Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 49 Suggestions

kisame, I suppose you're right. Instead it should attack both kingdoms in the war, even things up a bit. (the percentages will be bigger for the bigger kingdom, help stop people unfairly picking on small kingdoms)

Good points also maia, killing it should yield an equally appropriate reward. 50% could be divided up among the kingdoms depending on where it spent the most time, while the other 50% could be divided depending on who put the most effort into killing it. If we go with multiple types of monster idea, then it could change the rewards too, magical monsters give magical bonuses, crashed ufo's give tech bonuses, etc. However, I think it should be the other way around, King Kong would be beaten by Godzilla after all, but I think multiple types of monsters might just be taking things a bit too silly.

I like the thief op leading the monster to a target idea too. Then a kingdom could choose to either play cooperatively and share in the bonuses for winning, or just be conniving and backstab the other island members. Combined with the attack bonus for working with another kingdom it would make for some cunning strategy, especially by the new lizardman race.

I agree that losing honor in ceasefire sucks. Its also near impossible to get it OOW. One bad loss and you can't get past knight or lord ever again. It makes it too easy to pick out TMs too. Just have to look for viscounts or higher.

The monster thing is completely retarded. Period. However, random dragons attacks would be neat, but they also need less duration. Most wars dont last a week.

Lizard man race is neat idea and I like undead, but not the turning off specs into elites through attacking. Also don't need gnomes "and" halflings. Especially since gnomes are typically more of an engineer/science race than a thief. 10/1 orcs also terrible idea. Already easy enough to ambush. Dwarves shouldn't have animate dead.

Maybe nerf MS just a tiny bit. It takes every ounce of income to minimize losses and leaves nothing to build land. It should cost slightly more runes and last slightly fewer days. Also would like to mystic vortex myself. Or make hospitals help lessen losses from MS. Maybe MS should kill a lot less people and also destroy buildings.

a thief version of explosions, steals some resources instead of just destroying it, thieves may be out there (TPA drop) waiting until as much stuff as they can carry is sent/received or until a max time is reached.

Post Fiend
    path back up your statment with numbers buddy. HEhe i am playing vs orcs right now my human = way stronger than your orcs in every way. Offensive Defense TPA i got 120 opa 60 dpa 5 tpa and 2.5 wpa with 2k bpa. Obviously you just see the province getting bigger but never acctually been one right now because when you get big its very expensive to explore. It why most those big cows you see are aided up by entire kds to get there numerous times.

1. Make Stealth and Mana a Modifier for success. Take 3 data average with two 100%

example: { 100% + 100% + ( Mana or Stealth ) } / 3

Results:

100% Mana = 100% Modifier
    50% Mana = 83.3% Modifier
    15% mana = 71.6% Modifier

2. Gains Modified by Network of Province AND Kingdom Net worth.

3. Increase Chaining defense with Attacker LOSS Modifier (ALM)

Example: Increase attackers losses +10% each attack reduced every 3 Udays.

Have a running Attackers LOSS Modifier which is always greater than 100% . If U were successfully broken Attacker LOSS Modifier is increase +10%. No attacks within 3 Udays -10%. Reduces if not attacked in 3 Udays.

4. Killing a Dragon gains 66,666 Food for Each Province. Dragon can be attacked with Villagers used as Soldiers.

5. Create a WAY to WIN A WAR. No need for the other side to Withdraw.

Example. Capture and HOLD +15% of Pre War Land for 24 Udays.
    Last edited by Wallfly; 30-11-2010 at 19:19. Reason: clarifiation

Suggestions / Balancing

I also like the detect magic spell! Or it could be a thief op of some kind

Balancing Issues:
    +50% gains reduced to 30% on orcs

Changes for fun:
    Elves:
    Remove +30% spell effectivness, and give access to all spells :D
    add double bonuses from honor

Avian:
    +150% birth rates

Dwarves:
    Increase BE bonus to 25%

Rogue:
    add -25% cost of training thieves

Bring back dragon soldier killing!
    My life is better then yours.

I suggest Meteors gets nerfed a bit. Sure there are some ticks when it does reasonable damage, and others where the damage isn't that much at all, but then there are ticks when you're losing huge percentages of troops! Plus, it lasts for sooooo long. The longest I've gotten chastity to work for was something like 3 or 4 hours, but I've had MS last against me for over 12 hours. I've been saying this about meteors for too long. It's such a strong spell that many kingdoms have abandoned other spells and only focus on MS (...ok, so that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you all know what I mean).

Also, I think that land gains should be diminished. Across the board. I'm not saying reduce them tons, but a significant reduction.

