Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banking 101

Regular

Banking 101

I want to know everything about banks (a guy in my KD is trying to run one and is curious). What draft %, buildings, science, etc etc should they be running? He's Human/Merchant should it matter.

40% draft

lots of mills, banks and guilds
    mainly alc sci (with be and pop) and some magic
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Any way I could get a detailed run down with % of the building strat? Or a closely related one, for reference

This is what i have been using so far:

40% Draft Target (for 100% building efficiency)
    5% Homes
    10% Farms
    10% Mills
    20% Banks
    5% Training Grounds
    10% Armouries
    5% Military Barracks
    5% Forts
    5% Thieves' Dens
    5% Watch Towers
    10% Libraries
    10% Schools

But the more i think about it this feels more like an Attacker/Heavy Attacker buildup than a bank :S, well i hope i can get some serious help before this gets too far into the age :P

And as Smurfling so kindly told, im a Human Merchant

What i need to know is the most suitable percentage buildup for a bank for a KD
    Should i build any offense?
    Should i build any thieves?
    Last edited by zeentch; 08-04-2011 at 15:03. Reason: Adding what i need to know as a bank.

Quote Originally Posted by zeentch View Post
    This is what i have been using so far:

40% Draft Target (for 100% building efficiency)
    5% Homes
    10% Farms
    10% Mills
    20% Banks
    5% Training Grounds
    10% Armouries
    5% Military Barracks
    5% Forts
    5% Thieves' Dens
    5% Watch Towers
    10% Libraries
    10% Schools

But the more i think about it this feels more like an Attacker/Heavy Attacker buildup than a bank :S, well i hope i can get some serious help before this gets too far into the age :P

And as Smurfling so kindly told, im a Human Merchant

What i need to know is the most suitable percentage buildup for a bank for a KD
    Should i build any offense?
    Should i build any thieves?
    This is one of the worst strats I've ever seen. Get rid of the Schools, Libs, TDs, and WTs. And that's just a basic starting point on fixing this mess. If you are actually trying to bank you need much higher Mills to explore up, and stop trying to rainbow with 5% this and 5% that. Seeing this strat you shouldn't waste your time even trying as top kingdoms (and decent ghettos) will eat you for breakfast. Change your plans now before you waste the whole age.

And I'm not trying to be harsh here, but you have A LOT to learn before you try to be any type of top end province for a kingdom. The strat you posted demonstrates a massive lack of understanding on how things work (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just that you are probably new), so you need to start with a very simple role as a province and learn how things function. Get a few ages under your belt and then revisit this idea.
    Last edited by DHaran; 08-04-2011 at 15:27. Reason: bah
    S E C R E T S

So, rather tell him in a nice way what he did wrong and what he should improve instead of telling how much he suck would be better!

Well i still stick with what i said in my previous post, what percentage of stuffs should i build?, what should i research in science?, do i build any offense? do i build any thieves?

Like i said im going for being a Kingdom Bank

Good luck.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    that's harsh bro

Well you did say "Change your plans now before you waste the whole age" and it's what i am trying to do, i just hope that someone will actually try to help me instead of tracking on me and telling me i lack understanding, you could've atleast asked me to explain why i have chosen the way i have.

Anyways i thank you for the "Good Luck" even if it was sarcasm, and i hope that someone else is nice enough to actually help me :)

Quote Originally Posted by zeentch View Post
    Well you did say "Change your plans now before you waste the whole age" and it's what i am trying to do, i just hope that someone will actually try to help me instead of tracking on me and telling me i lack understanding, you could've atleast asked me to explain why i have chosen the way i have.

Anyways i thank you for the "Good Luck" even if it was sarcasm, and i hope that someone else is nice enough to actually help me :)
    I mean change your plans as in don't try to bank. I'm not nice, I'm fine with that, but I am trying to help. You need to spend more time playing the game as a normal player before taking on something like banking. If you were in my kingdom there isn't a chance I'd let you attempt it, and if you did I'd raze you before you caused us any damage. Call me a jerk for being real, but after posting a strat like that you shouldn't be on the top end of any kingdom. Ask me for help on a basic attacker strategy I'll be more than happy to help. But helping you run a province you won't be able to manage, no thanks. You gotta learn to walk before you run.
    Last edited by DHaran; 08-04-2011 at 16:08.
    S E C R E T S

I have never said you were a jerk, and i wont either because i do know what you mean but since i'm not in your kingdom then i don't have to worry about being razed by you (yet ;P) and i'm one of those people that wants to learn by doing and then stick to it, in other words if i want to be a bank then i learn to be one, learn the building specs get with it and use it for the remainder of the time i'm playing (be it half an age or 50 ages).

So hopefully i will be able to learn how to be a bank within a week and rectify my mistakes and be on my way to learning how to be a bank in Utopia. =)

Still you are harsh i admit but if the situation were reversed i would probably be the same, would probably put it in a nicer way but that's just me.
    Last edited by zeentch; 08-04-2011 at 16:27. Reason: Spelling

Post Fiend
    How can anyone give you a detailed strat? What race/personality are you?

I'm Human Merchant, written about 1 or 2 times further up.

Post Fiend
    I didn't think it was too harsh; he even says in the second paragraph that he's not trying to be harsh or offensive, but its like 'damn', I mean I said the same thing when I saw the strat. No offense, but everything D'Haran said is spot on, despite its lack of a easy-to-swallow sugar-coating

Thread Information