Thread: RAZE vs March ?

Question RAZE vs March ?

What are the difference ?

I think RAZE should effect 25% more land ?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Depends on a few things.

If you're in war Raze is a completely different attack than if you aren't.

Either way, 90% of the time, the answer is TM.

raze is nw independent with regards to attack times isnt it?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Not sure. You should ask Arni =]

Wink

raze is nw independant, yes.

Just some things from a random paper ;-).

First 4 hits on target B.

A invaded B and razed 457 acres of land.
    A invaded B and razed 378 acres of land.
    A invaded Band razed 315 acres of land.
    A invaded B and razed 263 acres of land.

A) 4,7 million networth and 27.000 acres.
    B) 1.6 million networth and 8.000 acres

No attack time penalty. Heavy acre damage. Basicly a KD OOR can kill anyone they feel like with razes and the opposing KD cant do a thing back. This is what we been doing the last week. But when target is getting to small and he is GB protected you can only raze 15 acres max. It does never go below this. Its hard to kill someone but it is doable to put people in vacation mode at least.

Second example:

A invaded C and razed 151 acres of land.
    A invaded C and razed 124 acres of land.
    A invaded C and razed 104 acres of land.
    A invaded C and razed 87 acres of land.

A) 4,7 million networth and 27k acres
    C) 450k networth and around 3500 acres.

This is not fiction. Raze is great!

If you want more accurate intel about raze go find it out for yourself ;-).
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Demon
    raze is good for doing damage out of your nw range, thats pretty much all its good for.

in relation to all that simians/vengence bussines (logs were a real laugh btw, I bet there was some foam and spit on some1's monitor^^) I dont think its overpowered. Loosing 25% land to 8 atack's is hardly owepowered when I can easily doubletap some1 in good nw range for that. While it sux to be on the receiving end big boys oughta have game mechanics that allows them to kick small people arround.
    It works both ways anyhow ... if haze had the guts he could have razed back when he had the chance for massive acres.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    raze is good for doing damage out of your nw range, thats pretty much all its good for.

in relation to all that simians/vengence bussines (logs were a real laugh btw, I bet there was some foam and spit on some1's monitor^^) I dont think its overpowered. Loosing 25% land to 8 atack's is hardly owepowered when I can easily doubletap some1 in good nw range for that. While it sux to be on the receiving end big boys oughta have game mechanics that allows them to kick small people arround.
    It works both ways anyhow ... if haze had the guts he could have razed back when he had the chance for massive acres.
    Haze sent his armies out for 19h. He should learn how important attack time is imo ;-).
    And i must say a doubletapp in the range Haze was is not easy to find. Nothing that will get him near those acres without getting retaliated hard for it. There is no such targets in that size. You will never walk away with it. Especially not if you are in that KD. If you are smaller you will however have the targets to get acres back by TM, but also most likely a worse attack time. Raze is something we have used effectively early age when hitting "killers". Raze can be used more then in one way for sure. Haze however had no chance. He would never been able to break our bank either. Only reason our bank sent x4 on him was because he sent out for 19h. He would never had the bank open for a retal otherwise. We are not that dumb. We think before we act, Haze does not.

But it is interesting how strong raze is when hitting OOR on killers early age. Just trying to point something out here for the future age. People way to often just let the killers grow away when there are easy ways to hurt them.

But when bottomfeeding and making razes it is truly overpowered. Because we can find targets to raze that has no chance of breaking us back even with our armies out. We just killed another two provinces in HaJ tonight by razes. What are they going to do? They can hardly break ANYONE of us. While we just can keep razing. And if they hit back they give us relations.

Imo raze is overpowered, it should only have that effect in hostile vs hostile situations. Or even in war relations only.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Post Demon
    I was under impression he had the chance to break bank back from his posts.

I still think raze in its curent form is neaded tho, its pretty much the only way much bigger KD can hurt smaller oponent atm. Sure much smaller guy cant do much about it but if that is the case its kinda the way things oughta be. Would be silly for a ie 30M kd not to be eable to do anything to a 10M kd.

Could even lead to apsurd situations where botom tier of top KD can easily get overwhelmed in 5to1 battle while their big kdmates cant do anything but kill some troops and send out aid which wont help heavily overpopulated province anyway.

Guess moving land destoryed to hostile/war could be solution, raze in war really sucks atm anyway. Having to chain down to 10% original land to prevent creating squads of pure off suiceders who end up just trading acres is annoying imo.

edit:
    dt comment was more in relations to damage done comparision and not as a way to bounce back from the razes. 4 times bigger oponent spent a lot of troops and dedicated full day of atack times to do same damage he would suffer from 2 tm's from a right nw range attacker. Sounds good to me.
    Last edited by citadela01; 10-03-2011 at 18:21.

Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    I was under impression he had the chance to break bank back from his posts.

I still think raze in its curent form is neaded tho, its pretty much the only way much bigger KD can hurt smaller oponent atm. Sure much smaller guy cant do much about it but if that is the case its kinda the way things oughta be. Would be silly for a ie 30M kd not to be eable to do anything to a 10M kd.

Could even lead to apsurd situations where botom tier of top KD can easily get overwhelmed in 5to1 battle while their big kdmates cant do anything but kill some troops and send out aid which wont help heavily overpopulated province anyway.

Guess moving land destoryed to hostile/war could be solution, raze in war really sucks atm anyway. Having to chain down to 10% original land to prevent creating squads of pure off suiceders who end up just trading acres is annoying imo.

edit:
    dt comment was more in relations to damage done comparision and not as a way to bounce back from the razes. 4 times bigger oponent spent a lot of troops and dedicated full day of atack times to do same damage he would suffer from 2 tm's from a right nw range attacker. Sounds good to me.
    Yes, you are correct when i think about it.

And yes, Purplehaze sent out for 19h and then claimed he could break our bank that had raze return on his army. He never had a chance to break our bank <---
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Hi!

When you say that raze attack time is nw independent, do you mean that if when i open the war room, and because of size difference it says that it will take 25 days , that is a lie?

If i then raze a province when it says that it will take 25 days, will it take the normal 14.4 hours instead for different island attacks, and 12.4 for same island?

So my advisors in the war room should be beheaded then.

If raze attack is like this, does massacre work this way too? I know for a fact that plunders dont work like this.

I am unfortunately at war so I cant test this things right now.

We have destroyed 3 kingdoms with the raze strategy.

we fist send a dragon and then chain raze 2 of their main provinces, then maybe a 3rd one.
    Raze has proven for us to be a complete ACE . We have yet to try massacres before war.

Even though we have used raze so often, i never noticed the attack times thing.

Ive used a lot of massacre and raze in the wars and raze seems far superior to massacre . It destroys more buildings and cripples the enemy faster than massacre. I normaly do a combo of raze and massacre. And then take the land .

Sometimes i trad march a lot first, but they always seem to keep retaling, and the only way to make it stop is to fireball their pezzies , massacre , raze them, and then just overgrow them taking their land.

This is of course in the little ghetto and it cant be compared with the elite things that you are talking about, it be like comparing stones with nukes. But in stone age it works .

Thread Information