Would there be a way to integrate a war calculator to see the total land exchanged between two kingdoms? There have been several times when we've warred with an inexperienced kingdom who's leadership didn't grasp the concept of the explore pool being added to TMs.
    dz comin at ya

Post Fiend
    My goals for the following suggestions focus on big picture long term game success. This means bringing in more players, making it easier for players to compete (don't interpret ease of play, sorry but bottomfeeding doesn't equal skill), as well as making the game more enjoyable which in turn brings in more players (interpret: no bottom feeding)

Larger land gain penalties to a player who has been hit recently. I personally feel wars should be about whoever can fodder off each other for the largest gains. What fun is war to a player who got chained down to 200 acers? He is no longer able to play the game for at least a week!

Likewise, much larger land gain penalty to bottom feeders. Again, what fun is it to a player who is new, or trying to grow, when the top kingdoms can feed off the smaller ones? This is a game about competition, by allowing the top players to leech on the bottom 90% of the kingdoms, you are catering the game to the top 10% of the kingdoms, not the majority or to new players. No wonder few new players are joining this game? Bottom feeding also effectively removes a large portion of the competition for growth and power in this game. With stiffer penalties, it would force the big kingdoms to fight amongst themselves (as they should, who could disagree?), creating intense and competitive wars, and allow other kingdoms to catch up, increasing the competition and playability for everyone! Why do all the largest kingdoms have 1 or 2 wars, which are likely to be safety wars anyway!?

More drastic differences in races/personalities, more races/personalities. I won't go into specific changes because I look at the macro picture. More changes and choices equals more options for strategies which attracts interest to players, increasing the potential player base.

Finally the most drastic opinion... decrease kingdom size. The 25 province kingdom size worked fine back when 150,000 players were playing, but with 6,000, the size should be 10 or 15 players. This will help in at least the following areas:
    -More kingdoms will be in the same size of each other for wars.
    -More kingdoms will be able to assemble a powerful skilled player base.
    -It will be easier for kingdomates to bond and connect to one another.
    -Chaining won't have as drastic effects. Instead of 25 players ganging 1 player, worst case is 10 or 15 vs 1.
    -Individual players make a larger difference. Your kingdomates will rely on you, your damage will matter in the tide of the war.

Post Fiend
    Flicksand it more complicated then that but yes this goes to my post to eliminate fake wars and on how to do it. Basically making those alliance kds rely on themselves more and not allow them to run away from every losing fight which allows them to get so big in the first place. So in fact getting rid of the fake wars will eliminate alot of the top vs bottom problems. That is their safety net and it must be destroyed in order to bring about real change anything else is just fantasy.

Regular
    Nice. It's simple and makes failed attacks easy to find in overloaded newspapers. I like it.

Regular

Pimp simplicity

Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledTechie View Post
    ohhh boy, this is gonna be a ***** for me. lol
    I agree with Spoiled Techie. Why make radical changes??? Just take it easy and let the tool developers keep up.

I do believe that Elves and Gnomes are a little weak this age, so maybe just beef them up a little so that more people will want to use these Races.

Unique ICONs in NEWS for FAILED attacks - Great idea.

Unique icons for UNIQUE news - all for it.

Kingdom wide Honor bonuses

How about kingdom wide honor bonus? x amount of honor= +1%gains +2% science (or +5% magic) ect.

I haven't thought deeply about it or anything, but Instead of honor just affecting a province, the whole KD can get a boost. Obviously, you wouldnt want these perks to be the same category as the bonuses from a provinces honor.

Quote Originally Posted by carter View Post
    And, of course, the usual race balancing number tweaks.
    It would be nice to swap Gnome's Mystic bonus and DE' thievery bonus around. Give Gnome Invisibility spell and give DE Chastity spell. This would nicely restore Gnome's Thievery position and DE's Mystic position.
    Yes! I love that one. Would make DE more useful and desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by jay1 View Post
    giving elf the cast spells on kingdom mates would be awesome to have back. of course no dice or anything could be allowed. would be a nice bonus and level out give kingdoms incentive to run a few elfs.y
    That was one of my favs about the faerie race back in the day. Casting self-spells on KD-mates. :D I like this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debauchery View Post
    5. Bring back Crystal Ball and Crystal Eye , but also keep Spy on Throne and Snatch News .
    Why? They're basically the same. Crystal Ball = Spy on Throne, Crystal Eye = Snatch News. I don't think there's any reason to put those ops back to spells. Makes sense to have them with Spy on Military, Infiltrate, Spy on Sciences, and Survey that way all the intel gathering stuffs are together and can be done by the same race/pers/whatever.

Bringing in a whole new race might be fun. Like Centaurs or something. They could be more attacker oriented with some magical abilities maybe. *shrug* Just a new-ish suggestion.

Definitly decreasing kingdom size is a great idea. I think 17-20 is a good range. Its nice to have allies to send aid but its nearly impossible to find 25 active players. I don't think this game caters to the top 10% at all.

Its obvious people are leaving this game for Facebook games. We either need ads on Facebook or a Facebook version or link. Maybe at least more visuals. I don't need visuals and I hate Facebook, but I would still play.

Thread Information