Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undead/Merchant problem

Undead/Merchant problem

I don't know if this is a bug or i miss something

The Merchant
    * +30% Income
    * -25% Money Losses on Plunder Attacks
    * Immunity to all Income Penalties (Riots, Plagues, etc.)
    * Banks are twice as effective

I'm using undead/merchant now and i'm puzzled on something.
    The other day, i had riot and greed done on me.
    I notice that i have lowered income immediately and increased wage, isn't merchant supposed to be immune to those ops?

merchant is immune to riots, not greed though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Why not answer his riot issue then? He said riot AND greed yet u chose to address the greed issue only? Why?
    "I wanted to see your utopia, but now I see it is more of a fruitopia." - Stephen Hawking

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Merchant is immune to any income penalty.

There is nothing to stop someone from putting riots on a merchant, but since it is a pure income penalty, it has no effects on a merchant.

Greed is not an income penalty. It raises your wages, not lowers your income.

i addressed riots, he is immune.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

I think people want like Riots on Merchants to work like casting Storms/Drought on a province with Natures Blessing active.

i would like the opposite

Regular
    i think you should be able to cast storm/drought on a shephard and it should give same as riot on merchant. you should be allowed to wast your mana and runes if you are dunb enough not to check personalities

so you can cause riots to no affect and get honor from it but you cant cast storms for honor cause of NB. things should be the same in terms of casting and getting the honor even if there is no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by caracal View Post
    i think you should be able to cast storm/drought on a shephard and it should give same as riot on merchant. you should be allowed to wast your mana and runes if you are dunb enough not to check personalities
    Thats a cracking idea, you should be able to cast / op anything on anyone (obv relations taken into account) but if it doesnt affect that person it doesnt affect them, but you still loose your resources! and gain honour of course :)
    Last edited by sammyseal; 27-04-2011 at 08:41. Reason: missed a bit

but casting storms/drought on a Shepard is free Intel I like free stuff.
    However i see the argument for wasting mana stealth etc. means you have to look at what you are doing not just blanket casting.

Yeah im just purely advocating and supporting the fact that it would mean the casting province loses mana and runes (same as riots causing loss in thieves and stealth), gives that dynamic that you need to look more into the provicne to gain real benefit rather than just blanket casting.

as for the issue of still being able to gain honour same as you can from riots (even though the province is immune-UD/merchant)... im on the fence, the only thing i strongly agree is that they should be the same, whether it is a bug or not...

Palem - not being argumentative - but isnt the net affect of greed the same?

If you raise a persons wages from a set pool of income then the net effect is less income left to go around - how is this NOT a penalty?

Which makes the guide misleading..".Merchants are the masters of trade and finance. Known for their intuition and expertise when dealing with cash, Merchants are able to generate more gold than the other personas. They are also known for their unique ability to deal with economical problems and to ignore them"
    Laughter IS the best medicine - always

well for one thats just flavor text, not fact. plus its not an economical problem. thats left intact since they still make the same amount of money. your military just wants mo money. thats more of a socio problem id say.

You could look at it as though the Merchant personality is immune to revenue penalties and wages are an expense account so increasing the expense is not changing their revenue, just their net profit.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Thread Information