Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increase Chastity Rune Cost

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Increase Chastity Rune Cost

The rune cost of chastity is way too low for how good the spell is. It's currently half the cost of FG. A single FB costs over double that amount.

I think it should be bumped up to at least the cost of vermin.

+1.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

the duration is very short though. its a hard spell that requires activity to be useful.

Any idea what my guys have to do to keep it on your kdmates? Every 4 or 5 hrs they have their alarm set, wake up, cast chastity, set alarm, sleep. I think the rune cost is fine for the effort it requires. If the rune cost goes up, it just wont get used, if the rune price and duration goes up it will be too powerful due to the lack of effort needed. Chastity is fine the way it is! It SUCKS when you've got it, esp when you've had all your pessies killed/stolen, but you just gotta learn to deal with it! Maybe you should just get your und to cast chastity...it must be pretty cheap for him ;)

Agree with the last 2 points for a 3-4 hour spell the cost is fine
    "I wanted to see your utopia, but now I see it is more of a fruitopia." - Stephen Hawking

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The problem is, if you're active enough to run a chastity strat, then it's completely obvious and you don't have to really sacrifice anything. It's TOO cheap. There's nothing strategical about it. Top notch activity is a reward by itself, let alone the ability to keep chastity up. Most of the non-mages run enough towers to produce enough runes to cast chastity once per hour, let alone the mages who will produce well over double that per hour. You in essence give up nothing by choosing to run a chastity strat.

If you up the cost of chastity to the point of where you may not be able to keep constant MS, Greed, AND chastity up (just an example), then it becomes strategical.

Enthusiast
    It's half the cost of FG - that's way too cheap for the spell as it is.

Mystics can get anywhere from 6-8 hours. That's a lot for this spell. 4 hours is the equivalent of at least several FBs (if you approximate the amount of pezzies you could have gotten if it weren't for spell

Chastity is the one spell that was introduced by the new developers. As such, I believe that it is at least subject to some oversight or tweaking, rather than just leaving it alone.

I'm playing a heavy attacker and it sucks to be honest. I think I only had chastity on me for 6 + 8 non-continuous and with spells that take away peasants - it's down to half. Now I realize if I were a faery or undead mage it would be awesome, but it's not so fun for heavy attackers.

I don't think the spell affects should be changed, but I think the rune cost should be increased appopriately.

Enthusiast
    Oh, with respect to Palem's post:

Last age the spell was much more strategic imho. It was only given to one race, one with no magic mods and lower raw offense. In order to run a successful Chastity strat you have to get at least 5 gnome mystics with really good WPAs. I give full props to the one kd that used it to get 7 wws, Blind Guardians (Heavenly Guardians?).

This age it's given to faeries and undead, with faeries getting the 50 plus magic. Now I realize it's part of the racial bonus, and I'm not complaining about that in itself. The faery bonus negates (well, at least I think) the difficulty of Chastity and with it requiring so little runes it just kinda sucks.

With MS you could at least counter with stealing enough runes so that the spell has to be optimized.

gnomes had a 15% magic boost last age. and i guess now that faeries are back that 50% boost really does make chasity more damaging. i did see a 7 hr duration of it this past war and as a gnome the highest i got it was 5 hrs. mostly 3 hrs though so that was a lot of waking up lol.

February 13 of YR2 The womenfolk's vow of chastity is preventing any population growth for 8 days!

After 48 hours of not having any population growth this is starting to annoy a bit :)

get MVed
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    We aren't saying the spell of OP. We're saying the rune cost isn't sufficient.

Post Fiend
    Make MV not 5x the rune cost of chastity and give it a 75-100% chance for success instead of 50% and I'll take it.

Otherwise you're spending 10x the rune cost on average to "guarantee" it's gone.

ok im making a turnaround. with faeries roaming around they are getting way too long on chasity. it needs to cost more runes though it would suck for the undead mystics god bless their trying hearts lol

I would say change the actual spell. Instead of totally suspending birth rates, have it reduce birth rates by XX%

Thread Information