Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controlling graphic language

Controlling graphic language

In my kingdom, I am monarch and about to appoint a(n) RC, I am wondering on ways to try to get one of my provinces within my kingdom to stop using such horrid words, I usually delete their posts and repost what they said with the words censored out ie: bull**** to Bull(spit) in such a way others know what they are saying but doesn't actually show the words. Why can't Utopia promote family-use of the game and include a language filter :( Didn't their used to be one?
    He keeps calling me a communist because of me editing his words :P any thoughts from current/former monarchs?

point him to this http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...e_.26_Attitude
    and if that doesnt work send a mail to to utopiasupport@utopia-game.com
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

^ Thanks for that, I'll try to keep that as a last solution as to not get put in a position where I have to lose a potential valuable player.. Great on the speed reply though :) appreciated!

depending on the language he will probably just get a 24 hour suspension.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Postaholic
    I say you ask the kingdom to mail him a request to stop, if they don't support you, you have problems.

Appreciated but as monarch I can't rely on the kingdom to do all my work,

this is the DIRECT message i've recieved from him (unedited, NOTE* language was pasted as copied* )

<removed>

Probably just a kid , nonetheless, still makes the game unfun.
    Last edited by Bishop; 02-04-2011 at 16:07.

Point him to the page posted by Bishop and tell him to either clean up or clear out.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Yeah, I`ve send him a message myself quoting it and providing the link as he keeps sending me messages like that (I only copied 2 of about 7 messages, and those are only the private ones, the public ones are no better) I told him this was his last chance cussing before he got reported.. Thanks though, Glad I got that link now to back up my reassurance about the use of cussing on Utopia :)

Maybe because you are a communist? If you don't like the show, change the channel. Why do you feel important enough to define a subset of words as "horrid?" Maybe I want to say that the words you are typing are "horrid" and I want you to stop using them? How would you feel then?
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

don't post anything that breaks these forum rules please.

So posting your opinion in a forum is against the rules? Nice to know. No wonder no one comes here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    So posting your opinion in a forum is against the rules? Nice to know. No wonder no one comes here anymore.
    pretty sure it was about the language from OP qouting his mate...
    yer trolling might be the target to tho :)

Oh. I saw him threatening me in another thread so I assumed this was related. Godly doesn't troll. This is utopia talk, not a support forum. I'm entitled to read a post and give my opinion. If he didn't want opinions, he should have emailed support.

I`m assuming Godly=Hidden on this one, At least I can find you here.

Language & Attitude

Utopia-Game.com is designed to be played by people of all ages and backgrounds. Users are expected to treat others with respect and use only appropriate language in any contact with other players. Violators will be removed immediately.

Read that.

Utopia makes the rules around here, and you are more than welcome to call it what you want but commenting on a characters political stance as a representation of their character IS ACTUALLY slander. Funny how yourre english improved substantially HERE when you`re trying to make your case but on the forums you`ve a hard time spelling Topic(topik).. trollin ?
    Anyways, I can't control the forums here like I CAN on Utopia, so don't bother swearing here as you can see Bishop already edited my posts because of what I copy-paste'd from you. You got your warning.. Just grow up, even you're friend Fukushima agree's (in-game forum FYI)

Utopia is a game of killing... and you're worried about words such as BS?.. Wow.. if you allow ur children to go on the internet chances are they are going to stumble on websites that are far less "family friendly" then utopia..
    "I wanted to see your utopia, but now I see it is more of a fruitopia." - Stephen Hawking

Thread Information