Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TM a Prov with "HOSTILE" in KD Name

TM a Prov with "HOSTILE" in KD Name

So, is it dishonorable to do a land grab on a province who is in a Kingdom that is going hostile? What's the protocol? Are attackers supposed to ignore ripe provinces because their KD name has "hostile @!#$" in the title?

I think it's just part of the game - if your province is exposed, whether going into hostile or not, it's fair game.

What do the elders say?

Grab a Snatch News and make sure they are actually hostile, but yes it's a ***** move to hit into hostile kingdoms, and you shouldn't do it.
    S E C R E T S

If they are hostile it would be considered unsporting to hit them.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

There are no official rules against hitting people from a kingdom tagged as hostile. It's more like a gentleman's agreement that not everybody respects or knows about.

My kingdom is never tagged as hostile, mostly to avoid people looking for easy opportunities.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Hit them if you want.

This isn't 'Nam, there are rules. If you hit into my hostile, Palem my friend, you are entering a world of pain. A world of pain.

HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY?! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT THE RULES?!?
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You're over the line DH

Generally, a rule only applies if a kingdom can enforce it. If you are superior, all of these other kingdoms' acres technically belong to you anyway. Youre just redistributing them.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I like the redistribution of acres idea...very Communist - this is after all a social(ist) game.

So the only rule against hitting into a KD going hostile is merely an unspoken agreement between provinces. I can abide by that...mostly. I would still say, even though this game is played in Kingdoms, that a province needs to be able to stand on its own. Is it my fault you overextended yourself during hostilities and have left your province vulnerable? Hostile KD's sometimes make the best targets - they often have armies out and don't usually retal (immediately, anyway).

Still, I understand that every game needs good sportsmanship (even if all do not follow). I suppose that I will stay out of KD's that say hostile and a snatch news reveals that to be a hostile KD. But, I can't stand KD's that put "Hostile STFO" in their KD name. I see that as assuming that I'm a bad sport and would hit into hostile and therefore I will meet those low expectations they've set for me.

It's the equivalent to walking into someone else's 1 on 1 fight and punching one in the face. Of course you can, but you are still an asshole, and at some point someone is going to teach you a lesson.

Saying it's the responsibility of the province to not be vulnerable is an asinine statement. If a kingdom is in a retal war, they will naturally become weaker than other provinces who are not in conflict. There is no avoiding that.
    Last edited by DHaran; 02-03-2011 at 18:04.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    It's the equivalent to walking into someone else's 1 on 1 fight and punching one in the face. Of course you can, but you are still an asshole, and at some point someone is going to teach you a lesson.
    Presuming they can. It's not like he's jumping into an alliance affair or something.

That's what I'm saying, you can do it, and probably get away with it in most cases. But eventually you will either get razed to hell by someone, or someone will hit into your hostile and you'll see why it's not cool. It's just bad form.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Saying it's the responsibility of the province to not be vulnerable is an asinine statement. If a kingdom is in a retal war, they will naturally become weaker than other provinces who are not in conflict. There is no avoiding that.
    Not asinine at all. My statement was that provinces tend to overextend themselves during hostility - the temptation of larger land grabs will them to do so - and therefore leave themselves vulnerable. If they are not responsible for that, then who is?

I think, however, we still agree - it may be bad form. However, bad form or not, it is a tactic to strengthen your station while others are occupied elsewhere (until you so eloquently said "get razed to hell".

But I still have a problem with KDs putting "STFO" in their names - I see that as an invitation to be bad.

There is no such thing as "overextending" yourself if you are acting in the best interest of the kingdom and it's war plan. That's the whole point, you should be able to act within your conflict and only worry about the consequences within that conflict, not some nublet from some ghetto seeing easy land and hitting into your ongoing fight. In my eyes it is absolutely no different than hitting into an actual war, except the game has mechanics to prevent from happening as often. A lot of conflicts never go to war, but they are still conflicts, and should be left alone until the resolution between the kingdoms involved.

STFO is gay tho, a lot of times it's kingdoms like that who are tagging hostile and are not really hostile.
    S E C R E T S

Whats gay that people think that Hostile tag is some universal thing that keeps out everyone else.

Thread Information