Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that the final changes are out

Regular

Now that the final changes are out

How would you rate each race, from best to worst, as an attacker (you can exclude Faery)?

Post Fiend
    Dwarf and Orc or Orc and Dwarf are tied in first place.

Dwarf with the ability to be a great Hybrid attacker.
    Orc with the uber Off lite and gains bonuses

Avian and Undead or Undead and Avian are tied in second place.

Both are formidable. The only deciding factor for putting Undead in 3rd is because it's going to take an experienced player to take advantage of the Undeads. Converting lites is what I'm referring to. Avians will be good for newer players.

Elf is in 3rd/4th

They have a great magic ability and should be more than capable of creating a good attacking base through the use of magic.

Halfling obviously 4th/5th

They have a mid ground lite tied with elf in offense, but they're gonna take heavier losses than the elf when attacked.

Faery...so sad it is....
    -I.C Weiner "And don't say something dumb about how my post has contributed to the thread because I am aware that it hasn't! "
    Put him back into the cryogenic freeze chamber, someone!

Human says hi
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I'd say:
    Avian>=Orc
    Orc nicest off, best gains, buffed def make a bit more formidable but now much harder to maintain Off in war (OOW just plunder and plunder...). Whereas Avian have the most gc efficient elite Imo, with fastest attack times can outhit anything pretty much although loss of ambush sucks and -30% BR can be counterbalanced with homes, (with the right personality you can fit some homes in...)

Dwarf=Human
    After gaining back that Gen, Dwarf are quite solid again though its probably best to couple them with shepherd if u can't manage bushels well (a starving prov hurts). Humans are solid attackers too although they have dumb ospecs and after losing +1 dspec they arent as strong as they used to be. Still can reach over 100opa easy but harder if you want to make any use of that thievery bonus. But hu merchant ftlulz~~

Elf
    Only one of the worst elites for the age but otherwise decent bonuses. Can still pull off a semi-decent A/m (82-85opa, 40dpa army out, with (2.5-4 raw) 5-6 mod WPA, 2 raw TPA on my calcs) which is decent for casting PF and FB on enemy attackers/fatties along with all the other spells (storm, greed etc.) or a/M.

Undead
    Suicide+Suicide+Suicide+Suicide all age long to keep up elites. Only active (+in decent kds) provs are gonna be able to bring them to their maximum capabilities. Just chain when army home. Most people are gonna fall flat on their face if they don't know what their doing

Halfling
    Played one this age, definitely got some better boosts, cheap theives, full elite army but i still have problem with their sendable Offence. Best utilized as an a/T or suicider ftl.

Faery
    Conquest then TM for free land

*DISCLAIMER* These are all base on my opinions and assumptions. Biases do exist (some races are just THAT much more better for some reason :P)
    Last edited by Palar; 22-03-2011 at 10:44.
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

I'd have to say BEST attacker considering nothing else would be Orc, Avian, Human, Dwarf, Undead, Halfling, Elf

More practical: Avian, Human, Orc, Undead, Dwarf, Elf & Halfling tied
    Even without ambush immunity Avians I feel are better for A/_ then humans, but not much at all.
    I feel the -20% effectiveness T/M for orc is going to make them big targets for any A/t Human/Avian and with a good player undead will be better than dwarf, WITH A GOOD PLAYER
    Elf uses magic to cripple then strike, halfling uses stealth to cripple than stirke.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Orc
    Avian/Human
    Halfling/Dwarf
    Elf/Undead

Post Fiend
    orc
    dwarf
    human/avian
    undead/elf

Orc
    Avian/Human
    Dwarf
    Undead
    Elf/Halfer
    Last edited by Ordray; 22-03-2011 at 17:20. Reason: forgot halfer
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    People are aware that Halfers are alive and well right? lol

Its interesting to see that people rate things differently. For example most people like Orc, but they are still so easy to ambush they have to anon, or go warrior (and still be ambushed). Some people completely disregard undeads, who have a potential convert rate (under ideal conditions) of 20% and elves who still have excellent bonuses, despite the weak elite.

will be fun to see how the age progresses.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Math, with some assumptions:

Fixed NW (build+sci+pes) 73
    PopSci 15%
    Off/Def ratio 65% 35%
    Target PPA 8
    Target rWPA (after race) 1
    Target rTPA (after race) 1

Undead don't suffer sci penalty to magic/thievery. (It's too hard to calc that without even more arbitrary assumptions).

_____________MPNW______%Max
    Faery______0.588511173____84%
    Elf (cur)____0.620155039____88%
    Dwarf______0.637115025____91%
    Halfer______0.64831059_____92%
    UD 50/50___0.649651972____93%
    Elf (4.5NW)_0.664819945____95%
    Human_____0.672720652____96%
    Avian______0.674252002____96%
    Undead____0.690537084____98%
    Orc_______0.701325527___100%

Those assumptions can, and will, vary wildly even for a pure attacker. Note the fixed 8 ppa - that's gonna take human further than UD for sure when it comes to income, but dwarf has them both with the free build. No number can capture all of that complexity, even within the limited scope of pure attackers.

My personal power rankings for pure attacker war races:
    Avian
    Orc
    Human
    Dwarf
    Undead
    Faery
    Elf
    Halfling
    Last edited by Ethan; 22-03-2011 at 18:47. Reason: Fix WPA from mod to raw after race. (rarWPA?)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

if only I was gonna play, and you dumb noobs would be in my range. Easy farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    People are aware that Halfers are alive and well right? lol
    very much so but with no hospitals and lower leet power I felt other races to better attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Its interesting to see that people rate things differently. For example most people like Orc, but they are still so easy to ambush they have to anon, or go warrior (and still be ambushed). Some people completely disregard undeads, who have a potential convert rate (under ideal conditions) of 20% and elves who still have excellent bonuses, despite the weak elite.

will be fun to see how the age progresses.
    I don't think we like orc, just know it to be very good, if not best attacker. combine things like you mentioned though, other races would be the ones we like

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooah View Post
    very much so but with no hospitals and lower leet power I felt other races to better attackers.
    Right, and you listed them. Others did not.

Thread Information