Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Province killing

Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    PKing isn't as hard as it seems, depends on activity. One of my provs got himself PKed 8 hours after war ended:P
    Damn lol.

Pking an active province isnt even difficult atm, i died having been online at the time, you can kill a province in the last 30 seconds of a tick quite easily
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    Damn lol.

Pking an active province isnt even difficult atm, i died having been online at the time, you can kill a province in the last 30 seconds of a tick quite easily
    You could do so by taking the last acre but you can't take the last peasant. Once a prov hits 30-40 peasants, kidnap and FB stop causing damage. (Kidnap stops giving you peasants before that but for a while the target still loses 1 peasant per kidnap)
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

I want to say that, as far as I know, on the Auto-Win feature. It doesn't give you a War Win. It only ends the War. So I think it is better to call it an Auto-End feature, instead of an Auto-Win feature.

This may have been changed, but I don't think so.

I went to the Guide and this is a direct quote from it:

Victory
    There is only one way to win - if the opposite Kingdom withdraw from war. War will end automatically if your opponents networth drops to 50% of yours. This will only occur after a minimum of 7 days (1 Utopian year).
    Last edited by JackRabbitSlim; 30-04-2014 at 14:05. Reason: Correcting information

It gives a war win, i told you this in a previous thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JackRabbitSlim View Post
    I did not realize this had been fixed. Thank you for explaining it Bishop.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Pk is possible in war. Just rarely the best use of resources. Trads into a heavily overpopped, low peasant prov. are, as said, the only way to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    Pk is possible in war. Just rarely the best use of resources. Trads into a heavily overpopped, low peasant prov. are, as said, the only way to finish.
    not true. trading a prov thats heavily overpopped is a waste if pk is the aim.
    - zilyana -

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    not true. trading a prov thats heavily overpopped is a waste if pk is the aim.
    No need to trad march. Hit the province down to 100 acres, raze the remaining acres, cast storms on the province and if it is inactive enough, the peasants will die out thus leading to pk

Again you can pk an active guy that is logged on. No need to wait around.
    - zilyana -

Post Fiend
    Massacre made it possible this age!

While I wouldn't call it unacceptable it is usually a big waste of time/resources. When you have a province chained-deep enough you have taken them out of the equation. Now if you go and just focus on killing the province that went from 1.2k acres to 200 acres you are ignoring other provinces and that can potentially hurt you down the road. In addition even if you succeed to kill the province he/she can just reset and come back as a 400 acre province right after and possibly be aided up by the provinces that may have become UB while you were too busy with just province killing.
    Having that said, I wouldn't pay too much attention to their threats. I think those are for the most part empty.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Archan View Post
    When you have a province chained-deep enough you have taken them out of the equation.
    Not true. This is a serious mistake low-tier kingdoms make. Acres don't matter. Resources matter. Attackers especially can continue to perform their function after taking lots of punishment, and by late war they can bounce back quite rapidly. Even chained defensive provinces can recover from a deep chain, though they lose more in the process.
    Landchaining is a means to remove resources rapidly. Province killing is another (and one that can be executed without too much hassle, as long as attackers hold back generals to execute it properly - i was shown the math on this, thanks for the edumacation...).

Now if you go and just focus on killing the province that went from 1.2k acres to 200 acres you are ignoring other provinces and that can potentially hurt you down the road. In addition even if you succeed to kill the province he/she can just reset and come back as a 400 acre province right after and possibly be aided up by the provinces that may have become UB while you were too busy with just province killing.
    This is somewhat true, but not always true. It applies more for choosing landchain targets, and maximizing the troop damage/potential troop damage inflicted with each wave. Orders like "chain target to 200-300 acres" do not work, because it does not take into account where they are falling from or how well those provinces can LL back acres, etc. Usually a chain target can be dropped to 25-30% of its original acres, and most kingdoms are capable of doing this to 2 or 3 provinces every wave. Sometimes 4 attackers can be dropped if defenses are particularly low, but those attackers are likely to retain significant military post-chain.

Province kill might not be the best move, but a kingdom with the econ and troop advantage can tolerate the short-term costs (even if it means being more exposed to pk of your own provs). They do come back with troops and gc that can't be stolen, and get a free prov reset... it also means not being able to leech all that science that has accumulated, that sweet juicy science...

What is the maths in question? The 17 massacres to take a province from 1000 pezzies to 9?
    - zilyana -

Forum Fanatic
    17 massacres on a province with little defense isn't too hard to arrange... can fireball/kidnap down some of the peasants too in order to reduce the number of masses needed.

Thread Information