Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HoDF Age 10

HoDF Age 10

I don't want to start a debate about who everyone thinks the best player ever is! All your opinions are wrong unless you think it's me, in which case you are correct (/sarcasm)

Anyway... I remember hearing a story in the forums before OMAC took over about a province who reached CRAZY levels of honor, land, and NW. I *think* that it was Hel of Dim Forest, because I looked through the records and that one has the highest land ever, highest NW ever, and the highest NW/A ever (at over 1000 NW/A)

Now, she's (think it's a she) not the number 1 honor, but if I remember correctly it's because she got ganged up on 2 weeks before EOA. The rest of the top prov's started bouncing her until they could break her, and then took a lot of her land, and a huge amount of her honor.

the story, as I remember hearing it, went that in that age ever 500 points of honor gave you more bonuses. So HoDF stayed small, gained A LOT of honor all age long (from razing larger prov's since honor was gained that way) and then, once she was untouchable (from pop bonus from having close to a million honor), she started to hit for land. She reached close to (if not at) 100K acres, but then people started to bounce attack her with 1 troop (losses were messed up, and she lost full battle's worth of troops even though they sent 1 troop). Eventually, they were able to break her and she lost most of her honor and land.

Is anyone still around from the beginning of the game that can tell me if I'm thinking of the right player, or if I'm just crazy (quite possible I'm just crazy). I told this story in my Kingdom's tavern, but now I'm questioning how much, if any, is accurate. I know some points are, but I don't know if it's this province or not. The name isn't familiar, that's the main thing that's throwing me off...

I'm supposed to be studying for finals, but this is MUCH more fun!! haha

yhe something like that, dont remember exactly how it went down. But i think 2-3ppl addepted to her strat and caught up. and she dident hit up with razes, think she quad razed or trad and got honor from it and did like 12attacks per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragons Mate View Post
    I remember hearing a story in the forums...
    http://web.archive.org/web/200212231.../hv.age10.html
    Last edited by WolfDGrey; 08-12-2010 at 19:33.
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    My favorite story.

Stupid Mehul =[

Sweet! thanx for the link!

mehul's ex gf ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    not to be picky, but the wiki article misses some things, like the intentional bug and Mehul, plus uses as reference the original, from HoV Bookshelf, which I posted above :P
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

lol you are right ;)

i just googled hodf and put up the first link i found without reading it thoroughly :P

Post Fiend
    Pretty sure HoDF landropped to 50 acres OOP as well.....
    Last edited by mordon44; 09-12-2010 at 00:26.

I trust the link provided more than your post Mordon44. No offense to you, but the link makes much more sense! Somebody would have caught on pretty quick and raze-killed her!

Yeah, we were quick to kill the 50 acre provs in useless kd's at that time..

We didn't even kill "her" when she started gaining all that honor, I remember looking at the prov when it was 650 acres and had heaps of honor and was razing like mad and just thinking "lol". Go me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    mehul's ex gf ;)
    Sid's ex.
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Post Demon
    That was pretty well known. IIRC there was a province recently in Genesis which surpassed HoDF's land/nw, due to the extremely long length of age.

It was after this that various changes were made to the honor system, including a cap of bonuses at Prince/Princess rank and the removal of honor gains from raze and other non-landgaining attacks.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Pretty sure that was Jdorje on the last Genesis age when you could buy science with the ridiculous Human/Sage setup.

Thread Information