Thread: A Question About Defensive Losses

A Question About Defensive Losses

OK, I have a question about defensive losses: How are they calculated? I don't need a formula or anything, but a KD mate of mine and I hit a province back to back and we got widely different kills on it (but oddly enough he ended up killing more peasants/thieves/wizards.) I think that I remember someone saying a while back that it was based on the enemy's home defense, so I'm including the MO sent on each hit (Mine was a 3% over send not sure about the other)

V My hit V
    Your forces arrive at enemy province (X:Y). A tough battle took place, but we have managed a victory! Your army massacred 962 peasants, thieves, and wizards!
    We lost 259 Knights and 229 horses in this battle.
    We killed about 1,302 enemy troops.
    Our forces will be available again in 11.98 days (on June 17 of YR2).

56K MO

V KD mate's hit V
    Your forces arrive at enemy province (X:Y). A tough battle took place, but we have managed a victory! Your army massacred 1,002 peasants, thieves, and wizards!
    We lost 61 Warriors, 130 Berserkers and 86 horses in this battle.
    We killed about 417 enemy troops.
    Our forces will be available again in 10.67 days (on June 16 of YR2).
    52k offense.

We're both Sage personality, he's Dwarf and I'm Human (obviously from the attack info.)
    Enemy is a Gnome/Tactician, and as far as I know those were the only recent hits on this province, haven't the stealth to snatch news, but those are the only 2 from our KD anyhow.
    Enemy ~ 1K acres and 145K NW before my attack
    My province ~ 620 acres 112K NW
    KD mate ~ 780 acres 129K NW
    Also, both KDs are in Aggressive stance. My hit was normal relations, his was in UF, don't know if that matters.

Anyhow, I thought that it was strange to see kills go from 1.3K to only 400 after just 1 hit. I don't think that it was from GBP from any other unknown hits since his kills in peasants and such actually was higher than mine...

Post Demon
    Did the guy have soldiers when you hit him? Also, how much time between the hits? Could be he had tw up at first, but not on the 2nd hit. Losses are a % of the troops defending, and I think they vary depending on relative nw too (at least bottom feeding causes less losses for the target, but I'm not sure about topfeeding). Shouldn't matter how much you oversend, because a system based on how much you send would be too abusable.

It was same tic for both hits. Might have been TW on and someone MV'd her before the second attack, but if that was the case then no one mentioned it on our forums. If it was TW then I guess that my massacre was twice as effective ;) I don't think that she had very many soldiers, but unfortunately I don't have a CB saved of her and I've already updated hers in my archive and on Pimp.

June 5 of YR2 Me (X:Y) killed 962 people within Enemy (X:Y).
    June 5 of YR2 KD Mate Domain (X:Y) killed 1,002 people within Enemy (X:Y).
    *edit* Well, I feel like an idiot for not seeing the obvious. Just hit up the guy that made the hit and he did MV TW off of him before his attack, so those 800 extra kills were all peasants. Whoops.
    Last edited by Ordray; 04-01-2011 at 14:08.

Thread Information