Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Either fix OOP or split it

Either fix OOP or split it

Either fix the code for OOP or split the OOP date:

1) Start the age 4 hours earlier than you want Jan 1st to start
    2) Turn OOP into a 4 hour event. 25% of the server on each part. First group gets 1 hour to hit while all other parts are locked. 2nd group gets 1 hour to hit while all other parts are locked, etc. Then when all 4 are done, begin May 2nd. Simple. It will coincide with the correct date since we started protection 4 hours earlier.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Wow, you are very unoriginal as well, making new threads and stealing other peoples ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Wow, you are very unoriginal as well, making new threads and stealing other peoples ideas.
    Unoriginal? I've said this pretty much every round dating back to round 4. You are forgetting, this was a problem with Mehul as well although he had the excuse of 100,000 users and a 14.4 modem. Just because you heard this idea somewhere else doesn't mean that someone else copied it or didn't come up with it first.

No you havent, actually, this is the first time i see you saying it. (there is already a thread with pretty much the same suggestion)

Stop following me around, troll. You think I would waste my time reading a thread, thinking OH THIS IS A GREAT IDEA and repost it? I'm trying to rob gold and make a hit, not get to 1,000 posts like you.

Someone pointed me out to the thread you are referring to. I'm on my cellphone and pretty ticked off so I'm not going around surfing the web. His idea is ridiculous with split between races. Topwolf blasted the large hole in it right away.

this idea, while related, is much better than the original.

besides how many people post suggestions at EOA and someone mods it.

+1.

Stop following me around, troll. You think I would waste my time reading a thread, thinking OH THIS IS A GREAT IDEA and repost it? I'm trying to rob gold and make a hit, not get to 1,000 posts like you.
    Well you waste your time writing usless posts, so I am pretty sure that you spend you waste your time with scouring the forum and trying to figure out many more ways be more useless. I confront stupidity where ever i see it! Your suggestion is as stupid as the other ones, either way some part of the server will get first pick and thats unfair.

Oh, so you mean all this spamming that you do is not to up your postcount? Kid please, Ive had more posts than you would ever dream of being able to count, 1k is nothing.

Forum Fanatic
    FWIW, this is a terrible idea -- either the first group or fourth group gets substantially advantaged over the other groups (first group - all farms are unhit; fourth group -- all kds have troops out).

Plus there are other bugs (like halflings not being able to see the results of their ops; undead ospecs dying) that the first wave might be subjected to that subsequent ones are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    FWIW, this is a terrible idea -- either the first group or fourth group gets substantially advantaged over the other groups (first group - all farms are unhit; fourth group -- all kds have troops out).

Plus there are other bugs (like halflings not being able to see the results of their ops; undead ospecs dying) that the first wave might be subjected to that subsequent ones are not.
    How so? Let me just clarify that the groups would all be within the same islands. Like it won't be half of one island and another half of another island. Like Islands 1-10 would be 1 group for example. When first group is scheduled for OOP, all other groups (islands) are locked. They have zero growth and no one can login or do anything. You wouldn't be able to hit other groups anyways considering they are on other islands. Every group has the identical OOP phase except it's on another "fake" hour. There is no realtime growth in this 4 hour OOP phase.

Your point about bugs are valid. But at the same time, the groupings are completely random so its not like any one kingdom has a benefit over several rounds. The disadvantages are by far outweighed the luck factor of some individuals being able to do your ops/attacks while others can't even login. It is a lot more fair this way. And to dismiss an idea based on bugs (which shouldnt be happening) is kind of silly.
    Last edited by Godly; 07-04-2011 at 21:35.

Well you waste your time writing usless posts, so I am pretty sure that you spend you waste your time with scouring the forum and trying to figure out many more ways be more useless. I confront stupidity where ever i see it! Your suggestion is as stupid as the other ones, either way some part of the server will get first pick and thats unfair.

Oh, so you mean all this spamming that you do is not to up your postcount? Kid please, Ive had more posts than you would ever dream of being able to count, 1k is nothing.
    omfg... no one gets "first pick." You battle your island over 1 hour and another group battles their island in another fake hour. How is this not obvious? Why would you be able to hit another island either way? You are acting as if the first group gets to hit anyone in utopia and then the 2nd group comes in with no targets. In OOP phase you can only hit your island so there is no advantage or disadvantage for any group. All provs in each island are in the same group.
    Last edited by Godly; 07-04-2011 at 21:39.

omfg... no one gets "first pick." You battle your island over 1 hour and another group battles their island in another fake hour. How is this not obvious? Why would you be able to hit another island either way? You are acting as if the first group gets to hit anyone in utopia and then the 2nd group comes in with no targets. In OOP phase you can only hit your island so there is no advantage or disadvantage for any group. All provs in each island are in the same group.
    You didnt really clarify how it would work earlier, all i had to go with your initial post which would just say that its 25% of the server, it can be one kd there one kd here and one kd all over there. Dont blame me cause your silly suggestion backfired.

You didnt really clarify how it would work earlier, all i had to go with your initial post which would just say that its 25% of the server, it can be one kd there one kd here and one kd all over there. Dont blame me cause your silly suggestion backfired.
    I like how people respond by "you didn't explain to me" when they find themselves eating their soles. Why would two kingdoms in the same island be on other groups? To lower the already ridiculously low amount of targets OOP? If you can't infer that I'm referring to islands together... Maybe I should have also included the code snippet to get this to work too? Should I have clarified which islands get assigned to which group?

I like how you try to cover up a nub mistake by trying to advocate that it was obvious that it was the way you meant. See, since you had to explain it its wasnt as obvious as you thought.

Post Fiend
    "I like how you try to cover up a nub mistake by trying to advocate that it was obvious that it was the way you meant."

I understood it just fine.

Thread Information