of mine and I view this as a personal strike, I feel it's my responsibility to defend him.

If he wants to laugh, he can go ahead and laugh and I'm glad I made his life a little bit brighter.

But I'm going to clear the air still yet and insure that people get the wrong impression about CW, even if me and him have exchanged from things regarding Kingdom diplomacy (E.g. Mercy issue ages back, I unloaded on him about that in their defense) to general involvement with creating a secondary game -- ya know? I don't sit down for my friends.
    SYNERGY
    #synergy

>> Finn

The mark of the greatest criminals is the ability to legitimize their actions.
    Catwalk had Roisin in his backpocket all the time - boring ages for 'balance,' his 'suggestions' being the defacto finalized ones, trading being legalized...

Yeah, I kinda don't have to say more.
    Now that it is legal, people like he still cheat the old-fashioned way, since they didn't get unlimited codes. As for Catwalk, he 'retired' not shortly after they got rid of Roisin.

Still, I think roro viahul wins the price for best kingdom. Paying for unlimited moves, unlimited resets, and unlimited new accounts was great.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    The mark of the greatest criminals is the ability to legitimize their actions.
    Catwalk had Roisin in his backpocket all the time - boring ages for 'balance,' his 'suggestions' being the defacto finalized ones, trading being legalized...

Yeah, I kinda don't have to say more.
    Now that it is legal, people like he still cheat the old-fashioned way, since they didn't get unlimited codes. As for Catwalk, he 'retired' not shortly after they got rid of Roisin.

Still, I think roro viahul wins the price for best kingdom. Paying for unlimited moves, unlimited resets, and unlimited new accounts was great.
    I understand your rationality given what you may know or the public may see in regards to his history with Roisin -- but I'll tell ya straight up that it wasn't like it's being made out to be and it that point in Catwalk's life is more personal than you can fathom to understand if he hasn't talked to you personally about that point in his life.

I don't mean to take a bite out of Roisin's ass, because I don't know Roisin personally and mean no ill words -- but it was probably the other way around. But I won't go further than that out of respect for both of them.

Furthermore, most suggestions CW put forward -- were entirely ignored to my knowledge because I actually had a long discussion with him in regards to that particular topic. I think at one point maybe his input was taking in pretty critically, but it was largely Roisin's decision most of the time and had no real influence from CW. But I've only heard it from one person in the party, and while I trust CW to be honest on a personal level -- however, I am, as a person, fairly neutral so I can understand and respect that it's not really my place to fully judge in that regard.

I totally agree with the premise of people still cheating, I'm not entirely sure how it is now but at the time that I left -- I can personally attest a large (and I mean large) percentage of the top KDs cheated in one way or another. But in their defense, it's not as evil or intense a lot of people make it out to be. They're only a couple KDs that do it to that veracity. CCs history is probably one of the _least_ tainted if anything though.

They're plenty of other KDs that are more deserving of your attacks in regards to this topic, and I can say that sincerely.

You claiming that CW put forward a bad idea and had cheating legalized basically I concur with, but to see him or his KD were largely cheaters is false by any means. And you have to come to respect that he wished to deter cheating wholly, which did happen -- you don't see as much rampant crosslogging (But that could be population too) or even heavy proxy use anymore as a result. A lesser evil toppled over a much larger evil basically.

My only qualms with it is morally I can't see as to the logical importance of fighting fire with fire. Might is not right, you know? Evil only begets evil in my eyes.

Additionally, as I'm sure plenty of people know how I feel given my attempts -- but I feel it was one of the largest strikes against the original values of the game. But I don't want to go on and on about that.

The point is that you're kind of aiming in the wrong direction. If you really wanted to do something about it, make a point to address the issues of the current kingdoms that are cheating rather than beat a dead horse.

I wish you the best though.

----

Did Viahul really do that or obtain that? I would expect a major community backlash at the news of anyone allowing that to happen. Or did he just push an offer forward? Surprised I never heard about that.
    SYNERGY
    #synergy

>> Finn

Post Demon
    1. If they hadn't legalized trading, this game would very very likely not exist today. So no, that was not a bad decision, nor was it CW's idea. He was simply one of it's many supporters.
    2. Most of CW's suggestions were NEVER implemented. Roisin didn't listen to him a lot, and neither did Sean & Brian. You'd have to be blind to not see how frustrated CW was at the end because they wouldn't listen to him.

Thread Information