Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Undead attacker build

How bout you UD guys give me a button oop?, or perhaps a week later whenever you have enough leets converted.

Put it to the test.

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    How bout you UD guys give me a button oop?, or perhaps a week later whenever you have enough leets converted.

Put it to the test.
    Horses for courses. Undeads may suit their requirements fine.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

what do you want UD for if not for warring? ill be in their range oop, and their sci penalty only makes them relatively weaker over time.

Enthusiast
    Dude wants to play UD in a non-warring KD. Give him a break. There are better choices for him, but he likes the race apparently. Figured that he could neglect hospitals and just pay to rebuild the dspecs on the odd attacks against him. Although, if he's large enough it can be fairly expensive so he should probably consider either armouries, hospitals or a combo of both.

Post Demon
    guy wants to have ud in ghetto and dosnt plan to war ... why does there has to be a goal to it other than fun ? If thats what works for him why question it ...

If you will not war than you dont need tpa other than for basic intel gathering, you dont need strong wpa, you dont need personalities that excel in wars, you dont need hosps cause you will not get chained oow, you only need basic economy since you will not get depopulated.
    Blend all that together and pretty much any high off/high gs strat will work.

@avenger
    why would he run 0 science province ? Even with -20% efectivnes he still needs science. And not like lone undead can grow big in ghetto, he is doomed to trading acres anyway and want to keep his elites out whenever possible.
    I'd just grow to reasonable size and trade acres till I reach deacent elite % than turn to learns and slow growth.

Director of Age Changes
    Sure, he will get some sci. But it won't improve his condition too much with that strat. 100bpa in everything will give him what... 8% BE and 6opa? Avians/orcs will double tap him with everything home anyway. I don't find UD to be a good choice for "non-warring".
    Last edited by Avenger; 24-03-2011 at 22:32.

Post Demon
    I dont either. He didnt asked what race best suits his playing style tho. Given his description that's what I would use. Undead not planing to war ... there only so much you can do with that really.

That's obviously not what I will use for a war strat, but something similar for randoming OOP. Can you be givin the button for a 1 vs 5 war, or do you speak for your whole KD (against a group of random people commenting/helping someone with a strat)?

Regular
    Yeah, I play for fun. This game doesn't interest me enough to get all srs bsnss about it. Generally whenever I get to 2k acres, I get bored and reroll or just stop playing until the next age. I want to play UD because I have fond memories of playing it back in the day (I played it right before the change where attacking turned troops into elites, so I never got to experience what that's like). I honestly don't know why some of you are so up-tight about this game. If I were this anal about something, I'd honestly have trouble enjoying it. Sometimes work =/= fun. And with those kind of posts targeted at a "casual" player, it's no wonder the game is having trouble getting new players.
    Last edited by Smurfling; 25-03-2011 at 06:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfling View Post
    Yeah, I play for fun. This game doesn't interest me enough to get all srs bsnss about it. Generally whenever I get to 2k acres, I get bored and reroll or just stop playing until the next age. I want to play UD because I have fond memories of playing it back in the day (I played it right before the change where attacking turned troops into elites, so I never got to experience what that's like). I honestly don't know why some of you are so up-tight about this game. If I were this anal about something, I'd honestly have trouble enjoying it. Sometimes work =/= fun. And with those kind of posts targeted at a "casual" player, it's no wonder the game is having trouble getting new players.
    I think it's great smurfling. play it casual and have fun, Im interested how the undead work but going into a warring kd and not having full grasp on undead mechanics I'd rather stick to something I can manage. PM me with how things go. :)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooah View Post
    I think it's great smurfling. play it casual and have fun, Im interested how the undead work but going into a warring kd and not having full grasp on undead mechanics I'd rather stick to something I can manage. PM me with how things go. :)
    Will-do!

well if your plan is to play UD and not war and arse around in a ghetto, then id revert to my first statement: terrible strategy, in fact, its not strategy at all, you can just run whatever the hell you like, if you don't intend to do anything or compete for anything with it you might as well fap to pictures of zombies.

What about this built ?

Undead Cleric
    15% hospitals
    30% watchtowers
    20% TG
    15% Guilds
    10% Banks
    5% Dungeons
    5% towers....

Forum Addict
    I'd go high homes with whatever personality that combines best with it.

U need higher ppa/dpa to prevent or reduce the risk from being bottom fed and UD can afford all the homes in the world.

Heck i think if you stay small sage may be the best race even with your penalties. You'll get passive bpa over the long run at the same size that is massive. And UD has superb econ you'll probably be able to pump science without any issues.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Sure, he will get some sci. But it won't improve his condition too much with that strat. 100bpa in everything will give him what... 8% BE and 6opa? Avians/orcs will double tap him with everything home anyway. I don't find UD to be a good choice for "non-warring".
    Assuming he stays small, he will have more than 100bpa in every category it's not unlikely to break 200bpa.

Thread Information