Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Game News

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar

Other Game News

You'll no doubt see, or hear about, two game closures today.

I just want to reinforce that Utopia players have nothing to worry about at this point - any decisions made about our game lie in the hands of Brian and Sean alone.

Thanks!

We outlived UK. Victory!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Joy is flowing through the hearts of all loyal Utopians everywhere!

Direct all the players here.

they came from here in the first place most likely.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    they came from here in the first place most likely.
    UK, mostly yes, lately no... but anyway, send them and the Trukz guys here :P
    Trukz also had 7k players...

Edit:though none of Jolt's other games gamers have the dedication and the community as Utopia has. Look at the forums:

Jolt Poker - Posts: 24
    Legends of Zork - Posts: 31,189
    Trukz - Posts: 37,420
    Utopia Kigdoms - Posts: 8,979

Utopia: Posts: 180,372
    Last edited by WolfDGrey; 16-11-2010 at 22:46.
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Post Fiend
    I have a great big grin on my face about the FU news... I hope Sean is at least giving some banter to DC about it, all lads should. Just goes to show a strong, stubborn and rather loud community helps keep a game alive.

I am saddened to hear that Trukz is going though, especially considering that Trukz has more posts the LoZ, I think its a mistake, but I am not Dylan Collins and the rest of the board.

I am curious about the moving development teams - the only games that are in development are Jolt Poker and Playboy Manager. I am yet to receive any post on the bugs I found on Jolt Poker, so I can only assume they are all working on Playboy Manager. FYI Dylan, you might want to get staff that won't be distracted by the playboy pics all day, I mean the game has been in development for what, years now!

Personally, I think as the s*** has hit the fan in Ireland and this is having repurcussions through the company, and there is some sort of shake up going on. Just my two cents on the issue.

P.S Reckon we can advertise Utopia in Trukz forums? Or does that break advertising rules? Technically we are affiliated, but not owned by Jolt right?

Forum Fanatic
    Sad so see so much time,energy and money that was thrown at UK when the player base here told them up front it was not wanted .If half what was thrown away had been put toward Utopia to begin with we would have been in a better situation.Kinda what Dillon promised to begin with before launching UK and pushing us to the side.

Just some sad exerts from the post in UK from Jolt by TG

"As such Utopia Kingdoms has become stagnant and repetitive with player numbers dropping significantly."

Isnt that all Jolt games?

"We would like to thank you all at this time for the input, comments and assistance you have provided on the boards. You have often provided answers where we have been unable to, showcasing your knowledge and understanding of the game and in turn building the community around it."

To bad they stopped doing that here and quit listening to the community totally
    Last edited by Thunder TA; 17-11-2010 at 01:27.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDGrey View Post
    UK, mostly yes, lately no... but anyway, send them and the Trukz guys here :P
    Trukz also had 7k players...

Edit:though none of Jolt's other games gamers have the dedication and the community as Utopia has. Look at the forums:

Jolt Poker - Posts: 24
    Legends of Zork - Posts: 31,189
    Trukz - Posts: 37,420
    Utopia Kigdoms - Posts: 8,979

Utopia: Posts: 180,372
    I'd prefer quality over quantity. The Utopia forums have had a lot of posts that can be qualified as trolling, flaming, ranting etc. Still, Utopia has been around a lot longer and I know people who've played at least 20 ages if not more. It says a lot about a game if people keep playing it for such a long time.

I'm happy to hear that Utopia will continue to survive when other games don't.

Thundergore, are you in a position to share which fixes, additions and/or improvements for/to Utopia are currently being worked on?
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ordos View Post
    I am curious about the moving development teams - the only games that are in development are Jolt Poker and Playboy Manager. I am yet to receive any post on the bugs I found on Jolt Poker, so I can only assume they are all working on Playboy Manager. FYI Dylan, you might want to get staff that won't be distracted by the playboy pics all day, I mean the game has been in development for what, years now!
    There are a number of projects being worked on in the Jolt stables - some quite interesting. The amount of time spent looking at pics of scantily clad women is certainly exaggerated. I will have to hunt down your poker bug reports - that game is indeed awaiting some love (and promotion) while new projects are worked on.

Nb/ If it wasn't clear from my activities in other boards (and the extensive and varied work I get behind the scenes) I am a bit of a 'half-breed' when it comes job requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    I'd prefer quality over quantity. The Utopia forums have had a lot of posts that can be qualified as trolling, flaming, ranting etc. Still, Utopia has been around a lot longer and I know people who've played at least 20 ages if not more. It says a lot about a game if people keep playing it for such a long time.

I'm happy to hear that Utopia will continue to survive when other games don't.

Thundergore, are you in a position to share which fixes, additions and/or improvements for/to Utopia are currently being worked on?
    It must be remembered that the Jolt closures have no effect on us whatsoever (except in terms of the boards which we may or may not move from - this slows down our recruitment of new moderators too. No point in having moderators for boards we aren't sure we'll be around on just yet).

So as such there's no change to our own sad development situation. It is however something that is being looked into. We need work done - everyone at a community, community management and management level are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Sad so see so much time,energy and money that was thrown at UK when the player base here told them up front it was not wanted .If half what was thrown away had been put toward Utopia to begin with we would have been in a better situation.Kinda what Dillon promised to begin with before launching UK and pushing us to the side.

Just some sad exerts from the post in UK from Jolt by TG

"As such Utopia Kingdoms has become stagnant and repetitive with player numbers dropping significantly."

Isnt that all Jolt games?

"We would like to thank you all at this time for the input, comments and assistance you have provided on the boards. You have often provided answers where we have been unable to, showcasing your knowledge and understanding of the game and in turn building the community around it."

To bad they stopped doing that here and quit listening to the community totally
    The UK community had its own problems and the announcement covers that. As for your last comment - there has never been a point (when I've been about) that this community has not been listened to.

Sure sometimes we can't give you everything you ask for (given the limitations that are, mostly, above the community team) but we listen and respond when we can.

Gloating aside (it's sad that a community lost their game - however small the community may be) the reason I made this post is to reassure you all that Utopia is at no risk of closure.

Unless you all misbehave too badly. Then I might mess about with the 'Game Pause' and 'End of Age Date' admin panel sections...

Disclaimer: Please note that the 'Game Pause' and 'End of Age Date' admin panel sections may or may not exist.

Post Demon
    They were told everything that was wrong with UK, right from the start, when we were beta-testing it. They chose not to listen, and so all I can do now is laugh. Dylan doesn't know what he's doing. He's proving over and over again that he just got lucky the first time.

I remember all the suggestions, ideas, and generous decision to stick with the game. I remember the counter-posts by staff.
    'We'll forward this to the developers.'
    'Interesting idea. Will forward.'
    'Have highlighted the developers.'

None of it ever came to be, and now the game's dead. It sputtered out two months earlier than I predicted.

Sure got a lot of return on those £££, Dylan.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Oh, hey, while we're on it, whatever happened to the pipedream that's playboy manager, and when's nationstates2 set for a re-launch?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

try asking in those forums.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I would, but they don't have any.
    Oooooh, snap!

Thread Information