Thread: TM vs Massacre, on active Halfing T/a

Regular

TM vs Massacre, on active Halfing T/a

hello,
    i'm just wondering if it is better to march or massacre an active Halfing/cleric that is able to double tap and is a baron.

marching is tempting, but it'll increase his already high TPA
    massacreing kills some thieves/pezzies/wizzies but his thieves are cheap..

if march, he's cleric so i'll take mostly land instead of inflicting combat losses..

kinda've stuck. any suggestions?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Can you get a good chain through in an hour to cause some severe overpop?

If not, I would say massacre.

Is this in or out of war?
    If in war:

Massacre sucks unless he is already fireballed .If you get him fireballed first, 8 massacres attack on him should do the trick, followed by 4 razes to completely destroy his buildings so he cant recover, then steal his money and ns him as hes too fat and has little theives left. And to finish him off, a chain of trad marches

If outside war:
    Just raze the crap out of him, hell never recover, 8 hits should do the trick
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

Regular

ok

thanks for the suggestions. this was in war, but couldn't pull off the chain fast enough.. oh well.

another question:
    about AMBUSH... remind me, again... if u get double tapped and are looking to ambush them, the first ambush is vs. the 2nd tap, right ?

Depends. It's against the most recent land hit on you that was successful.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Regular

sweet

ok got it, was successful on both attempts. just keep forgetting it's the 'most recent' hit that is ambushed..

another question:
    are u now able to ambush an ambush? it wasn't like that last age but my ambush just got ambushed and i'm wondering htf

Regular
    From our last war.

May 1 of YR1 xxx (0:0) captured 131 acres of land from yyy (0:0).

May 8 of YR1 yyy (0:0) ambushed armies from xxx (0:0) and took 65 acres of land.

May 13 of YR1 xxx (0:0) recaptured 32 acres of land from yyy (0:0).

May 14 of YR1 yyy (0:0) ambushed armies from xxx (0:0) and took 16 acres of land.

May 14 of YR1 xxx (0:0) recaptured 8 acres of land from yyy (0:0).

you have been able to ambush an ambush for years
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular

i c

well then i guess i never noticed it happening lol. my bad.

thanks for the help.

im a halfing, and in the last war they tried to massacre me out beforehand, but did a tiny amount of damage, probably took 10 hours growth to repair...
    OOW the most effective way would be to raze like hell to make army desert then massacre him out to drop the TPA after he has no defence at home, then you can at least triple tap him.
    but if you are going into a war obv the last thing you want to do is raze...so your only choice is massacre, but that needs to be combined with FB, MS, Chastity etc to stop him replacing these damn cheap 250gc thieves..

Mass is a fixed percentage modified by gains.
    High peasants won't affect mass gains, though mass makes it easier to push peasants down lower (having a higher % killed than fireballs).

Mass isn't very effective out of war, and requires a serious commitment to do any serious damage... though in war it is highly effective... but often costs you acre gains.

Either way, to retrain thieves a halfling need gold and soldiers. And both of these require peasants.
    Kill the peasants and your halfling will become an aid leech, sucking the very life out of the KD.
    Just say "yes" and I'll go away.

Thread Information