Community news

The community team have been waiting for news from our beloved overlords on a server/forum move.

Alas, they are still operating under all the restrictions we've detailed so far, and as the representative for the community I feel that we need to take some temporary measures to improve upon a few issues that crop up quite frequently.

Issues like:

• Frequent complaints about young Bishop (a single active moderator will attract more ire than two)
  • Delays and backlogs with the support mail queue
  • The amount of time that I find I can spare for you good people and this fine community (I really am between two mistresses as it were)

So I decided that the moderator promotion we've been holding out on (until forum move) should be given the final go ahead.

There were a LOT of volunteers and for that we're truly grateful. Your commitment and dedication are noted and when we do move and activity increases we will no doubt come knocking at your proverbial door.

For now one candidate stands out as best for the job and that poster is Palem.

Congratulations Palem - I trust you will do your best.

A few caveats:

Given the confrontations and friendly disagreements that can crop up between posters and moderators, it's important to note that if you have issue with Palem you can contact Bishop (or myself).

Indeed, as always, if you have issue with Bishop you can now contact Palem (or myself).

With two active moderators we can have a more solid system of mediation, we can resolve those issues that need resolved much faster.

HOWEVER, it's worth bearing in mind that if you've just been caught trolling and present a forum martyrdom story that doesn't fit, I personally will be very displeased.

Oh hi btw

Finally, I hope you all are well and, though I'm busy checking ticket and support queues, writing stuff, moderating things and doing far too many tasks in each shift, I miss the playful banter of the Utopians (and even the Troll Monarchy themselves - they know who they are.)

Thanks guys. I'll make every effort to pop in as often as I can and though I don't respond to all the PMs or mails (addressed to me) in the support queue those are the two best methods of reaching me.

Thunder