Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Undead killing

Regular
    the best thing to do is forget about trying to kill them, and finding a way to make your prov, undesirable to attack. in war you need, gold, soldiers, and a build strat that allows only small gains, with as much t/m protection as possible. you already know they are going to have little defense, so have just enough offence to make a good gains attack, with enough defense and guard stations to keep them from getting that land back. the only way to beat the undead is to have an very active kingdom, thriving economy, t/m defense and MV capability, to erase chasity spells, and most important, find a way to keep your lands after you capture it. make your prov undesirable to attack and they will move on and on and on to the next ones, when they realize they are going to be outgained, there spirit and moral will drop like a lead baloon, once that happens its open season.

SirVanir,

I really find an enormous contradiction with your statement that those undeads lost u the war. An undead is not meant to be defence heavy....i know this for a fact as I am playing an undead tactician in a kingdom tht is in the top 30 kingdoms on wol thus far. There are 16 undeads in our kingdom........and none of us run more than 7-7.5 dspecs/acre.....i think instead of having a total def figure, u guys should have a defensive unit/acre spec for ur attackers. If those 2 undeads were being chained, as many people have pointed out rightly, the rest of u slacked up and thts the reason u couldn't narrow the gap.

Last war, I took 38 hits on me, a kd mate of mine took 82 hits, and we still won the war by a whopping margin, cos the others were able to capitalize. The toal amount of acres we lost in between us was 3960 odd. So once agin, proves the point tht 1400 acres tht u r talking about is but a pittance.

I agree with a lot of people over here who have said that losing those undeads is ur kingdom's loss and not theirs. :)

I played Undead Cleric this Age...
    I can tell you its difficult to "kill" an undead...especially a cleric one :-)

In long war, you became stronger and stronger...usually

The kd that made me the most suffer used chained and combined heavy t/m operations based upon : NS, MS, Chastity, Ambush...
    This assume that kill an undead means kill its elites....(like kill a Dwarf is kill his food or kill a faery is assassinate his wizzies...)

Its not about land...or at last land is taken after...

Anyway, by constant chaining this kd made me loose half of my elites (from 9000 to 4500)...

thats just a key not the answer...and to be complete :

1) I got my elites back the war after :-)
    2) this doesnt function when there are 10 or 12 actives undeads to fight at same time...

This is stupid.
    Undead suffers no offensive losses - why would you pick Cleric?
    Also, if you were active and didn't let your army sit at home you would have lost 0 elites to chaining.
    Utopia Politics and General Talk.
    Sinners is recruiting active, racist and/or sexy members! #sinners

Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    This is stupid.
    Undead suffers no offensive losses - why would you pick Cleric?
    Also, if you were active and didn't let your army sit at home you would have lost 0 elites to chaining.
    NS can kill troops away and heavy chaining can get you at 25+ elites per acres.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Yes, notice how I did not address NS?
    Chaining will not kill elites - Because your army should be out the same tick it comes in, and elites are the last units to desert iirc.
    Utopia Politics and General Talk.
    Sinners is recruiting active, racist and/or sexy members! #sinners

Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    Yes, notice how I did not address NS?
    Chaining will not kill elites - Because your army should be out the same tick it comes in, and elites are the last units to desert iirc.
    You can't attack when you're overpopped. Having 30-40 elites per acre hurts a lot :D
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Enthusiast
    We warred a kd that ended up with their undead warriors going down to land def and quad-tapping army in/out.

Quote Originally Posted by inventio View Post
    We warred a kd that ended up with their undead warriors going down to land def and quad-tapping army in/out.
    There's one in the KD that we're warring right now that's almost to that point.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Thread Information