Thread: 0% guilds = 1 hour duration spells?

0% guilds = 1 hour duration spells?

If I were to not run any guilds in a war, would my offensive spells only last an hour?

I realize I won't be able to cast self spells at all, and the duration of the offensive spells will be shortened, but will it go all the way down to just 1 hour long?

I realize this is easy to test out, especially since I'm a dorf and could have easily razed all my guilds, ran the test, then rebuilt them, but I haven't yet and we're about to enter a war. I don't want to raze a bunch of guilds if it will lower my offensive spell duration to 0-1 hours

it lowers it to the min of each spell not sure what that is but 1 hour sounds likely.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Dunno if it's 1 on all spells, but it might be on the offensive ones. It's not 1 on all self spells however.

if nobody knows, I'll have to conduct an experiment after this war is over

0 guilds will give you an awfully low chance of self-spells succeeding. Easiest way to try this out is to wait until next age and then pick DE so you can try come casting with 0 guilds during freeze time and then reset to whatever combination you actually want to play :)
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Forum Addict
    Just throw fireballs.. problem solved. :)

I was DE/mystic this age. At the start of the age I could cast self-spells but it was much hard to succeed. I only cast builders boom and PAT i don't think i got a 1 hour duration but i did us all my mana to get those two. now i really fail self spells running 20% at 75% BE

I know self spells aren't 1 hour without guilds, but I'm wondering about offensive spells. Would there be any difference?

duration based offensive spells would have their duration greatly reduced.

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...tion_of_Spells
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |

0% guilds defenitely doesn't give 1h offensive spells for sure. that wiki stuff sounds pretty ok to me.

so i finally did the experiment:

Your wizards gather 1,187 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. Storms will ravage XXXXX (XX:XX) for 5 days!
    Your wizards gather 1,484 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. A drought will reign over the lands of XXXXX (XX:XX) for 5 days!
    Your wizards gather 1,929 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. Our mages have caused our enemy's soldiers to turn greedy for 4 days.
    Your wizards gather 2,671 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. Explosions will rock aid shipments to and from XXXXX (XX:XX) for 6 days!

I had 0% guilds during these spells. They aren't 1 hour duration spells, but they are drastically diminished. Obviously the minimum length of time for offensive spells.

greed is 4h, storms too i think.

I was orc with 0 guilds
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Regular
    0% guilds, good luck to you even trying to cast MP

hes talking about offensive spells though, not self spells.

Thread Information