Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: An honest discussion about the use of Homes

What? I get the vines jokes, 1/92 = .92 and each sci pt is worth .92 NW. I was talking about Ethan saying same thing, lol.
    S E C R E T S

Post Demon
    Ug, having to explain it kills it. I was just playing off Palem's response - claiming they were two ways of representing the same value. You've got the original right there - I was just saying "="... in English.

Not that it's that memorable - but my degree is in math and I work as a combination programmer and data analyst. (Aka, data ferret. Which gets old fast... but they keep switching which data I'm looking at so it's never too bad.) I'm not pulling a vines here - comic as that would have been for everyone else. I'm not sure I could unless I actively tried.
    (Not claiming I never say anything dumb/silly - just never *that* outlandish.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

I just don't remember you from the vines threads, so I wasn't sure YOU got the joke :P
    S E C R E T S

Banned
    Ethan do not be afraid of posting how you play. I know you feel that homes are powerful there is no need to feel that you need to hide your feeling about a subject. I hope this age last for much longer because I want to make it to the top. I only just start a province, however, I am good head-way with my province. This age there has been a lot of changes to the game. The change are very cool and make the game very fun to play. I will post a thread about the new changes after the age end. Just play your game and don't worry about what people say. I don't people try to knock me down for it, really, none of that stuff works because I know they are full of **** and wish they could be like me.

Update on happenings.

Well we won the war and our biggest attacker who runs 40% homes is doing great and we are going to another war again .
    Theres nothing wrong with high homes in the ghetto level, i would define a ghetto as any kingdom that is not bigger than 4 millions networth right now. I would encourage any ghetto player to try
    vines strat and other strats, do not do high dungeons, because dungeons and stables are crap, this are buildings that do not work.
    But homes rule, and instead of having buildings that modify offense and defense and all that crap, do homes instead, you will get more off points and defense with more army. Raw soldiers modify any number better than any building.

I dont know what wars you all fight but in mines people get fireballed like crazy and lose all their peasants.
    So if you had very high raw numbers, from way more soldiers and 80& draft and such, you will see that in the ghetto you need at least 4 mod wpa. Even without peasants you will be able to steal enough money so that your army gets back you can still attack over and over.

High homes rule

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    What? I get the vines jokes, 1/92 = .92 and each sci pt is worth .92 NW. I was talking about Ethan saying same thing, lol.
    That's my favorite quote from the original vines...

I wonder if that thread is still archived somewhere....
    S E C R E T S

Vines contact me if ur keen, cheers
    GOooOBDaAAaaAA!! YEEEHAAA!!

At start of age I only ran 8% homes but ending our last war got the urge to run more. I'm currently at 15% oow. I'm Dwarf/Sage. With science & stance I'm at 135% BE. 4 wpa protects me from FB. I have 1.5 tpa and 61% draft going to 65%
    Maybe my BE don't need to be so high but my 15%TG's are equal to 20% at 100 BE

Each home give's you 33 peasents plus the -25 jobs adding to your BE.

One thing that's been completely overlooked; I have also found that with more homes I need less farms. As farms are effected by BE and by actual workers. currently with 5.6 farms with FL on (and 70% sic bonus) I'm making a solid 8k more then eaten per hour. Way more then when I only had 8% homes.

Post Fiend
    I run 15% homes as well. I think, for the BE boost alone they are worth it. The extra 1.2 people per acre that 15% homes gives you is nice as well, as is the population growth boost (about 50%) for when you are fireballed and stuff.

The problem comes when you get crazy and try to run a lot of homes. 15% is ok ... I wouldn't go past 25%. 50% is really bad, and 100% is just idiotic. ;)

Come to think of it, 50% of any building is pretty horrible. Everything in moderation!

Thread Information