Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Foul language?

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    if you believe in god and think that such words affect your soul you have completely misunderstood the religion.
    And you must be the ignorant one on this matter. It says twice in Scripture that taking God's name in vain is a sin. Sin does affect one's soul; so, no, if one believes that sinning affects one's soul then one does understand Christianity in that aspect.

(See Exodus 20:7 and Deuteronomy 5:11)
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Post Fiend
    christianity is a gross misinterpretation of god. while it may state in words the stance you believe in, your stance does nothing to consider the circumstances or the history involved. the restriction of GD and other such language was a lesson in discipline. nothing more. it was a tool passed down to harden the jews in their plight through the desert. I can wholeheartedly assure you that simple words have no bearing. it is your actions and intents that are measured. so sure, if you swear at people and continually make an ass of yourself, it will have an effect. but fleeting words of frustration are meaningless.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If you'd like to talk about god and religion, you can do so in GT.

Post Fiend
    I can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by kbone View Post
    your swearing in a thread about foul language, not very appropriate
    Oooh I had to look it up .... the so called swear word ..... I take it your from north america and this is another example of the english language being butchered

Ass may refer to:

* Donkey
    o Asinus subgenus
    o From the above, slang for "stupid person"
    * North American English informal term for buttocks
    * Arse, an informal term for buttocks (additionally used as an informal term for "idiot") in British English, from which the American English 'ass' is derived

Post Fiend
    "I take it your from north america and this is another example of the english language being butchered"

that is a troll fail. giant, steaming, turd covered fail.

JC isn't against showing signs of anger. He screwed up a whole lot of mercs tables and items cause he didn't like it in his temple. I'm sure he cursed at them while destroying their property.

Regular
    Guys I really don't have much say here but please respond without banter. I rather people come here if they have questions rather then not looking at this thread because of ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    "I take it your from north america and this is another example of the english language being butchered"

that is a troll fail. giant, steaming, turd covered fail.
    onbviously ....... the fail stands out like dogs balls .....

But still correct North Americans DO butcher the english language

Quote Originally Posted by goalievogel View Post
    Guys I really don't have much say here but please respond without banter. I rather people come here if they have questions rather then not looking at this thread because of ranting.
    Oooh yeh really have an issue there dont you ...... its a public forum you've got zero control over the replys here.

Post Fiend
    try stringing together a single sentence without butchering it before casting stones. I hear it works wonders, especially when you're criticizing grammar.

Enthusiast
    if you're from America, ass is a swear word. and were in America, so we speak American

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by kbone View Post
    and were in America, so we speak American
    lol @ every bit of that

I do not agree that religious opinions deserve any attention in this argument, or any arguments in particular. Anything philosophical should stay out of the modern secular discussion whether its about morality or principles.

Take what I said in an educated fashion.

lol nvm, I shouldn't go there.
    Last edited by DHaran; 03-05-2011 at 16:00.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    there's also this whole issue of me saying GD, not him. why it offends him is a mystery. he's not breaking the perceived laws of his religion or the ones he's adopted as his faith. why other people saying words that have nothing to do with him is offensive makes no sense. if I said palem was a dirty necrophiliac that also dabbled in the buttocks of sheep, why should kbone be offended? it has nothing to do with him. now he may be a friend of palem's and wish to come to palem's defense (of which he has none... that pervert!), but truly offended? I'm not seeing it.

in this case, I'm not insulting a thing. there's no logical reason to be offended by word choice. and while ordray may be the current target of my little tirade, it is in no way meant to be offensive or specific to him.

Thread Information