Thread: BE% Formula?

BE% Formula?

So has anyone figured out what the actual formula is ???
    I put my current stats into a spreadsheet with the BE formulae from the wiki and it is about 5% off.

I have 58.7% of jobs performed
    15.8% tools
    and kd in fortified.

Building Efficiency = [0.5 * (1 + % Jobs Performed)* Stance * Science * Dragon] + Race

Building Efficiency = [0.5 * (1 + 58.7)* 1.2 * 1.158] = 110.3%

and yet my buildings page shows 115.8%

I'm trying to plan out builds for next age and this formula not being what it says is really annoying me.
    Can anyone help?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    BE fluctuates and takes time to adjust. The formula is correct.

Use the formula to find what your final BE would be, but it is very fluid while your pezzies, draft and land changes, and takes time to settle.
    S E C R E T S

hmm, I had heard that before, but my draft had been the same for the entire 18 hours that I had buildings in construction (those stats were from the last hour before they were complete, which one would expect would have made the BE be rising to reach 110% rather than above 110%)

I don't understand why it would be higher than the 10% that the formula seems to indicate.
    maybe I will refrain from doing anything for a day or 2 to see what happens

when is the last time you guys actually checked it to make sure it works?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Either earlier this age, or last age.

18 hours isnt anywhere near long enough for BE to stabilize. Formula is right, you just have to wait.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

18 hours is a long time to do nothing though, ;) does anyone know how long it takes to stabilize?
    or can they explain why it would seem like it was going in the wrong direction considering I had razed buildings?

hmm now that we aren't fortified it is 93 and calc would show 91 so it is getting closer...
    nm
    now if only I can find a way not to participate in our next wave
    Last edited by loco; 27-03-2011 at 17:40.

Post Fiend
    That formula on the wiki for BE is wrong. The correct formula is:

Building Efficiency = [0.5 * (1 + % Jobs Performed)] * Stance * Science * Dragon * Race

Evidence:

Available Workers: 4,773
    Workers Needed for Max. Efficiency: 15,125
    % Job performed: (4773/15125)
    Racial BE bonus: 20% (dwarf)
    Tool science: 7.925%

Final BE after a week of doing nothing: 85.1%

Using the current formula in the wiki:
    Building Efficiency = [ (0.5 * (1 + % Jobs Performed)+ Race) * Stance * Science * Dragon ] + Personality
    Building Efficiency = [ (0.5 * (1 + (4,773/15125))+ 0.20) * 1.07925] = 92.58%

Using the revised formula above:
    Building Efficiency = [0.5 * (1 + % Jobs Performed)] * Stance * Science * Dragon * Race
    Building Efficiency = [0.5 * (1 +(4,773/15125))] * 1.07925 * 1.2 = 85.19%
    Last edited by tamle; 11-09-2012 at 21:55.

If you had razed buildings there would be less jobs well they are under construction but you would still have same number of peasents. So BE would climb during construction period. 5% though is too much for it to climb in 18 hours I think.

But I mostly doubt you not the formula...

Also unless recently changed it had always been an addition for the race modifier. The opening post isn't even playing as a race with a modifier so these 2 outcomes are not related.
    Last edited by goodz; 11-09-2012 at 23:20.
    My life is better then yours.

Post Fiend
    "Also unless recently changed it had always been an addition for the race modifier. "

That is where the formula is wrong. I've been tracking BE for the last week at constant 70% draft & only gained 5 acres/day: adding racial bonus gives 5-7% higher than the final BE my province has been sitting at. Read my post above, multiplication gives a more accurate BE. Yeah, the OP didn't wait long enough for BE to stabilize, and that post was ages past. This thread is about BE% formula so I thought it's fitting to bump it, hoping to get a confirmation from another dwarf province, who might be planning to sit around oow for the days to come. In the meantime, I'll just edit my spreadsheet with the revised formula above. People can deny all they want but a constant overestimation of 5+% on my province spreadsheet defintely needs its formula rechecked.
    Last edited by tamle; 12-09-2012 at 00:41.

Thread Information