Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orc Attacker

Orc Attacker

So normally I run hybrid every age because I consider myself to be a pretty knowledgeable about the game mechanics and run them successfully, but this age I was considering possibly pure orc attacker while covering up the t/m weaknesses. I usually play attacker with good resistances to both thievery and magic, and since I pump high science, i'm robust and very hard to bring down.
    My point with this thread is that if I decide to be orc, I'll be the only one in my kingdom. If I choose orc, I'm almost forced into picking warrior, which is a good compliment to orc, but I thought cleric would be interesting this age. Is Orc/warrior with the following build actually survivable for an often warring kingdom or am I gonna be destroyed by ops and have no gold all age? I feel like i'd just be ambushed nonstop and I doubt the military bonuses would make up for all the ops.. Can you cover up the t/m weaknesses of orc or is it just pointless to try too hard?

15% hospitals
    15% tg's
    10% wt's
    10% stables
    10% homes
    10% barracks
    10% forts
    8% guilds
    7% farms
    3% towers
    2% dungeons

Alternatively, I was thinking of running avian cleric A/m to be more of a hardy attacker while only sacrificing a little bit of military..
    Last edited by pzak640; 27-03-2011 at 05:03.

Regular
    no banks?

Post Demon
    Notice that in the thread about final changes, nowhere is it mentioned that Orc still get elite credits. It doesn't appear that you have planned for that.

Orc/Cleric
    10% Homes
    6% Farms
    15% Banks
    15% TG
    12% Hospitals
    15% GS
    10% Guilds
    5% Towers
    12% WT

would be my idea for heavy attacker, not worried about multiple attacks/day but breaking defense, maybe double taps

Sohow do you make orc work without getting crushed in war?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Orcs are expected to get hit in war. That's part of their function.

Lol, I meant how do you make orc work without being destroyed by ops? How far do you go to cover up their weakness?
    Is cleric suicide with all elite offence?

Regular
    Orcs and dorfs with their thievery malus will get honor to be constantly robbed by my hu merchant AT. Orcs also get honor to be attacked oow with their offense home. They simply suck.

I was playing avian warrior pure attacker this age and hated his crappy economy. Combos are right way to play.

I find also as interesting

Ud mystic AM
    Ha cleric AT.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You go the same lengths that you do to cover up any weakness. Why would Orc be any different?

No one ever has anything constructive to say. It's near impossible to have a meaningful dialogue on these boards. I can't get any kind of second opinion on orcs for age 50.. Lousy trolls

The thing here is we cant really balance out the strength and weakness. Have to sacrifice something for something better. Orc, in such a way, Palem suggest to focus on attacks rather than spreading your acre trying to cover orcs weaknesses and end up not utilizing their attack potential. Dead town.

Quote Originally Posted by pzak640 View Post
    No one ever has anything constructive to say. It's near impossible to have a meaningful dialogue on these boards. I can't get any kind of second opinion on orcs for age 50.. Lousy trolls
    Calling people trolls can be considered in itself trolling. I see plenty of constructive advice in here. Play nicely.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    orcs + undeads are better in packs

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by pzak640 View Post
    I was simply asking a question for you to reconsider yours. -20% TM efficiency is not so big of a deal that it needs immediate and direct action against it. Running the standard TPA/WPA will be good enough for any Orc in any generic situation.

You shouldn't burn bridges with the people who are actually trying to help :p

Post Fiend
    You are not supposed to cover their t/m disadvantage, its just there, run the basic build and use the orc for what it is, a high offense hitter with +30% gains. You will get opped, you will get tapped into easily, thats life - your strength lies in your valuable role in wars with your high offense (you can break all or most provs) + your good gains. Having 1 orc or being the only orc is not adviseable, thats just too small a number. As someone suggested earlier Orcs are most deadly in packs. Instead of 1, run 5. Thats 5 x 30% gains and you only have 1/5 chance of being the orc the opposings T/Ms point their fingers at..

Thread Information