Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Province killing

Its not like ages ago when you could FB a guy with a few volleys then attack him 4-5 times an kill him off.
    Too inefficient anymore. Why not take 3-4 of them to 200 acres instead? Going to be spending the same resources aren't you? And dont ask me for numbers, I am just talking out my pants pocket here.

Post Demon
    True PK isn't normally used, exactly because it is normally less efficient than a "simple" deep chain. Most of the time a true PK effort means you are forgoing a stronger strategy to spite the opposing kingdom - which is normally a poor thing to do in a "clean" war, though perfectly appropriate if you have a grudge of some form.
    Many, especially in the getto and semi-gettos, will mistake a deep chain for a PK, which it isn't. Deep enough chains can look "unfair", but usually that just means the opposing kingdom can't cut it and doesn't understand real chaining tactics. If you are using it because it removes, for a fairly long duration, an enemy attacker - tell them that, and then ignore their whining. The smart ones will learn for it, and the rest will just whine anyway.

I am a touch worried about the "chain the king" mentality on your side - you know he's active, and usually one of the better players. But a lot of kings know they are painting a big target on their prov, and won't take kindly to people mistaking them for being the "give up to save myself" type. I know, when I was king for a bit, if you tried it without a clear reason why, I'd often consider spiting you by fighting on longer than normal. Especially if the rest of the kingdom is doing ok, I'd just keep soaking hits and waiting for the enemy to realize he has to beat the whole kingdom, not just me. Given that the remaining players tend to be much more team focused these days, you'll run into a lot of kings like that.
    If it was a chain just cause he was a good attacker, try explaining that, and letting up on him for a bit if you've got him far enough down to be mostly neutralized. Most (not all, of course) will realize you aren't "out to get them" and think of the kingdom.

BTW, calling in allies is far dirtier than PK in war, IMO. And usually is a bluff, and a fairly transparent one too, especially when it's said while whining. You never know though - other than that it isn't too far from the warning I'd give if be giving if I thought you were planning to step across the line.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

I saw n tha changes that king/queen can take control ova another provencie?Is taht true?If so how do yuh do it....

They can't take control of another province unless they're province sitting. I believe that the change that you're referring to is the on where they can delete inactives after 5 days or invite someone into that province for 5 days after that point (10 day total time period.) After that they'd be deleted as the system now works. According to the changes thread, that system hasn't been implemented yet, so unless I missed an announcement or something (not entirely unlikely) it hasn't been implemented yet.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

We are warring a kd who is using a 90 acre 12 k net province to hit out of war for plunders to drive the kd econ. What is the best way to kill this province?

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Naimadally View Post
    We are warring a kd who is using a 90 acre 12 k net province to hit out of war for plunders to drive the kd econ. What is the best way to kill this province?
    find someone to raze into the war. plundering out for cheap gc is a scumbag tactic and can be policed.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    find someone to raze into the war. plundering out for cheap gc is a scumbag tactic and can be policed.
    Are you volunteering? :)

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    i agree, if they are hitting out of WAR, then what is wrong with hitting into their war?

Edit on second thought why don't you just kill him your self? His def could not be horrible big, just send leftovers.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 19-04-2014 at 23:32.

Regular
    PKing is easy this age with enough massacres just before the tick. Just gotta get them low on pez and overpopped

Forum Fanatic
    90 acres. You should be easy to pk him. Sounds like the kd we warred last age ,We caught it to late what he was doing. They went into the next war and he made the mistake of plundering into us from his war. His army didnt make it home from a raze wave he was hit with.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

What's all this talk about dragging out losing wars? Isn't there still an autowin feature when you double their NW? So instead of focusing on PKing people because they won't surrender, maybe you should be focused on doubling their NW.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Naimadally View Post
    Thats what the pking is referring to.Nothing to do with dragging out wars

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by peteyb22 View Post
    What's all this talk about dragging out losing wars? Isn't there still an autowin feature when you double their NW? So instead of focusing on PKing people because they won't surrender, maybe you should be focused on doubling their NW.
    Auto win requires 7 days min of war before it kicks in.

I require 7 days of war minimum to have fun... :P
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Post Demon
    PKing isn't as hard as it seems, depends on activity. One of my provs got himself PKed 8 hours after war ended:P

Thread Information