Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OOW Raze Completely Overpowered

Post Fiend

OOW Raze Completely Overpowered

PROVINCE A Hitting Province B

Province A 3.5 TIMES BIGGER THEN PROVINCE B

Province B looses 14% Of total land on 3 razes (with 15-20% GS as well)

Bit Overpowered no? You can't even topfeed on someone that much bigger than you, if you do you get 1% land gain. Whacked out if you ask me

Post Demon
    But the attacking province got 0% land gained. So the little guy somehow has ticked off the big guy enough to just start beating on him without any gain for himself - and it only hurts as bad as a slightly topfeeding TM. Not seeing how you can justify it doing less damage that someone your size when it is for *spite*, not gain.

In general, ticking someone off till they spite you when they are 3.5 times your size is called dumb. (Or Iraq.) Either way, you gotta ask about the wisdom of the person leading them.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

what did iraq ever do to anyone? thats a terrible analogy. they were invaded by the US terrorists for no real reason at all except to make money through the weapons production and subsequent rebuilding.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    They ticked Bush off enough to have him make us spite them, at no gain to ourselves. (I know Bush didn't see it that way.) In almost no way is the US benefiting from being trapped in there [no gain], and SH had clearly been at least sometimes baiting the US [ticking someone off]. He knew if we got serious there was no hope [size difference].

I should note, it's mostly a joke, with an edge of course. If I really wanted a deep debate on it, I'd have posted in the politics. Regardless of your actual beliefs - for the duration of the joke, pretend the war was unjustified and unproductive and done only out of spite.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    when your are in a hostile with a bigger kingdom and not to mention a kingdom that has a bank (4 mill NW prov and up) he's not going to TM for 5 acres when he gonna destroy a thousand in three hits, point is even if he's not gaining land he is doing more damage or the SAME amoun as a regular TM would be on someone the provs size, and doing it multiple times, provicne b can't even gain that land back with a max acre TM on a perfect sized province. It's out of balace.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    That's your fault for getting yourself into a hostile position like that.

Post Fiend
    So getting waved by a bigger kingdom is your own fault? lol, that makes sense. Well when we are out of this one we will do the same BS to one of the kds allies and you will see more complaints about how raze needs a tweak. If your getting razed by a prov you size, even one up to 100% bigger those gains are justified. But a prov over 350% bigger, no

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Then that's not in a hostile...

Post Fiend
    right. we had no relations towards them, so it's even more overpowered then. lol. My point exactly. not to mention the kingdom is almost 65% bigger.

Post Fiend
    ok just so you have an idea how rediculously overpowered raze is.. in 13 hours of game-time in OOW hostile, I have lost 2,400 acres to 8 razes, near 27% of my overall land, from 1 province over 3.5 X my NW. unheard of, So that means I can and will probably loose near 50% of my land size in just over 1 day from 1 atacker doing OOW razes, gangbang protection obviously doens't do crap either, never seen anything so rediculously in need of tweaking.
    Last edited by Purplehaze; 05-03-2011 at 14:43.

2500 acres damn

It soounds like you needed bank killers, i always wondered, are bank killers provinces with 200 mod opa? so that htey cn suicide on the banks? or what the hell is a bank killer like?

Post Fiend
    I could break him back and may be able too when my troops are home, but the problem is. I couldn't do 1/20the amount of damage to him he does to me. A TM on him would be for a pathetic 50-100 acres max and he has 27,000 acres. That's just one excample of how topfeed protection makes a larger province invincible to smaller provs. What are you suppose to do in these situations? Or does it like I say, need some tweaking here..

You could raze him back.
    Or, you know, simply avoid making stupidly large kingdoms hate on you.

Any time spent razing ghettos is time not spent gaining acres.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    You could raze him back.
    Or, you know, simply avoid making stupidly large kingdoms hate on you.

Any time spent razing ghettos is time not spent gaining acres.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehaze
    Well when we are out of this one we will do the same BS to one of the kds allies and you will see more complaints about how raze needs a tweak.
    You're not helping your cause.

Thread Information