Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to Utopia. Need advice

New to Utopia. Need advice

Hi,

Im new to utopia. Been seeing this game for a very long time but ended up not playing for I don't understand the game. I'm Orc Warrior on this new age. So how do I play? Any guide to learn etc?

Well you can start by checking out this guide http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...he_Utopia_Wiki should have plenty of information you can use. As well try asking your kingdomates in your forum, if they are any decent people they should be able to help you as well.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Welcome to the game =]

Unfortunately, the wiki doesn't really have any "guiding" element to it. You need to know what you're looking for to find it =\. Likewise, there's so much to the game that I'm not really sure where to start. If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

Just a few things:
    -Get to know your kd. They're your "team" so-to-speak. Your success depends on them.
    -Introduce yourself in the forums. Let your kd know that you're new to the game. Some kds are accepting of new players, some are not.
    -Visit the recruitment forum if you'd like to choose another kd to play in.
    -Enjoy yourself =]. You started playing the best game evah!

go to your explore tab, and max explore. Land is power in this game

So I started in a kingdom full of new people to.. no one's on the forums. Hope they reply soon.

Anyway.. what should I build as a orc warrior? Should I start exploring lands?

Regular
    Just a general rule: ignore anything that Realest or silent_killer say. This tip will help you a lot.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You want to have different builds for doing different things.

For protection you want a lot of buildings that maximize your income so you can get your army drafted up and trained. Something like
    10% Homes (some people raze them, but their nice for their birth rate bonus early)
    10% Farms (because you need to feed your peeps)
    25% Banks
    25% Arms
    15% Guilds (to get some wizards going)
    5% Towers

It's a bit rough cus I just did it on the fly, but that's the general idea.

I wouldn't explore in protection. I would focus on getting your army trained up.

And for a draft, you're going to want 60%. Also, you'll probably want to train 8 defense units (the ones that say 0/5) per acre (acres*8.) And 2 thieves per acre (aka TPA). The rest should then go into elites.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Regular
    Nevermind.

So whats the basic mindset do I need to have as an orc? Just a large bulk army to attack and decent defense?

Pretty much. That's really what they're geared toward as a race.

What about magic and theives? Do I need? What spells should I use from my wizards?

yes u need, mostly for defensive purposes. try with something like 2wpa and 2tpa, since u have racial disadvantage u might get targetted by thiefs/mages. also u have some nice spells to boost your offesive abilities like bloodlust, agression and fanaticism.

There are 2 spells that you're going to want to keep cast 24/7 if at all possible: minor protection and inspire army. The other spells mentioned above (bloodlust, aggression, and fanaticism) are all to be cast only when needed. You should cast fanaticism and bloodlust before you attack. These will increase your offensive power and enemy's losses respectively at the cost of defense and increased losses for you as well respectively but at a much lower level than the bonuses from the spells.

Yes, you do need mages and thieves. Like CJ said, 2 TPA and 1.5-2 WPA would be a good thing to have, mostly for defensive purposes.

dont suppose anyone would like to assist in rewriting that new player part to make it actually useful?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information