Thread: Rune Production WAY down.

Rune Production WAY down.

Hey.. I'm at 1000 acres and have 15% towers, 110% BE and 80% rune science.

How am I only producing 1800 runes an hour??! What do I need to run to get back the cost of casting spells? 25% towers?! I seem to remember rune production being a lot higher relative to the cost of spells.

Towers produce 12 runes each so you should produce 3240 runes/hour with 150 towers and 80% sci

edit:
    I just calculated my own rune production. 43 towers + 51.6% sci should produce 43 * 12 * 1.516 = 782 runes/hr but i only produce 624. It seems my 80.0 BE is taken into account when it shouldn't.
    Last edited by Landro; 17-02-2011 at 06:07.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky75 View Post
    Hey.. I'm at 1000 acres and have 15% towers, 110% BE and 80% rune science.

How am I only producing 1800 runes an hour??! What do I need to run to get back the cost of casting spells? 25% towers?! I seem to remember rune production being a lot higher relative to the cost of spells.
    You are not producing 1800 - half of them decayed.

Runes Produced 3,330 runes
    Runes Decayed 1,589 runes

Looks fine to me.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Bishop, can you comment on the numbers I posted? I always thought towers were unaffected by BE but this seems not to be the case. (I only list the produced number of runes)

This HC:
    43 towers * 12 runes/tower * (100 + 47.9)/100 from sci = 763 runes/hour
    yet I only produced 607 runes (606 net change because 1 rune decayed)
    I'm Shep. The difference can again be explained by being affected by my 79.8 BE (with a small rounding difference)
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

BE affects the runes produced - towers aren't affected by Declining Building Efficiency, maybe thats what you are thinking of?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

I thought rune production from towers worked like the capacity boost from homes, stable capacity and dungeon space. All of which are unaffected by BE.

It would give Elves a moderate boost if towers weren't affected by BE.

Nah, towers are flat rate - not capacity.

Here are the relevant wiki entries

Building Efficiency affects all Flat-Rate and Percentage-Based buildings.
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...ing_Efficiency

Capacity Buildings - These buildings simply create space for you, and are not impacted by efficiency
    issues. Homes, for example, provide additional space for peasants.

Flat Rate Buildings - This type of building provides a set amount of a particular resource. These
    buildings need many employees to be fully effective. An example is a Tower which creates a set
    number of runes each day.

Percentage-based Buildings - The majority of Utopian buildings are percentage-based. These buildings
    provide an effect based on the portion of your land covered by it. For example, having 10% of your
    land as Banks will increase your income by a certain percentage. Like flat-rate buildings, these
    also require employees to provide full effects. In addition, each additional building you construct
    will be less effective. The numbers listed in this section would be for the first building you
    construct. Your Internal Affairs Advisor will help you to understand the benefits of your land.
    Unless otherwise specified, these buildings have a maximum effect of 25 times the number listed
    below. With normal building efficiency, this maximum is reached by dedicating 50% of your land to
    that building.

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...s_of_Buildings

I guess you're right, but I seem to remember being able to produce a lot more with the same stats in ages past, even with rune decay. Maybe I'm just forgetting things though. Please close/delete the thread then :)

rune production is unchanged, but glad this is resolved. thread closed

Thread Information