Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Faery Attacker Thief

Quote Originally Posted by DAMHUS KROEN View Post
    No. there was no penalty on pop for faeries that age. Here is the guide from age 31. http://guides.thedragonportal.eu/31/

/[/url]
    You cant compare those ages, look at the elite numbers.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

elites were 3/6 and costed 1300GCs as far as I remember? So they have strengthen and become cheaper.
    Anyways... Fairys used specs for defense & offense - and didnt convert defense into elite untill mid-age, when upper hand had been achieved.

in that age the strongest elite you have was a 7 pointer on one race. Now you commonly have 7/8/9 point elites so it is not the same comparison you are making.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

And while the def elite is relatively weaker than age 31-32 faeries (1 7 off race, 1 8 off untrainable elite race) than the current races (2 9's, 2 8's, 1 7), what makes faeries bad at attacking is precissely... that in those ages, having a 5 off spec wasnt that bad, as 6 was the top for 6/8 attackers, and now 6 is top for only 2 races.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    And while the def elite is relatively weaker than age 31-32 faeries (1 7 off race, 1 8 off untrainable elite race) than the current races (2 9's, 2 8's, 1 7), what makes faeries bad at attacking is precissely... that in those ages, having a 5 off spec wasnt that bad, as 6 was the top for 6/8 attackers, and now 6 is top for only 2 races.
    Sure... I wouldnt think performing a thing like this as single province - or even as a KD-strat in Kingdom that wasnt highly dedicated like a high-performance super-KD.

But the issue is not really whether Faerys has 3/&, 4/7 or other races has 8/3, 6/5.
    The key issue is - that Faerys can attack - AND Land Lust.

Most people seem to not quite understand how powerfull it is either because its "out-of-the-box" or because they have no experience with it.

On the other hand - Im not going to claim that Faery/Rogue is the ultimate combo this age.
    But lets see... next age isnt over yet.
    It will be exciting to see if anyone got the balls and the madness to try it out.

You dont have the room to attack and landlust, thats the point. Its not about balls.

The age you are looking at people had elites with near spec offense - this isnt really the case any more. You might get away with attacking for oop, but after that faeries will probably turtle up and dice to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You dont have the room to attack and landlust, thats the point. Its not about balls.

The age you are looking at people had elites with near spec offense - this isnt really the case any more. You might get away with attacking for oop, but after that faeries will probably turtle up and dice to grow.
    So where is the loophole this age?
    You dont have to answer me here, you can send me a pm.

I didnt say anything about a loophole. I said faeries this age are not comparable to the age you mentioned.

I know.
    But I thought I might be easier to ask the moderator where to look for loopholes, instead of trying to search them out for my self.
    HA HA HA

Quote Originally Posted by DAMHUS KROEN View Post
    I know.
    But I thought I might be easier to ask the moderator where to look for loopholes, instead of trying to search them out for my self.
    HA HA HA
    got a tricky one here lol

Here's a better alternative (IMO) that I'm thinking about running:

Faery Cleric (A/T)

Buildings (still needs work):
    20% homes -> +1.6 PPA, help increase BE
    8% farms
    9% TG -> with 85% BE, will give 10.44% OME
    12% Forts -> 13.46% DME
    11% Guilds -> for self spells
    14% Towers
    13% Thieves Dens
    10.5% Stables -> 6.3 horses per acre
    2.5% Dungeons -> 0.5 prisoners per acre

Assuming 5% pop bonus from science (later on will pump science with Fountain of Knowledge)
    25.14 PPA

With 65% draft:
    7.8 Peasants per acre
    1 WPA -> 1.5 mod (without science)
    3 TPA -> 3.865 mod (without science)
    9 EPA
    4.34 Off specs per acre

With 107% ME from payrate, GP, forts, TG's, and 4 generals:
    OME: 132.35% (without fanaticism)
    DME: 127.47%

Raw OPA (assuming 22% of elites sent -> 2 epa):
    21.7 (specs) + 8 (elites) + 6.3 (horses) + 1.5 (prisoners) = 37.5

Raw DPA (assuming 78% of elites sent -> 7 epa):
    49 (elites) + 1.95 (town watch) = 50.95

Raw DPA (army in):

These numbers then come out to:
    Mod OPA: 49.631 (without fanaticism)
    Mod DPA: 64.946 (army out)
    Mod DPA: 80.306 (army in, no town watch)

-----------
    Cleric is useful because its -50% losses helps keep your elite defense alive so you don't get chained. Meanwhile it frees up land that would otherwise be used for hospitals. The +1 general and soldier conversions are nice bonuses, too.
    The use of elites for offense means that you have more defense with your army in, so you don't won't get randomed as much while you sci pump.

Looking at the 50/65 opa/dpa isn't very impressive, I know, since there are many other races running 80/60 armies, but the faery spellbook helps to make up for it.
    Quick Feet makes up for lack of barracks, and Fog will slow attackers down.
    Animate dead + the Cleric bonus makes it easy to rebuild your army, especially if you ToG or steal gold.
    Mass kidnapping, then hitting with warspoils could be a huge boost to your economy.
    Pitfalls + Bloodlust + Bribe generals = huge enemy losses.
    Nightstrikes + Fanaticism could help you break larger targets, with Invisibility giving your thieves that extra boost.

Regular
    6.5 mod TPA won't do much this age, but you'll have the best T/M defense with that

Director of Age Changes
    Again, you're wasting your +50% magic eff for a mere 0.5 ppa. And that opa makes humans and avians laugh at you...

I think that it'd be better to go A/M with Faery, if you're going to attack.
    Actually, with his defense, armies in, he'll be unbreakable by most elf/halfer hybrids... Offense isn't very high, but the race isn't really geared up for it anyhow, so that's expected.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Ok I don't get why anyone would try to take a race that has less population and try to make it a thief when they could instead make it a mage in order to save the population they lost.
    Faery can get over 10 wpa with only what 3 raw?
    I was looking at the possibility of a Faery Sage a/M.
    If you have good wpa then you can actually count on your self spells because the amount of runes needed to get a succesful MV through on you which may not even have the desired results would be prohibitive (and I would probably prefer then waste mana/runes on me trying then destroying one of my attackers).
    Quick calculations:
    Homes 25
    farms 6
    Banks 10
    Training grounds 5
    Hospitals 10
    Guilds 12
    Towers 10
    Watchtowers 10
    Stables 9
    Dungeons 3
    with 800 bpa
    Income -19%
    Tools -15%
    Population Bonus -11%
    Food Production -95%
    Thievery Bonus -70%
    Mystic Bonus -85%
    War Gains Bonus 17%

Gives total of 27 ppa
    running something like 3.5 mod tpa (2 raw) plus clearsight for thief defense, (how high would I really need this to be?)
    65% draft gives only 6 ppa but BE is at 85%
    income at 12.5 gc/acre/hour (in war with 200% wages and IA)
    WPA at 10 mod (3.6 raw)

7.14 elites/acre ( thats 50 dpa without the wage bonus or GP
    8.36 offense specs
    52 opa (55.6 with wage boost)
    30 offense/nw efficiency )
    they probably wont be double/triple tapping much so they can get an extra 6-9% from generals too.

I considered GS or something but I guess Fog is enough of a detterent, if you hit the faery your attack time is longer than anyone elses...and my wizards are more potent. I can ambush and LL back or just stick to chain targets. Obviously the offense isn't amazing so they would mostly be finishing off chains.

I am still trying out other buildings, but will post this now to see how badly it gets flamed

Thread Information